Avengers Captain America: Reborn (Brubaker/Hitch) MAJOR SPOILERS

I don't like the belt on the old Cap costume. It's unnecessary - it reminds me of the blue and yellow 90s X-Men costumes with the unnecessary shoulder pads and sashes.

I don't like the belt on the old Cap costume. It's unnecessary - it reminds me of the blue and yellow 90s X-Men costumes with the unnecessary shoulder pads and sashes.

Yeah but that's where they put their...

Um I'll think of it...

I got nothing. Those were rediculous.

But the thing is, he has packs that hang off belts, but there is no belt, it makes no sense.

This sentence is what makes no sense.

I know, maybe a picture will help

capbelt.jpg

Sigh. You know what I'd like? I'd like for something to stick. For some big change to happen to a character that isn't retconned or otherwise invalidated. You wanna kill Cap? Kill him for good, don't ***** out and bring him back after only two years. It's one of the things I really hate about the "big" companies, and it's why I've been barely keeping up with Marvel comics for the past couple of years (the only comic I currently read is Thor, which is good despite being another story where they brought a dead character back to life, though in this case it was never a secret Thor would be returning). There's something really special about
killing Boy Blue in Fables, or annihilating half the core cast in The Walking Dead
, because nine times out of ten in these comics, it sticks. But in Marvel? They're not above retconning twenty years of marriage for Peter Parker because Joe Quesada thinks it makes him look to "old."

Why bother killing a character if you're just going to bring them back? What impact can it possibly have? The entire comics community let out a collective groan when Cap died, because everyone knew he was coming back. No one thought it would be permanent. I don't even know if Marvel made it a secret he would eventually be coming back. But why bother doing it at all if no one even cares? If everyone knows that your hack company couldn't make a legitimate change in its universe if their lives depended on it? There is no reason, beyond the marketing moolah that "the death of Captain America!" and "the resurrection of Captain American!" will get you.

Gah! I'm just venting at this point. And I don't read any of these comics, so I don't even know what I'm talking about (which reminds me, if I've got this whole thing wrong, someone please tell me). It's just the principle of the thing, you know?

Last edited:
The Bucky Cap uniform is, like, 5 billion times better than the old one. :(

I disagree.

You're high.

While I don't think it's the best costume ever, it's better than the old Cap costume.

It's grown on me. I mostly like them both evenly, but one thing I think is cool is how Bucky-Cap's is so similar to Captain Britain's new suit. I don't know if it's on purpose or whatever but I think it's a cool bit of Captain symmetry.

Marvel said Captain America is coming back, Steve Rogers one.

Then some stupid fan asked, "Did you plan for him to coming back in the middle of Dark Reign? Or did you make it up?"

I hate fans.

Latest posts

Back