Batman Titles (2009)

On another note, Red Robin kind of blew. And it seems like there may or may not be a new Batgirl.

I thought it was ok but I didn't like Tim's obsession with calling himself Wayne. It seemed to be a slap in the face to his father.

Last edited:
Red Robin sucked completely.

Tim Drake is maybe my favorite comic book character. It's just a shame he isn't even appearing in his own title anymore.

Are we not having a separate discussion thread for Batman & Robin?

I don't know, are you in some way being prevented from starting one?

That was me being lazy instead of reading through the thread to see if the discussion existed.

I don't know. Does it warrant a separate thread?

I don't know. Who the **** is in charge around here?

(Batman & Robin discussion is now it its own thread)

What is Red Robin? What is supposed to make him different from not-Red Robin?

Former Robin Tim Drake is Red Robin.

He's in Europe calling himself Tim Wayne and is for some reason convinced Bruce is still alive.

It's awful.

Former Robin Tim Drake is Red Robin.

He's in Europe calling himself Tim Wayne and is for some reason convinced Bruce is still alive.

It's awful.

I mean how is the character different from regular Robin? Like, does he kill people? Or is there no difference at all and he only changed the name so no one would confuse them?

I mean how is the character different from regular Robin? Like, does he kill people? Or is there no difference at all and he only changed the name so no one would confuse them?

Because Damien is the official Robin now. So he moved on and become Red Robin. Like when Dick became Nightwing.

I think Tim should be the new Nightwing. Maybe.

Last edited:

He's angry now because Damien was mean to him. Oh, and he has thighs that would make Suzanne Somers drool.

Because Damien is the official Robin now. So he moved on and become Red Robin. Like when Dick became Nightwing.

I think Tim should be the new Nightwing. Maybe.

Red Robin just seems like a down grade, it's like if Spider-Man became the Steel Spider. Plus, didn't Jason Todd wear it last? Why would Tim want his hand-me-down? I agree with your Nightwing sentiment though.

He's angry now because Damien was mean to him.

So...he tries to fight him or something? Or is he just all emo about it?

Just about every time I see the title of this thread I see "Batman Titties (2009)" and it makes me think of

080716_dk_nipples.jpg

curious to hear what everyone thinks of the new detective with Batwoman now that it's out.

No, he just hugs real tight to a crotch rocket and pretends it's Damian's crotch rocket. Oh, young love...

Seriously, it's another one of those books where the hero decides for not-wholly-explained reasons that he's not being tough enough, so he decides to start punching dudes extra hard and using the growly Christian Bale voice.

"I AM THE REDNESS! I AM THE ROBIN! CHIRP! CHIRP-CHIRP!"

E said:
Just about every time I see the title of this thread I see "Batman Titties (2009)" and it makes me think of

080716_dk_nipples.jpg

Do I get bonus points for making you think of boobs?

Last edited:
Both, actually. He pops Damian, but Dick breaks it up and he storms out emofully. He then proceeds to emo around Europe for a while punching random bad guys.

And the Tim Wayne thing is ****ing stupid.

080716_dk_nipples.jpg
:lol:
curious to hear what everyone thinks of the new detective with Batwoman now that it's out.
I liked half the issue. The half where she wasn't in costume and the artist wasn't experimenting with as many different kinds of misshapen panels as he could fit on the page. It's really cool that J.H. Williams III can make a panel that looks like the bat symbol, but his page layouts are often confusing and occasionally just plain ugly. Which is unfortunate since the art itself is very nice. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. Squares and rectangles Mr. Williams, squares and rectangles.

The Question back-up sucked. I like Renee Montoya. I like the Question. I just don't like Renee Montoya as the Question.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back