Brightest Day discussion (Spoilers!)

Friday

Brightest Day, a 26 issue biweekly series co-written by Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi with a rotating crew of artists.

prev-brtst-day_02.jpg

My two bits? I'm nervous, but those two have been crushing the GL books long enough that I think it'll work. I'll be buying it.

Last edited:
Re: After Blackest Night is...

Apparently the new Flash book is going to be part of the Brightest Day line up too. Makes sense, The Flash has been almost as big a part of the book as Green Lantern has.

In addition we're getting a new Titans book. Lead by Deathstroke with characters like The Tatooed man. Now I don't get this. By now we've seen that The Titans work as the old school sidekicks as a team book. Every other incarnation has just fallen apart. If you want to do a Deathstroke lead team book, which could be damn cool, do it as its own property, not as Titans.

Brightest Day, a 26 issue biweekly series co-written by Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi with a rotating crew of artists.

prev-brtst-day_02.jpg

My two bits? I'm nervous, but those two have been crushing the GL books long enough that I think it'll work. I'll be buying it.

If this is anywhere near as good as BN has been I am psyched. :rockon:

If this is anywhere near as good as BN has been I am psyched. :rockon:

See Blackest Night has been a little bit eh for me the last few issues. I think it'll read fantastically collected (properly, with the GL issues in with the main mini, possibly the GLC too if they swing around and tie in more tightly) but we're in that part of the story thats just setting up the end. Its dragging a bit.

I know we have no basis for this, but I'm kinda getting a 52 vibe from Brightest Day.

Sounds cool. Looking forward to it.

The nice thing about not knowing a ton about GL and reading Blackest Night is that I not only have no clue as to what is coming up next, I can't even hazard a guess.

I presume it will be about what happens to all of the other coloured Lanterns.

And whatever resurrected characters we have around reintegrating into the DCU. I can't see us getting out of BN without some kind of mass revival.

That's a lot of tie-ins.

The new Titans sounds like a poor man's Secret Six.

This book sounds similar to what they did with ****down (See what I did there?), except more tightly arranged; a bridgehead that weaves through other books, but with a tighter group of series tied into the event and a writer at the heart of continuity matters penning it. I'm hesitantly interested.

I go back and forth on how much I enjoy Blackest Night. I'm on the fence about this until we know more.

I'll be interesting to see how well DC's plans parallel Marvel, who seem to be going for a sort of "Rebirth" angle themselves.

Last edited:

This makes me nervous. I absolutely love the concept of other Lantern Corps based on other colors of the emotional spectrum. I want them to stay.

This makes me nervous. I absolutely love the concept of other Lantern Corps based on other colors of the emotional spectrum. I want them to stay.

Johns has an interview up over at CBR where he talks about(very generally) plans for the other corps after Blackest Night. I guess they already know who gets Hals Blue ring.

I hope its Kyle.

Huh...

I've never really understood the appeal of Aquaman.

He was pretty badass in Morrisons JLA. But otherwise he seems like a character that doesn't really work in a shared universe. Namor does it on sheer force of personality where as Aquaman is just... sorta there?

He was pretty badass in Morrisons JLA. But otherwise he seems like a character that doesn't really work in a shared universe. Namor does it on sheer force of personality where as Aquaman is just... sorta there?

Yeah. He was fun in JLA.

I guess if a clever, big idea writer took him and went the fantasy/sci-fi route with the vast unexplored kingdoms of the ocean as the setting, it might work?

Yeah. He was fun in JLA.

I guess if a clever, big idea writer took him and went the fantasy/sci-fi route with the vast unexplored kingdoms of the ocean as the setting, it might work?

Didn't Busiek just try that after Infinite Crisis with Sword of Atlantis?

Latest posts

Back