Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Blackest Night (general discussion)

I'd like to see Indigo, Violet, and Black Lantern versions at some point to. I mean it's bound to happen.

gl_43_p12-13-1-copy.jpg

Awesome.

Variant cover for #1:

Blackest_Night_Vol_1_1b_28Virgin29.jpg

bln_cv3_variant.jpg

More black Lanterns.

I'm guessing the one with the staff and headdress is Manitou Raven.

Or possibly Super Chief? We know Geoff Johns has played with him in 52, in which they kind of built a "legacy of death" surrounding the mantle, and there was initially going to be a "resurrection" subplot that didn't find its way into the comic.

Although... I guess Manitou Raven has relationships with existing DC characters, while Super-Chief really.... doesn't. Emotional significance is supposed to play a large part in the story, right?

Last edited:

Or possibly Super Chief? We know Geoff Johns has played with him in 52, in which they kind of built a "legacy of death" surrounding the mantle, and there was initially going to be a "resurrection" subplot that didn't find its way into the comic.

Although... I guess Manitou Raven has relationships with existing DC characters, while Super-Chief really.... doesn't. Emotional significance is supposed to play a large part in the story, right?

Well Jason Rusch did invite Super Chief into his own League right before he died so maybe he's going after him.

Well Jason Rusch did invite Super Chief into his own League right before he died so maybe he's going after him.

Hm!

Any idea who the others coffin-bound are? Maybe other one-time Leaguers, or characters with significance to Firestorm? I'll admit to not knowing much about the character.

Last edited:

Hm!

Any idea who the others coffin-bound are? Maybe other one-time Leaguers, or characters with significance to Firestorm? I'll admit to not knowing much about the character.

I'm sure the two on the left are the first Killer Frost and Hyena, Ronnie Raymond's first villains. That would make the most sense.

Yeah, the amulet that Super Chief used was utilized in 52, it was one of the artifacts that Ralph Dibney brought Faust, which I think was th whole point of the story there.

Latest posts

Back