Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters

Sorry, with the random outburst in the Criminal thread without an explanation, and saying something completely different about the link that the guy who hates Civil War said about it, I thought you'd lost your marbles.

I read it, and it was pretty good, not monumental, but good. I liked the history, they really did their homework with all the continuity for this book.

3.5/5

The art wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
Civil War; War Crimes #1
Written by Frank Tieri
Art by Staz Johnson

• A flashback reveals that as a kid, Kingpin never got to play with his peers because they made fun of him and ridiculed his appearance. In present day, Kingpin is on Riker's Island and hires the Enforcers to beat up on an inmate who showered in his personal shower stall.

• It turns out that Kingpin has a man named Mr. Barrett who takes care of his hands-on work like talking to inmates and guards. Hammerhead, a metahuman mobster with a flat adamantium skull, approaches Kingpin to tell him he's made parole and will be taking over the crime on the streets of New York while Kingpin rots in jail.

• Just then, Tony Stark appears in the prison to talk with Kingpin. Apparently, he and Kingpin belonged to the same social circles as millionaires and used to play chess together.

• Kingpin tells Tony he'd like to assist the government in finiding Captain America like Lucky Luciano, a famous mobster from New York's past, did for the government during World War II. Luciano stopped German U-Boats from hitting port in secret during the war. Tony agrees to allow Kingpin help based on the quality of his information.

• Outside the prison, Hammerhead talks with Trapster and Slyde to recruit them to his side. When Slyde declines, Hammerhead has a mobster named Underworld shoot him the head. As word of Kingpins loss of control reaches prison, attempts are made on Kingpins life, to no avail. His assailants are not capable of taking him down.

• During a later meeting with Tony Stark in prison, Kingpin provides the secret aliases of Cap and his followers. Meanwhile, Barrett meets with his wife, who visits him in prison. He gets info from her about Hammerhead recruiting criminals and he hands her a secret note to give to an unidentified person.

• Later, Tony comes to Kingpin to notify him that the government has captured Cloak and Dagger. Kingpin then tells Tony he can hand the government the exact whereabouts of Captain America and the anti-registration forces but only if he can get out of prison. Maria Hill approves the request and Kingpin provides an address.

• Iron Man and his people descend on the building in the address and discover that it is actually a meeting Hammerhead is having with a wide array of criminals who hope to take advantage of the heroes' civil war.

• When Tony goes back to the Rikers to yell at Kingpin, Mr. Barrett tells Tony that Kingpin doesn't want to see him. A quick change of scene later shows that Captain America was actually working with Kingpin in some capacity to bring down the cadre of criminals and traded secrets with Kingpin to confuse Tony. The note that Barrett's wife took out was to Captain America.

• Later, in a prison hospital bed, Hammerhead is visited by Underworld, who then shoots hammerhead in the face. Turns out Underworld worked for Kingpin and actually hated Hammerhead for a past double-cross. Back in prison, Kingpin gets back his reputation as a master criminal because of the fast one he pulled on Tony and the government.

Why I loved this issue? The Lucky Luciano talk, the focus on Wilson Fisk, the fact that he remains one of the most powerful villains in the MU, More Turk!!

• It turns out that Kingpin has a man named Mr. Barrett who takes care of his hands-on work like talking to inmates and guards. Hammerhead, a metahuman mobster with a flat adamantium skull, approaches Kingpin to tell him he's made parole and will be taking over the crime on the streets of New York while Kingpin rots in jail.

That would be Hammerhead.

What would be Hammerhead? Do you mean Mr. Bannett? Because that's actually Turk. If you mean "That's just like Hammerhead to take over Kingpin's territories." Then you'd be correct.

I mean the guy with the adamantium skull would be Hammerhead...the post said ''someguy''

Me. I thought it was kind've cool. I don't need to do a summary because Everything can be found here (Spoilers)

Never realized how dumb Tony looks under the armor.

I was about to say that.

Last edited:
Just read frontline #9

to summarize , the reporter girl doesn't like the ideas of Cap, and leaves the room (where everybodyelse wanted to be).

Urich and Spidey are doing a little research on Stark's capital. They find out that Stark was getting prepared for the Civil War even before the act.

A riot starts in the prison, and Speedball finally makes a nice move, and looks like he wants to be a part of the a-list heroes, maybe b-list dunno.

Tony tells Reed he knows the betrayer among them, Namor and Atlantis are moving towards America to attack.

The interrogation of Norman Osborn keeps on, and looks like there is a big consipiracy going on.

...3/5

Looks like all our heroes are starting to come to their senses finally.And the events are finally getting to an interesting point.Looking forward to see what Civil War will bring to our lives (more than what it already did).

Urich and Spidey are doing a little research on Stark's capital. They find out that Stark was getting prepared for the Civil War even before the act.

Anyone else want to see a big Doom vrs Iron man mini after this. I mean they're both ruthless bastards in armor.:twisted:

Anyone else want to see a big Doom vrs Iron man mini after this. I mean they're both ruthless bastards in armor.:twisted:

the only difference between them is , everything about Dr.Doom is cool
(cool is not enough as a word)

and only thing cool with Iron Man is that the recent armor looks extremely cool.

and yea that mini would be pretty hot :)

the only difference between them is , everything about Dr.Doom is cool
(cool is not enough as a word)

and only thing cool with Iron Man is that the recent armor looks extremely cool.

and yea that mini would be pretty hot :)

Doom ongoing in 2007!

I'd buy it. ****, I'd buy two.

EDIT: How ****ing amazing would it be if thats the next Hitlar project?

....**** yes man.... Civil War would be worth it...

Last edited:
i thought the civil war books for this week were very good, they reminded me why i liked civil war in the first place

Duh, this week was what the whole civil war should be!

Everyone is using all they can use to achieve whatever they are trying to achieve, Both Iron Man and Cap working with W.F. (the chess game between Tony and Kingpin + the letter Cap gets form W.F.).

Finally Atlantis getting involved in the war (and Wakanda did that a few days ago in Black Panther ongoing).

Spider-Man starting to think on his own (finally, it has been some time), not working with both sides.Haven't seen him anywhere around Cap since Civil War #5.

And my favorite second superhero slowly turning into my second favorite super villain(that's Iron Man as you can probably guess).

this weeks books have made me suspect two things

- henry pym is the traitor in front line (dunno why just a hunch)
- speedball is penance (he was in pain when he let off both of those charges)

War Crimes and Causalities of War were both excellent. I especially liked Casualities. Cap and Tony's talking was excellently written.

Latest posts

Back