Batman/Detective Comics Series Discussion *Spoilers*

One of the minis/one shots is about Barbara Gordon and I believe is called The Cure... I too hope it's not her back as Batgirl but thinks are not looking good.

One of the minis/one shots is about Barbara Gordon and I believe is called The Cure... I too hope it's not her back as Batgirl but thinks are not looking good.

The other thing that makes me worry is that they seem to be releasing a Birds of Prey style book that's not called Birds of Prey.

The first part of Gaiman/Kubert's "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" came out today... and it's pretty damn neat. It seems like Gaiman enjoys playing around with Batman's history just as much as Morrison does.

The first part of Gaiman/Kubert's "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" came out today... and it's pretty damn neat. It seems like Gaiman enjoys playing around with Batman's history just as much as Morrison does.

Yeah, it's just great. I like it better than any individual issue of Morrison's Batman. In fact, it's one of the best Batman stories I've ever read. It really is quite good.

I also read Nightwing, and it was pretty not good. I just really can't stomach Tieri's writing style. But at the end of the backup, there's a sort of flash forward thing. We see Nightwing face-to-face with a dark looking Batman, him kissing someone dressed up like Batgirl, training Damian in front of Talia, and having a gun held to his head by a Batman.

And honestly, that makes me excited. I think he'll make an interesting Batman, especially with his history with the universe, his relationship with Bruce, and his relationship with Barbara, and it will be interesting to see an heir to Bruce Wayne step up as well. And Dick and Damian should make an interesting and unexpected Batman/Robin dynamic.

"Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" is sooo good. Everyone should be reading it.
I hope to god that is Gaiman's Death that Bruce is talking to. Cause that would be the greatest thing ever.
"Are you death?"

"I don't think death is a person, Bruce."

But maybe she's just messing with him.

"Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" is sooo good. Everyone should be reading it.

"Are you death?"

"I don't think death is a person, Bruce."

But maybe she's just messing with him.

I'm guessing Martha Wayne.

Also, according to LitG, Batman and Robin is going to be written by Grant Morrison in three issue arcs with rotating artists. And the first and fourth are going to be illustrated by Frank Quitely!

Last edited:
My knowledge of Sandman is limited, but isn't Gaiman's Death a part of the DC universe?

And yeah, WHTTCC rocks.

Last edited:

Also, according to LitG, Batman and Robin is going to be written by Grant Morrison in three issue arcs with rotating artists. And the first and fourth are going to be illustrated by Frank Quitely!

That is going to be so awesome. I'd rather have it now instead of this Battle for the Cowl nonsense.

That is going to be so awesome. I'd rather have it now instead of this Battle for the Cowl nonsense.

Agreed. I don't know how Tony Daniel is as a writer, but I thought his art towards the end of the Batman run was great, so I'll hold off reservations. But I'm not a big fan of the huge Bat-crossovers; most of the supporting cast is just lame.

Mostly, I want to know what the teams are going to be on the relaunch books. We know Morrison on B&R, Rucka on Det and I'm going to assume Dini on Sirens. If Barbara Gordon comes back as Batgirl, I'll accept no one but Gail Simone writing it.

Edit: Oh, and Kate Spencer as Gotham's new DA is going to be awesome.

Last edited:
Here's the full Battle For the Cowl spread. I think it's time for a critical breakdown.

BFTCposterlow.jpg

So, I like Tony Daniel as an artist and I can absolutely respect the skill it takes to squeeze that many characters into a spread, but I hate spread like this, where the characters are all posed and looking like they're standing around for an Empire cover shoot. Except Squire and Jason Todd are trying to take the photographer out. what dicks. And honestly, I'm not interested of "Who's going to be the next Batman?" I mean, I'm interested in what a post-Batman Gotham will be like, but a big brawl to see who's going to wear the cowl just bores the hell out of me. Especially with all these unimportant ancillary characters attached. So we've got...

Edit: On second thought, **** the critical breakdown. Maybe later. Does anyone know who the chick in the kabuki mask and the spidery-looking dude with the gas mask face are? Her design is kind of cool but his is awful (got sort of a Bane thing going on, sort of....), but I have no clue who they are.

Also, the Riddler looks like a reject from the worst new wave band ever. All he's missing is a keytar. ****ing Max Headroom looking mother****er.

Last edited:

I loves me some Frank Quitely, but his style is to clean and almost cartoony to work for a darker character like Batman.

Frank Quitely is the second best artist working in comics currently.

JH Williams III is the first.

FACT.

Extremely true.

JH Williams III is so talented and versatile that he puts most other artists to shame.

I just wish he better qualified as an "artist working in comics currently".

Latest posts

Back