Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

It wasn't just dumb, it was mean and sad, and completely unecessary because I don't think Freeze appeared in a single Timmverse story after than one half hour episode except for the Batman: Vengeance videogame. Did they really have to have him stay a villain? Couldn't they have just done a different episode?

One of the things that I think stuff like the 90s Spider-Man cartoon had over B:TAS was genuine character growth, changes in relationships and stuff like that. B:TAS could never accept change. It's actually like the Achilles' Heel of the whole Timmverse. It took until Justice League to get proper growth going, and even then, in the last season when the Timmverse was singing its swan song, they still couldn't bear to have Clark reveal his secret to Lois, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl finally reconcile, Batman and Wonder Woman start dating, etc.

That's not true, Arnold Wesker stayed cured after double talk. Besides, Freeze was one Batman's top villains, there's no way he wouldn't be a villain in the new show. I also see him losing his body as Karma, sympathetic as he was, he's no saint.

For what it's worth he kinda redeemed himself before dying in Batman Beyond.

Also, i wished they hurry up and bring out Static shock on DVD.

Last edited:
That's not true, Arnold Wesker stayed cured after double talk.

I don't recall him making an appearance after Double Talk.

Besides, Freeze was one Batman's top villains, there's no way he wouldn't be a villain in the new show.

Such a top villain in fact they used him for the single episode I'm talking about and never mentioned him again, at least until Batman Beyond.

I also see him losing his body as Karma, sympathetic as he was, he's no saint.

Personally, I see the whole "trapped in a sub-zero suit forever" thing as karma enough. He was, deep down, essentially a good guy. That was the point of his character and "Deep Freeze" blew it.

I didn't like Static shock that much. In fact Static shock and Justice League Unlimited are both the only Timmverse series I don't like. While I did love Justice League once they added loads of people and and changed named to "Unlimited" i couldn't enjoy it as much and the stories seemed like they wern't trying as hard.

That said I'd love a live action film or series of Beyond

I don't recall him making an appearance after Double Talk.

Exactly my point. So clearly he stayed cured.

Such a top villain in fact they used him for the single episode I'm talking about and never mentioned him again, at least until Batman Beyond.
But clearly they intended too since he escaped at the end.

Personally, I see the whole "trapped in a sub-zero suit forever" thing as karma enough. He was, deep down, essentially a good guy. That was the point of his character and "Deep Freeze" blew it.

Don't think it is Karma enough. Though you could argue never being with his wife is.

Last edited:
I agree and disagree with you, Mole. Static was definetly the weakest link in the DCAU, but JLU was when the show reached it's high point.

Exactly my point. So clearly he stayed cured.

But clearly they intended too since he escaped at the end.

Don't think it is Karma enough. Though you could argue never being with his wife is.

Either way he still got what he deserved.

If I recall correctly, Nora got resurected in the DCU via Lazarus Pit. Then she got turned into a fire-themed villain obsessed with killing Freeze. Then they just forgot about it after Infinite Crisis.

Last edited:
I agree and disagree with you, Mole. Static was definetly the weakest link in the DCAU, but JLU was when the show reached it's high point.

That's cool dude. Personally Justice league worked better for me than Unlimited.

Ya'll are crazy. Static Shock was awesome.

It was great to have a show where the majority of the cast wasn't white.

I also loved it when they addressed issues cartoons don't normally do. Like that episode where a bullied kid brought a gun to school. There was also that episode where we learn that Richie's father was a racist.

Ya'll are crazy. Static Shock was awesome.

It was great to have a show where the majority of the cast wasn't white.

I also loved it when they addressed issues cartoons don't normally do. Like that episode where a bullied kid brought a gun to school. There was also that episode where we learn that Richie's father was a racist.

I do think that Static was a good show. Just the weakest the DCAU offered.

I don't count the Zeta Project.

My order, from best to worst, would be:

Batman
JL/JLU
Batman Beyond
Superman
Static Shock
The Zeta Project

Were there any others?

Was that really necessary?No need to be mean.

Anyway, there's also the fact that he got rid of Scareface for good by the end of it.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm sorry, but I still think the notion of a character never being used again being the exact same thing as character development is ridiculous. Ventriloquist's lack of recidivism doesn't matter to me if the end result is the same as him just going back to Arkham at the end of the episode.

Just watched the wonder woman Animated movie I got today. I don't know if this goes here (is this a prequel to her been in justice league like Wolverine was for x-men movies?) but the film was awesome. I loved the story the animation. Everything was great in that film.

Is green Lantern movie as good if so i'll have to watch it soon

Just watched the wonder woman Animated movie I got today. I don't know if this goes here (is this a prequel to her been in justice league like Wolverine was for x-men movies?) but the film was awesome. I loved the story the animation. Everything was great in that film.

Is green Lantern movie as good if so i'll have to watch it soon

I didn't really like the Green Lantern movie. I thought Wonder Woman was A LOT better.

I didn't really like the Green Lantern movie. I thought Wonder Woman was A LOT better.

Ah, Was the wonder woman a prequel/origin movie of the one from the animated series universe?

Latest posts

Back