Comic Dreamcasting Round 26: The Legion of Doom- Round ends 2/1

bluebeast

THE RULES------------------------
1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After 10 days, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

After years of getting run over by the so-called "super heroes" of Earth, criminal mastermind Lex Luthor bands together a team of the greatest super villains of all time. They have banded together from remote galaxies and have become the

LEGION OF DOOM

You must cast:

Lex Luthor
Luthor_bright.png

The Joker
Jokerkillingjoke.png

Cheetah
Cheetahoyl.PNG

Brainiac
SupermanCv219.jpg

Gorilla Grodd
Groddbolland.PNG

Giganta
374884620_aff9241751.jpg

Toyman
Toymansm.gif

Bizarro
bizarro.jpg

Black Manta
250px-Blackmanta.PNG

I thought since all of the things we've done in the past have been for movies I think it would be best to make this a miniseries on HBO, Showtime, what have you. With the recent string of shows portraying the villains as the main characters, I feel the best outlet for this is with the use of DC comic's greatest team of super villains. You must cast these characters, in order to prevent people from just casting whatever DC supervillain they want. If you do feel, however, that the other Legion members such as Solomon Grundy, Captain Cold, Riddler, or Scarecrow belong in then replace a character. No more than 9. I'm mostly excited over the plots that people will come up with for a series like this. Get to work people. You have until February 1.

LEGION OF DOOM

Synopsis :

Down on his luck , Lex Luthor decides he has had it. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. He decides it would be in his best interest to create a team of supervillains. As well as this he must juggle both his life in front of the camera and his secret criminal mastermind life style choice.

Each episode the Villains defeat another hero but how long until a hero beats them? It's not easy living a life where any minute a hero could send you to prison and ruin your life.

Premiss
: Sopranos meets Heroes

Cast:

Lex LuthorTimothy Olyphant – I think Timothy Olyphant could play the intelligence side of the character as well as his dark and twisted side which is needed. I also think he could be the lead in the show and given chance this would be pretty cool.

The JokerJames Marsters . This may not be everyone's choice and I have been avoiding casting buffy people for awhile I just think this works. He can play humourous but he can also play just crazy and insane. As well as serious. This role just fits him nicely

CheetahJulianne Nicholson – She was Dr first right? So there needs to be some intelligence there. It is also important that she be hot , Also to be there is something Cat like about her so this is the choice for my Cheetah , might be a bad one I don't know the character.

BrainiacBrendan Fehr – It was hard finding the right fit for Brainiac , I needed Intelligence but a lack of emotions too to make him more robotic like. Brendan Fehr can do that and do it well. Though he might not spring to mind straight away if you think about he could work out well

SinestroJulian McMahon – I chose Sinestro instead as I didn't like the idea of a giant monkey as a character as I thought there is no way to do it right on a tv mini series. So I picked Sinestro. I admit Julian McMahon is a little too young and I use him a lot BUT I honestly think for the part of Sinestro no one could do it better realistically for tv.

Giganta – Gillian Anderson – As well as looking the part I think there something about her that could just work really , really well in this situation. I looked at a few actresses and stoped at her and I really can't explain why.

Toyman – Bob Rebadow , I think Bob Rebadow has the right look plus he could make the toyman somebody who twisted for different reasons and really concentrate on making a odd little toy maker type character

Bizarro – Mark Lutz – I need a big guy to play Bizarro who could handle the comic relief side and the bad *** side. BUT I also wanted someone who also play superman if they used him in the series so that was important to me and in the end I could only stop on Mark Lutz

Black Manta – Cedric Daniels
I wanted someone who could make this character more tough than he has been in the past and more serious , Cedric Daniels to me can play the character as I want

Last edited:
Nice one. It'll be nice to cast a project with nothing but villains. Should make for some very interesting chemistry.

I've already got about 80% of the cast done.

Anyone got any input at all about my cast?

Legion of Doom

Synopsis: Lex Luthor becomes more and more disgusted with the role that Superheroes (or just beings with super powers) have taken in civilization. Humans no longer look to themselves to solve their porblems, and now rely on heroes to do it for them. This has caused humanity to become lazy and stall in its progression. Determined that something must be done Luthor gathers together a team of villains to take down these heroes, and in his eyes, save humanity. One of the ironic things is that this team would also have super powered beings on it. Luthor wants to get rid of them as well, but must use them to finish off the heroes first, a fact which he never tells his comrades. This would portray Luthor in a some what sympathetic light, and show that he isn't evil in his own eyes.

Lex Luthor: Colm Feore
colm-feore.jpg

He is a great actor, that I think looks like Luthor a lot. I see Luthor as more of a really corupt businessman out to destroy Superman by any means necessary. Colm Feore is idea for this.

The Joker: Ralph Fiennes
RalphFienn_Mazur_8991348_400.jpg

The Joker really is more about the eyes then the smile even, and Fiennes has some of the best "crazy eyes" in Hollywood. His past work shows that he can do villains, so I think he would be great as Joker.

Cheetah: Kristanna Loken
96_kristanna_loke.jpg

This is one of the characters I had the hardest time with. Kristanna has the physicality and look to pull off not only a seductive and scary Cheetah.

Brainiac: Jeremy Irons
jeremy_irons.gif

While I would prefer a robotic Brainiac in most instances, I think a humanoid version would work best for something such as Legion of Doom. Jeremy Irons not only has a look that I think is appropriate for the character, but a voice that would work as well. It has a smart, arrogant quality to it that is needed for Brainiac.

Gorilla Grodd: Michael Dorn (voice)
mdorn-797745.jpg

This actor has done some pretty memorable voice work such as Kalibak in the Justice League cartoon and as Worf in Star Trek. His voice has a deep, animal like quality, yet it also is intellictual. This is the essence of the character Gorilla Grodd.

Giganta: Kate Walsh
52_kate_walsh_3056.jpg

I just think she looks a lot like Giganta. She can pull off the feminine and masculine sides of this character. She's also pretty hot.

Toyman: David Hyde Pierce
11-alz3-450.jpg

David Hyde Pierce would be able to pull of the creppy qualities of this character.

Sinestro: Mads Mikkelsen
2042178242.jpg

I picture Sinestro as almost a Hitler like character, and thur decided to convey that somewhat in my casting. I think that Mads looks a bit like Hitler, and what I would expect Sinestro to look like.

Black Manta: Isaiah Washington
isaiah_washington_show.jpg

While he may not be an obvious choice, I think that Washington can pull of what is needed for Black Manta. Plus if you look at the Alex Ross version of Black Manta without his helment on, he looks a lot like Washington.

Last edited:
Crap well my mom says I have to get offline (lol) sooooo here's what I've got so far....

THE LEGION OF DOOM

Lex Luthor - Adrian Pasdar
adrianpasar.jpg

The Joker -

Brainiac -

Cheetah - Michelle Ryan
She plays the new Bionic Woman. She's very attractive.
michelleryan7.jpg

Gorilla Grodd - Kevin Michael Richardson (voice)
The voice of Tartarus from Halo 2, as well as several other badass mother****ers from television, cinema, and video games.
tartarus_brutes_1600.jpg

Giganta - Julianna Margulies
I saw her on Hitler: The Rise of Evil. She was also on ER. She has masculine properties that make her ideal for this kind of role.
JMargulies.jpg

Toyman - Brad Dourif
The Toy Man is kind of small and weird looking, with beady eyes and glasses.
bradeffect.jpg

Bizarro -

Black Manta - Idris Elba
A British actor and hip-hop artist of Sierra Leonean and Ghanaian descent, Elba can be seen in 28 Weeks Later and American Gangster.
idriselba.jpg

Last edited:
Langsta you really need to stop posting two or three people for a cast so no one will "steal" them. It gets kind of annoying to see two people to a cast.

Lex Luthor - John C. McGinley
drcoxiq8.jpg

(Seriously, check him out in something other than Scrubs. He's a criminally underrated actor.)

The Joker - Tim Roth
timrothjw1.jpg

Cheetah - Lena Headey
lenagb0.jpg

Brainiac - William Fichtner
williamth7.jpg

Gorilla Grodd - Laurence Fishburne
fishburncopymk8.jpg

Giganta - Tricia Helfer
helferxx8.jpg

Toyman - Michael Emerson
68672737vo5.png

Sinestro - Jason Isaacs
isaacsht3.jpg

Black Manta - Kevin Grevioux
kevinzj2.png

Last edited:
Sinestro - Jason Isaacs
isaacsht3.jpg

nice pick...i almost chose him for my Sinestro, but didn't. I think I even had him for my Sinestro from a few rounds ago in the Green Lantern round.

any thoughts on my cast?

SSJmole, I think your cast is good, but I really haven't seen a lot of them act that much. I like your Joker and Giganta especially.

Gillian Anderson would've been great as Giganta... ten years ago.

Anderson's aged well, but not THAT well.

Did anyone notice her in The Last King of Scotland?

Well, yeah, I'd hit it.

SSJmole, I think your cast is good, but I really haven't seen a lot of them act that much. I like your Joker and Giganta especially.

Ah cool Thanks.

Gillian Anderson would've been great as Giganta... ten years ago.

Anderson's aged well, but not THAT well.

Did anyone notice her in The Last King of Scotland?

Well, yeah, I'd hit it.

True , I just wanted someone a little more mature as Giganta as she seemed like such a two Dimensional charracter to me at least when I read any with her in. I figured a good change to flesh it out would have her as one of the mature cast members , Might be describing that wrong

LEGION OF DOOM
(Thursdays, 10pm EST... only on CW)

08-dc-lod-00-lex.jpg
08-dc-lod-01-sinestro.jpg
08-dc-lod-02-cheetah.jpg
08-dc-lod-03-riddler.jpg

• Harry Hamlin, who played the charismatic father and physically abusive psychopath from Veronica Mars, is the genius power-hungry hoodlum Lex Luthor (with hair). Luthor is a restless CEO who is looking for thrills and pleasures that the boardroom no longer provide.

• James Remar, the ruggedly handsome yet intense character actor who plays villainous survivalists on Battlestar Galactica and Jericho, is the rogue Lantern known as Sinestro. Sinestro is an intergalactic policeman who grew tired of coddling the weak with his role as peacekeeper.

• Rachel Griffiths, the overworked executive and suffocated housewife from Brothers & Sisters, is the insanely hedonistic Cheetah. Cheetah was a bored archaelogist with no life to speak of, until she found euphoric release in heightened senses, and a taste for the baser pleasures of life.

• Michael C. Hall, the emotionally distant serial killer from Dexter, is the neurotic Riddler. The Riddler was a brilliant chess expert wrongly accused of cheating at a championship, and now commits crimes to prove his intelligence while simultaneously 'telling the truth'.

08-dc-lod-04-blackmanta.jpg
08-dc-lod-05-toyman.jpg
08-dc-lod-06-shade.jpg
08-dc-lod-07-giganta.jpg

• Ron Glass, the mysterious preacher with a barely concealed bad-*** past from Firefly, is the obssessive Black Manta. The Ahab of the team, Black Manta was once a marine conservationist and researcher, who lost his friends to a typhoon. Convinced the sea is ungrateful to those who would care for it, he has become a maniacal eco-terrorist.

• Dylan Baker, the sympathetic pedophile from the 1998 film Happiness, is the deeply disturbed Toyman. The Toyman is an eccentric millionaire toy designer who no longer relates to adults and connects only with children instead, who he kidnaps and collects like toys.

• Anthony Stewart Head, the rebellious young occultist who eventually becomes the mentor of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, plays the mysterious aristocratic trickster known as The Shade. The Shade is a prankster who causes mischief purely for sport, for 'the joust'.

• Katee Sackhoff, the wildly cocky ace pilot from Battlestar Galactica, plays the towering Giganta. Giganta is a smolderingly charming vixen who just wants to have fun and will join any party to have it... but what is up with her and bananas?

And featuring the voice of...

08-dc-lod-08-grodd.jpg

• Peter Cullen, the gravelly-throated veteran of voiceover work best known as the fatherly Optimus Prime from Transformers as Grodd. Grodd is a gorilla with the cunning intellect of a military general, and the refined sensibilities of an upper-class gentlemen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back