Batman Titles (2009)

It sounds like that guy wanted to see more of the same stuff (and some of that same stuff is terrible, like Cacophony) which would have been BORING. It was time for something new and that's what Morrison did and it created one of my favourite Batman stories ever.

I can understand what he's getting at. Bruce Wayne is very essential to the character and title. Taking him out is a big risk, the tone and style and potentially what makes Batman, Batman can be changed into something we wouldn't like. The next few arc are the most vital to see if they can pull it off.

I'm seriously excited for some of these books more than I have been in the past.

That guy is just a colossal overcharged fanboy.

Gotham Sirens

first-look-at-gothams-streets-and-s.jpg

first-look-at-gothams-streets-an-1.jpg

Streets Of Gotham
first-look-at-gothams-streets-an-2.jpg

first-look-at-gothams-streets-an-3.jpg

Dude, that's awesome... I mean, aside from Winnick writing Batman, but at least it'll have Tony Daniel. So the art will be awesome at least.

Chris Yost makes perfect sense for a Red Robin book if it's Tim Drake in the role. And every sign seems to be pointing that way. I'm just curious about what direction that book will take.

I think the Dick/Damian dynamic will be great, a fresh new perspective. Dick Grayson is more colorful and garish than Batman, and he's been Robin in the past, so I could see him being able to communicate with Damian in a way Bruce never really could.

Oh, and Guillem March's art is so beautiful. It'll be perfect for a girl-ensemble book.

Panda-fact evidence:
portada_catwoman.jpg

As for Morrison's tenure on the book.... Yeah.... I think Batman and Son through RIP is just his first book. Book two will be B&R; which means he'll be wrapping up just in time for me to take over. Mwa.

is that Michelle Pfeiffer in that costume?

He is missing the point entirely.

*points to the thread where I argued why Bruce Wayne should no longer be Batman"

I still disagree with your arguments.

He totally and completely missed the point. The essence of DC is Legacy. Someone taking up the mantle of a fallen hero is par for the course in that universe, and that's one of the reasons why I love it.

Well, that's true, but I think it comes down to a case-by-case basis. There's still an important resonance between Batman and Bruce Wayne. The character's still tangled. His story isn't finished. I don't think Bruce should always be Batman, but I do think Bruce's role needs a definitive end, not in the sense of "Batman dies" but in the sense that there needs to be a resolution to the schism between Bruce and Batman, and there needs to be a fulfillment of legacy reaching backwards: Bruce reclaiming the legacy of his father, which is very different from what he's doing now. Batman rules beat DC rules.

But as an interlude in the career of Bruce, I think this cycle of stories should be cool.

Edit: That dude Jett needs some dope. military grade. Damn.

Last edited:
But as an interlude in the career of Bruce, I think this cycle of stories should be cool.

Exactly. It'll be a fun event for a few months until Bruce comes back.

That dude Jett needs some dope. military grade. Damn.

He's a bit conservative and he's been through a LOT of crap. He was one of those people who was actually looking forward to Batman & Robin and was then bitterly disappointed.

Exactly. It'll be a fun event for a few months until Bruce comes back.

He's a bit conservative and he's been through a LOT of crap. He was one of those people who was actually looking forward to Batman & Robin and was then bitterly disappointed.

Bitterly disappointed by a book that hasn't come out yet?

So, Azrael.

I so guessed that Azrael is
Lane, the Third Batman

I think it's an interesting, sensible direction for the character.

Last edited:
yo, wait...
the evil batman in the future in Batman 666 that claims he is the son of the anti-christ
is Azrael?

that's messed up

Interview with Grant Morrison about Batman and Robin.

So excited!

With the collections out, we've got "Batman & Son," we've got "The Black Glove," we've got "Batman R.I.P.," and then we've got this one, "Batman & Robin," and then, hopefully, there will be a final volume, a fifth volume. Bruce is still out there. "Final Crisis" revealed Bruce is still out there and he's got to make his way back in some way.

I was correct, which saddens me because a further 3 years or so on Morrison's Batman would have been wicked cool.

Though he does say this takes him until 2010 and if he wants to, he'll go further. I hope so. Morrison's Batman is so fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back