Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

Yeah, but Guy also has experience as a Green lantern, so maybe his willpower will be able to keep his rage in check?
Man I really hope so... I really want to see Red Lantern Gardner tear up some black lanterns. We already know that the reds have an advantage in the fights.

RAGE

Bruce Wayne of Earth. Rise!

Kal El of Krypton. Die!

So not only do we have Kyle dead but we have Super Black Lantern Ice. Guy is passed pissed. Guy might have more Rage than Atrocitus at this point.

This issue was really part 2 of Green Lantern before it, and while I don't see why you'd be buying Blackest Night and not Green Lantern it would have been nice to have a note at the start of BN.

So, any guesses as to what The Guardians secret is?

Black Lantern Bruce Wayne should have stuck around for longer.

I was just thinking, what if the secret Nekron knows is that the guardians ordered the Massacre of Sector 666? I'm not sure how it would play into the story or even why he'd care, but it would be a pretty big secret.

EDIT: scratch that. Its so freaking obvious. Nekron caused the Manhunters to glitch and try to exterminate all life. Its one of the big unexplained bits of GL history and would fit in perfectly to the story. And once revieled it will help to keep the Red Lanterns around. From where I sit they were without a doubt the hardest to keep. Still doesn't help us see what the guardians big secret is.

Last edited:
I loved all the interactions between the color corps.

When I got to the Bruce Wayne of Earth thing. I had to stop reading for a minute cause I was too scared to turn the page.

I was just thinking, what if the secret Nekron knows is that the guardians ordered the Massacre of Sector 666? I'm not sure how it would play into the story or even why he'd care, but it would be a pretty big secret.

EDIT: scratch that. Its so freaking obvious. Nekron caused the Manhunters to glitch and try to exterminate all life. Its one of the big unexplained bits of GL history and would fit in perfectly to the story. And once revieled it will help to keep the Red Lanterns around. From where I sit they were without a doubt the hardest to keep. Still doesn't help us see what the guardians big secret is.

I thought Nekron's secret was that he erased Hal Jordan's marriage from history...oh wait, i'm getting confused.

tumblr_ktqmo1GZbe1qzla78o1_500.png

Look how scary that is.

Blackest Night Hardcovers coming this summer:

Blackest Night July 6, 2010

Blackest Night: Green Lantern August 10, 2010

Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps August 10, 2010

Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps June 8, 2010

Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Volume One (Collects Blackest Night: Batman #'s 1-3, Blackest Night: Superman #'s 1-3 and Blackest Night: Titans # 's 1-3) July 13, 2010

Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Volume Two (Collects Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #'s 1-3, Blackest Night: JSA #'s 1-3 and Blackest Night: Flash # 's 1-3) July 13, 2010

Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns July 13, 2010
Product Description:
This essential BLACKEST NIGHT tie-in title written by event architect, Geoff Johns along with collaborator James Robinson, Peter J. Tomasi and others is an essential part of the Blackest Night storyline. Eight classic titles from DC's past return for stories featuring characters from their original runs dealing with the events unfolding in the DC Universe which show the amazing reach of this mega-crossover event. Includes POWER OF SHAZAM! # 48, CATWOMAN # 83, SUICIDE SQUAD # 67, QUESTION # 37, PHANTOM STRANGER # 42, WEIRD WESTERN TALES # 71, ATOM AND HAWKMAN # 46, STARMAN # 81.

I'm sure the dates are tentative, but there you go.

Last edited:
I think they could have gone a little further with the Black Lantern Batman re-design. Sure there's lots of subtle things, but it looks like they just stuck a Black Lantern symbol in his chest and put him in black & white.

Maybe something more along the lines of this
sin-bat.jpg

looking for that I found this and found it amusing
green-lantern-batman1.jpg

Finally just read #5...I don't get the beginning where Hal is with a representative from each corps. I'm not reading any of the tie-ins; is that why I'm confused? I would hope something so important would not be relegated to a tie-in. That's pretty major to have the corps get together like that.

Latest posts

Back