Batman Titles (2009)

So, Azrael.

I so guessed that Azrael is
Lane, the Third Batman

I think it's an interesting, sensible direction for the character.

Yes. I am loving the idea. But I kinda disappointed cause
I wanted to see Valley come back.

Last edited:
Yes. I am loving the idea. But I kinda disappointed cause
I wanted to see Valley come back.

I don't like
Valley
. He was pretty crappy.
Lane
is already more interesting.

Last edited:
Just read Azrael: Death's Dark Knight. The story is whatever but the art is gorgeous! Also, does anyone know the name of the skullfaced guy that shows up with the team of villains? Whoever he is, he looks ruttin awesome!

I don't read Marvel or DC ongoings anymore (unless you count Criminal and Wildcats) but I saw Irving was on art so I had to have a look.

Last edited:
ooooooohhhhh, i get it,

Jean-Paul Valley
isn't
the third ghost of Batman,
but
Lane (aka the third ghost of Batman/Bat-devil)
is working for
the Order of Saint Dumas
and has taken the title of
Azrael
...that makes more sense

i don't know, i don't actually READ any Batman comics. I just ask annoying questions and try to piece together what's happening.

Though he does confirm that the Batman in his title will be the same one as the Batman in Morrison's title and I thought Winick would want to write a Jason Todd Batman.

I was hoping Winnick would be writing Jason Todd as Batman.

Me too. I'd rather Morrison have full control over the Dick Grayson Batman.

Well, it's really just Winnick I'm worried about. I don't mind Dini or Nicieza or Rucka playing with the new Batman in their books.

I think two Batmans running around Gotham over the course of a year or so could be cool.

Last edited:
I really like Frank Quitely's version of the characters. The art for Batman and Robin #1 looks nice.
Batman--Robin-Quietly-2009-Wallpape.jpg

Last edited:
The cover to Batman and Robin #2:

bmrob-cv2.jpg

Does the batmobile have a ginormous red windsheild shaped like a bat?

is that new?

it looks kinda dumb

The Batmobile has looked dumber. I think this one looks pretty sleek and cool. The problem is that the Nolan movies have made it difficult for me to enjoy some of the fantasy elements of Batman....but Grant Morrison can make anything seem awesome, no matter how fantastical or camp....and Quitely is a perfect match for Morrison.

Latest posts

Back