Daredevil reboot

Daredevil is an accomplished lawyer. I've always seen him in his early 30's. Spiderman is a kid, the New Warriors are kids. Save the young actors for those rolls, Murdock should be the seasend lawyer/fighter, giving time earned advise to the whiper-snappers.

Last edited:
Okay, once was weird, twice is ****ing scary.

Time to use the delete button.

i dunno... i mean even Matt Damon was turned down for the part of Kirk in the new Star Trek 'cause he was too old for the part, they wanted to portray a younger Kirk of course, and i think that's the problem with a lotta these movies, they're casting older actors with younger actresses, now i admit i love Robert Downey, Jr., as Tony Stark, he's funny and all that, he's perfect for it, Samuel L. Jackson i heard has just been cast for NINE films as Nick Fury, and the guy's already like late 40s, early 50s, i think they should just start fresh with up-and-coming actors who can actually act and play the parts, maybe follow the storyline of the Ultimate universe, but make it more realistic like The Dark Knight, nothing so cliche

Except Fury isn't ment to be young.

It's been a while since we've heard anything about this reboot. Well today Deadline.com reported that 20th Century Fox is moving forward with a Daredevil reboot and has already hired a screenwriter for the film. Read more here: http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/exclusive-latest-marvel-hero-to-reboot/

Considered Fox hired the guy who wrote "The Day The Earth stood still" remake, it doesn't seem like Fox is putting any effort into this. I expect another Elektra or Punisher: warzone.

Surprizing I don't want this to be rebooted. I'd much prefer a requel. Because where the last one left off made a very interesting set up for the sequel, The Kingpin has just been beaten and knows DD's identity. A cool set up, as long as they don't redo the origin I'll be fine

Unsurprisingly, I completely agree. There's no need to retread over what's already been done. The same goes for Fantastic Four. There are plenty of great stories to be told with Daredevil. If they need to do the origin again because they're afraid people won't understand what's going on, just do it the way they did in Incredible Hulk.

Also, I really liked most of the stuff in Daredevil. All of the principle cast were really good (including Affleck, who people seem to hate for no reason), the only real problem seemed to be that the movie's atmosphere, its writing and its lack of any real plot was a bit dull. There was no need to have DD casually killing people the way he did.

Last edited:
So they hired the director of "The Twiligh Saga: Eclipse" to direct this

I'm out, I was intrigued by the idea of them doing Daredevil again, but now I'm out, I'm just out.

I can except the director of "Fame" doing the Mortal Kombat live-action series, but atleast that had the unbelievably awesome proof-of-concept MK: Rebirth, I just can't except this. No Twilight in my Daredevil thank you.

He also directed Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night.

So they hired the director of "The Twiligh Saga: Eclipse" to direct this

I'm out, I was intrigued by the idea of them doing Daredevil again, but now I'm out, I'm just out.

I can except the director of "Fame" doing the Mortal Kombat live-action series, but atleast that had the unbelievably awesome proof-of-concept MK: Rebirth, I just can't except this. No Twilight in my Daredevil thank you.

Hmm. That's not fair. He didn't write Twilight.

Hmm. That's not fair. He didn't write Twilight.

But he did contribute to the fad, supported it's spread to the masses. There is no excuse.

Though really that doesn't trouble me as it says nothing about his talent, just his choice in jobs, but seeing Twilight next to his name definitely leaves me with a negative impression.

Remember when Jason Statham was rumored for DD? The more I think about it the more I want it to happen. He has the right attitude and tough as nail fighter for DD's costume persona and I think he can pull of Matt Murdock with the right direction. Though it may be way too distracting to seem him with hair.

As long as it's not a reboot, Like Incredible Hulk, I'll be happy.

Latest posts

Back