Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Blackest Night (general discussion)

It's been posted like a thousand times in the Green Lantern thread.

TOG will tell you.

Sorry, I usually just skim through. I'm a speed reader. This series has just gotten to the point of epicness. It will go great next to my Punisher MAX tpb's

ok so I think im gonna get this series now in tpb. Where do I start? Does anyone know if there's some kind of checklist for this all?

I've answered this like 8 times...

Green Lantern: Rebirth
Green Lantern: No Fear (issues 1-6, Secret Files #1)
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns (issues 7-13)
Green Lantern: Wanted - Hal Jordan (issues 14-20)
Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Volume 1 (issues 21-23, GLC #14-15, Sinestro Corps Special #1)
Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Volume 2 (issues 24-25, GLC #16-19)
Green Lantern: Tales Of The Sinestro Corps
Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns (issues 26-28, 36-38)
Green Lantern: Secret Origin (issues 29-35)

Tales Of The Sinestro Corps collects (Backup stories of members from eariler issues, The 4 Tales Oneshots, and the Secret Files thing which is pretty cool)

This is the reading order for the Sinestro Corps War...

Green Lantern - Sinestro Corps Special 01 - Part 1
Green Lantern 21 - Part 2
Green Lantern Corps 14 - Part 3
Green Lantern 22 - Part 4
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Parallax
Green Lantern Corps 15 - Part 5
Green Lantern 23 - Part 6
Green Lantern Corps 16 - Part 7
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Cyborg Superman
Green Lantern 24 - Part 8
Green Lantern Corps 17 - Part 9
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Superman Prime
Green Lantern Corps 18 - Part 10
Green Lantern 25 - Part 11
Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Ion
Green Lantern Corps 19 - Epilogue

For the side series with the other members of the Green Lantern Corps...

Green Lantern Corps - Recharge
Green Lantern Corps: To Be a Lantern
Green Lantern Corps: A Dark Side Of Green

Than the Sinestro Corps War

Green Lantern Corps: Ring Quest
Green Lantern Corps: Sins of the Star Sapphire (Released This July)

I loved it too. I'm so excited for this. It's going to be amazing. I can't believe something this epic is just a Green Lantern story. I love Geoff Johns.

Who rises?!

So I just read Blackest night # zero

Some interesting choices for Black Lanterns. They weren't kidding about the dead will rise part of this.

The end has a little segment on each color, and their respective weakness/power. But their is no explanation on the Black or indigo colors.

This should be interesting to say the least.

Eh? Where'd you find it?

Yeah that is true, but if this issue actually cost anything i would feel bad.
I pretty much know now that i am buying most of the Blackest Night stuff except crap like Titans and Blackest Night: Wonder woman.

I will be getting Green Lantern, Corps, Blackest Night, Tales of Corps.
And then when it all collected in Hardcover i will buy that.
Ha ha I think i am giving them enough money for it.
And so far it defiantly been worth it :D

Last edited:

Can someone give me a list of included issues or reading order or something like that?

Can someone give me a list of included issues or reading order or something like that?

First post of this thread.

Hm. #0 was alright, I guess.

How'd you see 0 already? Isn't it coming out for free comic day?

And, do you think this is something I'd be able to follow without reading Green Lantern up to this point? Or will I be lost?

Last edited:

How'd you see 0 already? Isn't it coming out for free comic day?

Because I'm magic.

Dancanread said:
And, do you think this is something I'd be able to follow without reading Green Lantern up to this point? Or will I be lost?

I'm not quite sure. If you understand the basic high concept, you should be fine. There's a bunch of different corps running around, each motivated by a different emotion that they channel through a ring (or other talisman type thingy). And now a Black Corps (presumably the absence of emotion) is bringing back dead DC characters as zombies.

It's hard to tell just know, because 0 was basically just a teaser, but I'd guess that knowing general DC stuff is more important than knowing Green Lantern.

Oh! And interview with Ethan Sciver.

EVS said:
I know! He showed me the first few pages in pencil at a convention, and I said, "Shane, the key thing here is vomit. As much vomit as you can possibly draw." And he was keen to do it. Actually, I'm not sure he was keen to do it. He's a good fellow with good, wholesome, Midwestern values, and he was not thrilled about drawing devilish characters vomiting. But I convinced him it would help his career. And it has, I think.

But yeah, I was watching the 28 Days/Weeks Later movies. And I like the idea of getting some sort of virus and becoming rabid and having goo come out of your nose and eye sockets and your mouth. It would just make my day to happen to me. And it's a lot of fun to draw. So I thought, boy, if you put on this red ring, I think what would happen is that it would be like a case of the rabies. It would be like 28 Days Later, and you would start spitting out the red energy, instead of it being a controlled thing that you would exercise from your ring, it would be something uncontrollable, like rage is. It would come out of every orifice and would be a mess.

So I drew Abyssma vomiting all over Hal Jordan, and I said, "Hey, look, Geoff, they vomit!" And Geoff's reaction wasn't too keen at first. But then I think he thought about it a lot, and he thought it made sense and found a way to work it into the story.

I like Van Sciver. He's a funny guy in all his interviews. I always imagine him as Nick Frost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back