Bryan Singer on Ultimate X-Men.

Yeah, it'll be that way for a while, I think... I don't really care about Singer anymore because he's not going to be given much of impact on this book anymore. It's like weight off of my shoulders.

Vaughan, at that point, WAS writing for Singer's run.

Vaughan said he was not told to write for Singer's run when he started. Just because he might have been filling in for the time being until Singer came on (which I don't think was the case, just paintng a picture here), it doesn't mean that he was setting up for Singer.

Just because he might have been filling in for the time being until Singer came on (which I don't think was the case, just paintng a picture here), it doesn't mean that he was setting up for Singer.

My thoughts exactly.

Calling creator's names isn't going to fix anything and isn't called for. Please don't do it again. Thanks.

Some people might think that he can still direct X3, since right now theres no script, director, or anything.

But I dont think Marvel's gonna wait. If they still want to start filming next May, they better get what they need quickly.

They are already in talks with other people about X-3. Regardless of whether or not Singer is on the movie, it will be ready and releases by 2006, or so Marvel says. We'll see, though, after the blatant rivalry between Marvel and DC, I would be shocked if Singer even got an issue out of Ultimate X-Men. Marvel can't support someone who is working for the enemy, can they?

I would be shocked if Singer even got an issue out of Ultimate X-Men

That's what I think too. Quesada was just covering his bases at WW:C by saying Singer was still coming on. Pure gut tells me we've got Vaughan for a while still. :)

I would think that Quesada will just let him go because he's on thin ice with DC already... He wouldn't want to put him on a year's worth of Ultimate X-Men when his first priority should be with Superman, DC, and Warner Bros.

Also, if Vaughan stays on, it will be nice to see that a writer can stay on long term and develope these characters so that not all of the stories are fillers and stuff... That's what cheapens the title right there.

I would think that Quesada will just let him go because he's on thin ice with DC already

Hmmm...good point...

Could I ask a quick off topic question? Whatever started the beef between Marvel and DC anyway? And why is Quesada leaning towards DC-esque stories now? Kind of odd, don't you think...

And why is Quesada leaning towards DC-esque stories now?

That might be more Dan Buckley (the publisher) then Quesada. A lot of this kind of stuff is fairly new since Jemas left and Buckley came on...

Superherohype.com is reporting that X3 will go ahead without Singer, but he is still set to start a year-long run on UXM starting mid 2005. Damn...

Sigh, looks like I will be dropping Ult.X-men again.
I hope this isn't true, 12 issues ?:??(gag)

Interesting.

Does anyone else plan on either dropping the book when Singer comes on or otherwise not buying his issues?

I know its premature but I don't know if I want to spend 4-8 dollars a month on another Wolverine centric run. I liked the movies as they are but anything similar to them in these comics will suck. And I don't feel like Singer knows any of the X-men or cares to understand them with the exception of Wolverine.

Im not dropping the book. I dont care who's the writer. As long as the story is intresting, don't care who writes it.

Same here. I'd never drop it, although I might not care for the story too much.

Latest posts

Back