Bryan Singer on Ultimate X-Men.

Why isn't he on the third movie anymore? Have the Marvel fans scared him away? If so, good! I think that someone else could do a better job with the X-Men franchise anyway... Go do your Superman movie, see if WE care! ;). Honestly, I am keeping my fingers crossed, too.

Also, where'd you read that he wasn't doing X-3?

If you go to comics2film.com, there's a page dedicated to each movie based off of comics. Nearly the entire Recent News page for X-3 is about Singer leaving. Hip hip, hurray!

He'll be leaving his duties for Ultimate X-Men

What duties? I promise you he won't be leaving any film project for a (comparatively) low-paying comic book gig.

He'll be leaving Ultimate X-Men, I mean... Man, that was a sucky post! I actually wrote the Ultimate Office asking about Singer... Hopefully they will reply so I can give you some kinda information.

In case anyone missed it, during WW: Chicago Quesada confirmed Singer is still doing Ult. X-Men, but there is no schedule/timeline for his run. Vaughan is on for the forseeable future.

Not that Quesada is a liar or anything like that, but I just can't see this happening. The whole point of his run would be to tie into the movie - now he's not doing the movie, so what is the point? Even moreso if like was said earlier the run was scheduled to start 01/05 and now it's not...

All I have to say is good... If his run is being pushed back until no one remembers he's on it then I say that's the best alternative to hearing that he's not on the title.

All I have to say is good... If his run is being pushed back until no one remembers he's on it

It sounds an awful lot like that's what's happening to me.

The bottom line is that Vaughan is on the book for the foreseeable future, and there is no date set for Singer to come on. And in fact, if it does happen, it is entirely possible that Vaughan returns when he's done.

As an aside, someone at the Bendis board said he heard that Vaughan was asked to set up the characters for Singer's run, which he denied. :D

Right... I'm under the impression that Singer doesn't know what exactly he wants to do with the characters or stories that are set before him. He oughta just write an arc and say good-bye to the title.

Vaughan seems like he is setting stuff up for Singer... I don't know if this is entirely true, but it does seem like it. There are some things in the fiftith issue that seemed a little too Singer for my tastes... IE the Bobby Rogue deal. We'll see, though... I guess this means that Singer doesn't have much for his run on Ultimate X-Men.

Vaughan seems like he is setting stuff up for Singer... I don't know if this is entirely true, but it does seem like it.

It's not true; he denied it.

Why would he anyway? He doesnt have to do that. Singer, or actually the real writers, can just pick up from where Vaughun left on and continue from there. Hopefully keeping the same flow that Vaughun has going on right now.

Vaughan could've set these two arcs up to transition the Ultimate X-Men story into what Singer had intended to do... He was writing scripts at the same time Vaughan did. Remember, Singer is meant to stick around for at least a year.

And I cant wait 'til his year is up to get back into Vaughuns arcs. That is if Marvel puts him back on, which there is a very good chance that they will.

Vaughan could've set these two arcs up to transition the Ultimate X-Men story into what Singer had intended to do

But he's not.

And im glad. I think that Vaughun is the best writer that Ultimate X-Men has ever had. Not saying that "Singer's" arcs are gonna be horrible, just wish they at least mention something of the arcs that hes presenting.

Correct, UltimateE, however, now that we know better... Last time we checked in with Singer had already written a script... Vaughan, at that point, WAS writing for Singer's run.

Latest posts

Back