Batman/Detective Comics Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Extremely true.

JH Williams III is so talented and versatile that he puts most other artists to shame.

I just wish he better qualified as an "artist working in comics currently".

He's been secretly drawing 12 issues of a Batwoman story written by Greg Rucka that will blow everyone's socks off.

I think he's also working on one of those new Morrison Vertigo projects.

Cowl preview art:

batman-battle-for-the-cowl-20090218031730634.jpg

batman-battle-for-the-cowl-20090218031727681.jpg

batman-battle-for-the-cowl-20090218031724290.jpg

Despite not really being excited about this, I really do love Tony Daniels' art and layouts.

Last edited:
Once again, Grant Morrison has left me scratching my head about something for which I was originally quite excited.

The first cover to 'Batman and Robin':

BatmanandRobin.jpg

:?

I mean, Batman actually looks perplexed in the picture at Robin's weird, over-stylised suit.

Does it remind anyone else of this?

I was all set for a 'proper' All-Star Batman. Now instead it looks like another one of the finest Batman writers ever is just out to write another hilarious, ironic, purposely over-the-top spoof.

I could be wrong, though. After all, I was a bit sceptical when Quitely's initial All-Star Superman images popped up on the 'net. I'm still quite interested in seeing how this turns out.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure to post this but Battle for the Cowl #1 was decent. The art was great and the story was a lot better than I thought it would be. I think the Batman with the guns is Jason Todd and Tim Drake is the other Batman who went looking for him.

It does seem like Dick Grayson will take the mantle so the others don't have to do it.

I'm not really sure to post this but Battle for the Cowl #1 was decent. The art was great and the story was a lot better than I thought it would be. I think the Batman with the guns is Jason Todd and Tim Drake is the other Batman who went looking for him.

It does seem like Dick Grayson will take the mantle so the others don't have to do it.

It's been said in interviews somewhere (I can't remember quite where) that Jason Todd is going to be running around in a bat-suit with guns.... So, I'd guess the guy running around in a bat-suit with guns is Jason Todd.

And given Robin's voice-over ontop of the other Batman, I think it's pretty clear the other guy's him.

But, eh.... It didn't really grab me. I liked the interplay between Damian and Dick, and Daniels is certainly capable as an artist and writer (but I don't dig this art as much as what he did on RIP, yet) but it just feels sort of like another generic Batman event. Arkham Asylum blew up? Again? Please....

I'm excited to see Jason Todd vs Black Mask again.

His art isn't as neat as usually, probably cause he rushed to get this done with writing it also. I also want to see more of the Batwoman-Batgirl team up.

Cully Hamner is doing the art for a Rucka written Question story that'll run with Rucka's Batwoman in Detective. God I love Rucka. Hamner and Williams make me feel all warm n fuzzy too.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/030930-Cully-Question.html

Honestly tho.... what kinda freaks me out

compare upper left here;
TheQuestion.jpg

to upper right here;
Hamner_Question2_lorez.jpg

I just read both part of "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?"

It was pretty cool. The first issue was better than the second. I loved Alfred's tale.

So what do you guys think of
Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin
(conclusion to Battle of the Cowl)?

No idea if this should go here but anyone read "The Joker : Devil's Advocate"? I bought it awhile ago and only just read it the other day. I love the concept/story of the book I really do. The joker is arrested and seen as sane enough to get a regular trial and of course with all the stuff he's done he gets the chair. However batman thinks the crime he was arrested for he's innocent of and actually tries to prove the joker's innocence. Not going to give it all away but pretty fun and kinda clever.

The art reminds me of Batman TAS which is good as I loved that. And it works well in the book. Sure it's not the best comic but I loved it.

The next issue of the current Detective Comics arc concludes the Rucka/JHW3 Batwoman run (though there is an arc drawn by Jock). The good news? The two are reuniting next year to create a proper Batwoman ongoing! :)

The next issue of the current Detective Comics arc concludes the Rucka/JHW3 Batwoman run (though there is an arc drawn by Jock). The good news? The two are reuniting next year to create a proper Batwoman ongoing! :)

YAY!!!! *Kermit flail!*

Latest posts

Back