Captain America Vol. 5 by Ed Brubaker discussion (SPOILERS!)

Re: Captain America series discussion (SPOILERS!)

If that were so, than shouldn't it have been entitle "Steve" before?
I'm gonna go by the logic that whatever you were called when you were killing nazis is what your book should be called.

no then the Bucky book would be called "James"

C-c-c-c-c-c-Combo Breaker!
Yeah, but no one called him James. They called him Bucky. Therefore my logic is if it's good enough to strike fear into the hearts of Nazis, it's good enough to strike fear into the hearts of hoards of Hydra henchmen, legions of Hand ninjas, swarms of AIM goons, and the occasional super villain.

Last edited:

Cover to issue #39, Potential Spoilers!

2707new_storyimage4126783_full.jpg

Skrull? Clone? LMD? Time-displaced cap with mindwiped under Skulls control? The Cap from Avengers/Invaders?

i swear, if they EVER bring him back i will be quite upset.

Skrull? Clone? LMD? Time-displaced cap with mindwiped under Skulls control? The Cap from Avengers/Invaders?

I would be fine with any of those.

It would be cool if there was a Skrull Cap who was in place without the Skrulls knowing of his death, like they had him in place and didn't get him out before people noticed.

It finally feels like everything Brubaker has been building to is happening.

Red Skull is attacking America, not through some giant robot, but my crippling the economy and turning the people against the government.

I was unsure about Bucky becoming Cap, but so far I love what I see.

Last edited:

Red Skull is attack America not through some giant robot, but my crippling the economy and turning the people against the government.

Yeah...it reads as very intelligent and not "comic-book-y", and God knows we could use more of that right now. And kind of the funny thing about that is that it's not like he hasn't used giant robots in the story. :D

Oh, I REALLY hope that the ending to Captain America 36 is a red herring. :?

Its in the Skull's lair right? There is easy explanation then, Zola is growing a Steve rogers clone for the Skull to tranfer his mind into, now that Lukin has served his purpose.

He has done that before, when the Skull seemed to have died in Captain America 300, Zola tranferred his mind into a Cap clone.

Its in the Skull's lair right? There is easy explanation then, Zola is growing a Steve rogers clone for the Skull to tranfer his mind into, now that Lukin has served his purpose.

He has done that before, when the Skull seemed to have died in Captain America 300, Zola tranferred his mind into a Cap clone.
Yeah and it was stupid then too.

But I really hope that THIS is not how Cap gets back. I mean Marvel have already a bad history about clones and they have been popping up EVERY where. It has gotten old really fast.

Last edited:

Meh, the only other option was the Skull stays dead and then we wouldn't have the current storyline.

But I really hope that THIS is not how Cap gets back. I mean Marvel have already a bad history about clones and they have been popping up EVERY where. It has gotten old really fast.

Again, if the clone has its brain removed, then it really isn't Cap then is it?

I'm not saying this is a good idea perssay, but it does fit in with past stories and the Skull's behaviour.

Meh, the only other option was the Skull stays dead and then we wouldn't have the current storyline.
In the Marvel Universe!? PLEASE! Nobody stays dead there for long.
Again, if the clone has its brain removed, then it really isn't Cap then is it?

I'm not saying this is a good idea perssay, but it does fit in with past stories and the Skull's behaviour.
So what about a Cap clone WITHOUT his brain removed then? Skull seems a bit to occupied at the moment to make a body-shift a high priority, and a lot can happen before he can take his time to do it... especially since Sharon has discovered the body.

In the Marvel Universe!? PLEASE! Nobody stays dead there for long..

Well how else was he supposed to come back from the dead, his body collasped into a pile of dust.

So what about a Cap clone WITHOUT his brain removed then? Skull seems a bit to occupied at the moment to make a body-shift a high priority, and a lot can happen before he can take his time to do it... especially since Sharon has discovered the body.

The previews for future isssues have stated Skull is tired of sharing a body with Lukin and plans on transferring his mind into another body and killing off Lukin.

Well how else was he supposed to come back from the dead, his body collasped into a pile of dust.
...your point being? This is Marvel. You know "It's magic. We don't have to explain it."-Marvel.
The previews for future isssues have stated Skull is tired of sharing a body with Lukin and plans on transferring his mind into another body and killing off Lukin.
Keyword is "planning".

Bru does an awesome job of making ideas that seem stupid very NOT stupid.

I like the hint at some continuation of romance between Bucky and Widow. In the grand scheme of things, Bucky is a pretty one-dimensional character, and I think he could use something like that.

Can't wait to see what happens with Sharon. She's one of my favorite characters in this book, and we've barely heard from her lately. I wonder if she really is able to just snap out of it like that and get out from control of the Skull like Bucky did.

I love this book.

I hope to get the HC with Bru's collection that was collected before sometime soon, if not around summer time. This all sounds very intriguing.

I hope to get the HC with Bru's collection that was collected before sometime soon, if not around summer time. This all sounds very intriguing.

You might want to move on that if you can - I'd hate to see you miss out on it like I missed the Uncanny Omnibus.

You might want to move on that if you can - I'd hate to see you miss out on it like I missed the Uncanny Omnibus.
Maybe I'll be lucky to find it at the New York Con, but I'll see what I can do.

Latest posts

Back