Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
Ooh, a big fight scene among all players in the final issue. How original.

Maybe...

But seriously we're not just talking about Good Vs. Good here. I was tensed looking over that final splash page and seeking those villains in there. It's like a ticking time bomb. Nothing is going to go right with this fight. If it does, then you can call it boring but right now anything can happen and I really hope they pull it off and kill off another character. I loved the issue and I love Civil War, from the mini itself to all the tie ins. Marvel's done good with this event.

Project,

You forgot the part about Sue/Namor.

Sue goes to ask Namor for assistance but he says he doesn't care and is insulted his one time friend tries to coax him by sending Sue, therefore exploiting their chemistry. Sue denies any chemistry and Namor says he knows she's lying.

and the part with Tony meeting Miriam Sharpe again at the monument for kids. And let me tell you... I'm not diggin' it at all. There's something shady about Sharpe. I'm getting the same vibe's I got with Loki's appearances pre-revealation in the Ultimates. I need a Manifesto...

Ultimates 2 #13?

Exactly my point. Ultimates #13, Secret War, House of M, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War...the list goes on and on.

Like I've said before, this isn't a bad series at all. Just rather brainless and not unique enough to warrant the attention it's getting.

#6 was probably the weakest issue yet. Hulkling as Hank Pym was interesting, as was the fight between Cap and Punisher. And McNivens art looked...off. Not bad, and I don't know enought about him to say it looked rushed, but it wasn't as good as previous issues.

And McNivens art looked...off. Not bad, and I don't know enought about him to say it looked rushed, but it wasn't as good as previous issues.
Actually, I have to agree. From the preview alone it looked...a little bit different than what he usually does.

Ultimates 2 #13?

No, that was last issue. 13 looks like just Thor whoopin' ***.

. . .come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Thor returned in Civil War 7. Millar loves his Thor.

Last edited:
No, that was last issue. 13 looks like just Thor whoopin' ***.

. . .come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Thor returned in Civil War 7. Millar loves his Thor.

Who doesnt love that norse god?

I really haven't been too impressed with Civil War. I've read buddies' copies of the main books and a lot of the tie-ins, but it really hasn't been that impressive. It honestly comes down to a pretty simple fight between two sides that aren't all that well articulated, with little to no interesting twists mixed in.

The best I can hope for (and this would still be a great chain of events) is for Civil War to turn out to be a moderately enjoyable miniseries that sets up a killer new status quo for all the MU books. I'm not impressed by Civil War, but if the post-CW universe is half as good as the One Year Later/52 stuff that sprung from Infinite Crisis, it will be well worth it.

Alright....one issue to go.

I'm calling it, Anti-Reg victory, Captain America usurps the Presidency and hands SHIELD over to Tony.

Massive C-List and D-List deaths.

and the part with Tony meeting Miriam Sharpe again at the monument for kids. And let me tell you... I'm not diggin' it at all. There's something shady about Sharpe. I'm getting the same vibe's I got with Loki's appearances pre-revealation in the Ultimates. I need a Manifesto...

More like a Mani-phisto...

I need a Manifesto...

More like a Mani-phisto...

Or maybe... a MAN-E-FACES???

ManEFacesRDComplete1a.jpg

:lol:

Latest posts

Back