Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Blackest Night (general discussion)

I would like to see Ralph and Sue's ghosts confront their zombies.

I'm okay with the deaths because it feels like it's part of the story to bringing the characters back. They really pushed the resurrection angle pretty heavy-handedly here.

Nekron draws his power from the souls and spirits of all who have ever died. I think at 100%, Nekron rises.

I would like to see Ralph and Sue's ghosts confront their zombies.

I'm okay with the deaths because it feels like it's part of the story to bringing the characters back. They really pushed the resurrection angle pretty heavy-handedly here.

That would be a cool idea I think.

The Indigo tribe seems to be able to absorb the powers from the different corps and use it against them.
The leader put her hand on the green lantern, and started to produce the uniform/symbol thing that floats off the chest of a green lantern.
Then absorbed the yellow from the sinestro corps member and produced something that 'scared' the sinestro corps guy.

They must be big players if they have not been revealed before the event.

Blackest Night was amazing, i don't really like the splash page that you have to turn the book around to read it.
But other than that, i am really interested to see how this event turns out :D

Geoff Johns killed hawkman.

And Hawkgirl.

Mother****er!

He did how much work to get those two back and the make the characters WORK and they're dead now. Beaten to death and brought back as Black Lanterns.

Not zombies. Zombies are different. These guys are undead, but thinking, corrupted undead. But not zombies.

I have a great fear that this is the story that Johns has been building to for all these years. I've been on board with the man since his JSA/Flash days (Missed out on Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. :() and there have always been seeds for what he's plotting in stories. I thought it was going to all come together in Infinate Crisis but it didn't. I think its here. I think every proper resurection hes done, every team he's built, everything hes done is coming to a head here.

Crap in a hat I can't wait.

But 8 issues? I thought it was 4. All of the minis end at or around issue 4, and then we're going to have 4 more issues?

And Hawkgirl.

Mother****er!

He did how much work to get those two back and the make the characters WORK and they're dead now. Beaten to death and brought back as Black Lanterns.

Not zombies. Zombies are different. These guys are undead, but thinking, corrupted undead. But not zombies.

I have a great fear that this is the story that Johns has been building to for all these years. I've been on board with the man since his JSA/Flash days (Missed out on Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. :() and there have always been seeds for what he's plotting in stories. I thought it was going to all come together in Infinate Crisis but it didn't. I think its here. I think every proper resurection hes done, every team he's built, everything hes done is coming to a head here.

But 8 issues? I thought it was 4. All of the minis end at or around issue 4, and then we're going to have 4 more issues?

There's going to be two rounds of miniseries. Three triple issues towards the beginning, and then three triple issues following that.

And Hawkgirl.

Mother****er!

I believe there is another set of minis that may start up when the others end.

There's going to be two rounds of miniseries. Three triple issues towards the beginning, and then three triple issues following that.

I believe there is another set of minis that may start up when the others end.

Ahhh.

Still, 8 issues is a long one. The last two Crisis titles only got 7. Well, Final was really what, 10 with the morrison tie ins.

Do we have any idea what the second round will be?

Ahhh.

Still, 8 issues is a long one. The last two Crisis titles only got 7. Well, Final was really what, 10 with the morrison tie ins.

I know Wonder Woman written by Rucka is one of them. Not sure about the others. Maybe JSA.

Last edited:

Ahhh.

The first batch start in October and end in December. Batman, Titans, and Superman.

Then we get three more; Wonder Woman being the only one announced, I believe. I'd assume those would start in December or January, but I don't think DC's said anything official.

I know Wonder Woman written by Rucka is one of them. Not sure about the others. Maybe JSA.

Wonder Woman has potential. You've got Maxwell Lord or if you want to go more traditional Hyppolyta.

Is she still dead? I know they supposedly offed her in Our World at War but almost none of those deaths took.

With Rucka is most likely Lord tho. A little too predictable but Rucka will turn in a good product like always. I know he always wanted to finish the aftermath on that story but lost the title in the One Year Later jump.

Wonder Woman has potential. You've got Maxwell Lord or if you want to go more traditional Hyppolyta.

Is she still dead? I know they supposedly offed her in Our World at War but almost none of those deaths took.

Well, Hippolyta's alive, but I believe the whole island of Paradise Island is still dead. So, she has a whole nation of sisters who could potentially rise.

Friday said:
With Rucka is most likely Lord tho. A little too predictable but Rucka will turn in a good product like always. I know he always wanted to finish the aftermath on that story but lost the title in the One Year Later jump.

I'll buy anything Rucka writes. I'm guessing one of the other minis will be Flash, no guess on the other one.

I'll buy anything Rucka writes. I'm guessing one of the other minis will be Flash, no guess on the other one.

That would line up nicely actualy. You'd have Flash Rebirth end right in time for the Black Lanterns to go after the Flash Family. With recent resurections of Bart and Barry, plus with Barry as
Black Flash, not that I expect that to last. In fact I should re-read issue 3, that might already be over,
there'd be a lot of ground to explore there. We already know that the Black Lanterns are pissy with people who cheat death, and this is an entire group that seem to do it regularly.

That would line up nicely actualy. You'd have Flash Rebirth end right in time for the Black Lanterns to go after the Flash Family. With recent resurections of Bart and Barry, plus with Barry as
Black Flash, not that I expect that to last. In fact I should re-read issue 3, that might already be over,
there'd be a lot of ground to explore there. We already know that the Black Lanterns are pissy with people who cheat death, and this is an entire group that seem to do it regularly.

Heh. I wouldn't be surprised if Johns was killing off speedsters in Rebirth just to position them for Blackest Night. And then, there's always dead rogues. I know about Cap. Boomerang, but there's surely others floating around.

Hell,
Barry as Black Flash
might even be a plot element in Blackest Night. That might explain the delays.

Anyway..... Blackest Night: Justice League as the possible sixth title? I'd love to see a JLI reunion. The Sue and Ralph coming back as zombies thing honestly kind of sickened me. Boo, Johns!

Last edited:

It seems like Black Lanterns can sense the different emotions in people from observing Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

Do we know the significance of this? Or can anyone guess?

Or the significance of taking Batman's skull?

I didn't buy #1 but I read it and got the Black Lantern ring anyway.

Do we know the significance of this? Or can anyone guess?

Or the significance of taking Batman's skull?

I didn't buy #1 but I read it and got the Black Lantern ring anyway.

Well Black Hand said something along the lines of "and you were connected to all of them" all the dead super-heroes, with Batman being in every book ever like Wolverine it makes sense. I'm guessing his skull is acting like a divining rod (you know the sticks that the amish use to find water or whatever) for finding dead super-folk

Maybe The Black Lanterns are drawn to displays of intense emotions in an attempt to snuff it out, that's why Ralph and Sue Dibny only attacked Hawkman/girl after they emoted like that.

Thats right boys and girls I bought a DC comic, it's the 5th sign of the apocalypse, I got a ring to, and I've lost it twice,

Someone had a theory that the Black Lanterns are coming back to life as they wear the rings. That's why Hawkgirl's power level was .02% and Hawkman's was .01%. She had the Black Ring longer and was more "alive."

Could be an awesome way to bring back a bunch of great characters.

Someone had a theory that the Black Lanterns are coming back to life as they wear the rings. That's why Hawkgirl's power level was .02% and Hawkman's was .01%. She had the Black Ring longer and was more "alive."

Could be an awesome way to bring back a bunch of great characters.

They come back by means of butchering a lot of people?

Eh.... That's not something I terribly want to see, and I'm sorry but it doesn't make all that much sense. The agenda of the Black Lanterns seems to be to bring death to everyone, particularly those who cheated it.

They come back by means of butchering a lot of people?

Eh.... That's not something I terribly want to see, and I'm sorry but it doesn't make all that much sense. The agenda of the Black Lanterns seems to be to bring death to everyone, particularly those who cheated it.

The longer they have the ring, the more alive they become and the more of their personality comes through.

It makes sense. Hawgirl was dead longer, that's why her power is slightly higher than Hawkman's. Otherwise, why wouldn't they all start off at 100% when they got the new ring? It can't be measuring ring power.

Latest posts

Back