Daredevil reboot

You know who I always picture when I read DD?

Eric Stoltz. With the right haircut and training I think he would be spot on.

Last edited:
Statham would suck *** in the role. He's perfect as the badass in pure, nonsensical, high-octane action movies, but the guy has no acting ability whatsoever. Colin Farrell would be a bad choice as well, I don't understand why you guys think he fits the character....and Ben Affleck is a somewhat mediocre actor....so I would say, cast someone with a little more credibility.

I'd say, don't even include Elektra or Bullseye until the second movie; let this movie set up Daredevil's origin, and have him encounter some lesser-known foes.

The problem is would like this movie to be reboot, not a remake, I think there are far more interesting stories to be told then just rehashing his origin story.

Matt Murdock - Uh, let's see....Don't make his costume so crappy. I hated the Affleck costume, the shade of red they used. Casting....well, I dunno, I think Sam Rockwell would be interesting. As for his origin....this is just part of what I've never liked about the character. Why does he need radiation crap getting sprayed in his eyes to have his superhuman senses? Real blind people have been known to have extremely acute hearing, touch, and smell. Plus, it would just make Daredevil that much more badass if he actually did all of this without being exposed to some radioactive waste. Blind people already develop extrahuman senses without the help of radiation. And wasn't Stick blind? Was he exposed to radioactive waste to make him a badass martial arts master? I know it would be a major change from the comics, but even Spider-Man has seen changes with things like webbing whem being adapted for the screen. I think blind people would be grateful if there was a blind superhero who fought crime without actually having acquired his superpowers from external means.:)

I think its been hinted at in the comics that the radiative waste just took away his sight and that Stick's training is what gave him his powers, so your idea does have some basis in the comics.

The Owl - A banker/assassin or whoever working for the Kingpin. He is hired to unmask/kill Daredevil, who is interfering with the Kingpin's work. And you could make him work easily, just don't make his features so exaggerated. I think Bendis/Maleev did a good version of the Owl though.

I have to disagree here, considering Owl has been a crime boss in his own right since the beginning, I don't think he should be Kingpin's minion. He should be a rival crime boss with his own enforcer (someone like Gladiator or Bushwacker) whop is trying to take over NYC after dD defeated Kingpin. The difference between Owl and Kingpin is Fisk was cool and in command, Owl is psychotic. Owl should be like Tommy from Good Fellas, an intelligent gangster sure, but unable to control his rage and willing to kill over the slightest infraction. That puts DD inn a bad position, when he defeated Kingpin, he thought it would have made the city better instead its made it worse, because there are tons of people trying to fill the power vaccum Kingpin's downfall has created.

The Kingpin - Don't make him the guy who killed Matt Murdock's dad. That's so Tim Burton Batman-ish. I'd also like Kingpin to just have a looming presence in this movie, who starts to come out in the open more and more as Daredevil starts to disrupt his business. In the next movie, he'd hire Elektra and Bullseye. I wouldn't have Kingpin played by Michael Clarke Duncan, cause even if this is a requel, he should be played by a new actor (example: Sam Elliott was the perfect Thunderbolt Ross in Ang Lee's Hulk, but he was replaced by William Hurt so the movies' loose continuity with each other would be more comfortable).

But then who should play Kingpin, besides MCD, who looks like the Kingpin and can act?

I liked the first daredevil movie. I'll admit I don't like the comics of Daredevil but the film I loved. Also I think Michael Clarke Duncan was perfect as Kingpin.

But we know Fox have no plans for a new Daredevil film, If they did he'd have a cameo in Wolverine.

The problem is would like this movie to be reboot, not a remake, I think there are far more interesting stories to be told then just rehashing his origin story.

but they didn't really tell his origin. He lost his eyesight and then all of a sudden he could slide down poles and beat people up with his cane...it was stupid!

The Overlord said:
I think its been hinted at in the comics that the radiative waste just took away his sight and that Stick's training is what gave him his powers, so your idea does have some basis in the comics.

exactly!

I'd still like to see the rights for this get trasferred to Sony pictures and have it be tie into the Spider-Man movies. I think a dark, gritty DD fighting alongside a wise-cracking Spidey would make for an awesome dynamic.

but that's just my fanboy fantasy

but they didn't really tell his origin. He lost his eyesight and then all of a sudden he could slide down poles and beat people up with his cane...it was stupid!

But they did do his origin in a way and doing it again would be redundant, when the did the second Hulk movie they briefly touched on the movie, well they moved on too other plot threads. The problem with doing an origin again, is you would have to reestablished a bunch of characters who were already established in the first film, instead of moving on to new plot ideas.

exactly!

I'd still like to see the rights for this get trasferred to Sony pictures and have it be tie into the Spider-Man movies. I think a dark, gritty DD fighting alongside a wise-cracking Spidey would make for an awesome dynamic.

but that's just my fanboy fantasy

I doubt that will happen, but Fox does suck. The rights should go elsewhere.

Could they use Mr. Fear in a sequel or is he too similar to Scarecrow to work?

Last edited:
I think the best way to go is Purple Man, don't call him that, have him be very pale with a purple tint in his skin, have him be someone Kingpin has called in from prison to take care of Daredevil.

the best way to deal with the Kingpin I imagine is to have him be an unseen force

I think the best way to go is Purple Man, don't call him that, have him be very pale with a purple tint in his skin, have him be someone Kingpin has called in from prison to take care of Daredevil.

the best way to deal with the Kingpin I imagine is to have him be an unseen force

i like the idea of makin' The Kingpin somewhat of a Keyser Soze

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Last edited:
I'm sure I could come up with some sort of plot for a sequel or reboot....the only problem is that it involves Matthew Fox as Daredevil, Jason Statham as Bullseye, and a certain actor in a giant suit like Vinnie Jones/Juggernaut and Jason Flemyng/Mr.Hyde.

Not the greatest idea...but still better than the original.

I like that, and a cool subplot would be the power play in NYC while Fisk is behind bars

I'm sure I could come up with some sort of plot for a sequel or reboot....the only problem is that it involves Matthew Fox as Daredevil, Jason Statham as Bullseye, and a certain actor in a giant suit like Vinnie Jones/Juggernaut and Jason Flemyng/Mr.Hyde.

Not the greatest idea...but still better than the original.
Is the giant suit for Kingpin?

Is the giant suit for Kingpin?

Indeed.

Seeing as how I had no interest in seeing MCD as Kingpin (regardless of how good he was) and could think of nobody else "big" enough to play the role, I figured whynot have the actor in a big suit and now you have your Kingpin who is able to have your fight. Mix in a bit of CGI and you're good to go.

If he didn't have to play Matt Murdock I wouldn't mind. Like if it was a cameo appearance for another movie. He can definitely do the tough street fighter aspect of the character. Not so much the blind lawyer part. Though I wouldn't mind giving him the benefit of the doubt

I know I'll be groaned at, and that this will never happen, but I've thought, even when the first Daredevil came out, that Matt Damon would be perfect for the roll....
Good Will Hunting meets The Bourne movies.... yeah? yeah?

I know I'll be groaned at, and that this will never happen, but I've thought, even when the first Daredevil came out, that Matt Damon would be perfect for the roll....
Good Will Hunting meets The Bourne movies.... yeah? yeah?

i dunno... i mean even Matt Damon was turned down for the part of Kirk in the new Star Trek 'cause he was too old for the part, they wanted to portray a younger Kirk of course, and i think that's the problem with a lotta these movies, they're casting older actors with younger actresses, now i admit i love Robert Downey, Jr., as Tony Stark, he's funny and all that, he's perfect for it, Samuel L. Jackson i heard has just been cast for NINE films as Nick Fury, and the guy's already like late 40s, early 50s, i think they should just start fresh with up-and-coming actors who can actually act and play the parts, maybe follow the storyline of the Ultimate universe, but make it more realistic like The Dark Knight, nothing so cliche

Latest posts

Back