Looks ok. Don't like this cover although the later ones are greatly improved. Is there anyone I should have recognized in that little support group?

TheManWithoutFear said:
No. Good question though. The support group are members of Hell's Kitchen with different stories of how Daredevil's new reign as Kingpin. All the issues will be told from their perspectives through flashbacks.
Strange way to tell a story. Could be good, could be terrible. If someone isn't a participant in a major event, their perspective should be less distorted but those people didn't really look like that had all the facts. A few looked like they didn't even have all their brains left. I wonder how this goes?

Caduceus said:
Strange way to tell a story. Could be good, could be terrible. If someone isn't a participant in a major event, their perspective should be less distorted but those people didn't really look like that had all the facts. A few looked like they didn't even have all their brains left. I wonder how this goes?

Don't worry if you don't pick it up and read it yourself (which you should), I will tell you alllll about it. :twisted:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/032305/dd71cvr.html

Has better scans IMO.

Daredevil #71 (Spoiler)

So what did everyone (the three of us) think?

I like how it's gonna be story after story between their little support group. It's going to come in small packages and all come together at the end. Bendis' is doing an excellent job on this.

What I don't understand is what commandment other than "I Am Your God" this focused on. Anyway, good read as always and I do agree the art has changed a bit and I was very impressed with it.

The story focused on a girl who witnessed the smack down of one, Wilson Fisk. She then went on to tell about how big of a druggie she was and how her boyfriend was working on becoming the next Kingpin. The boyfriend, Mikey J., sought out the help of a classic Nocenti villain, Bullet (Yeah, how f'n sweet is that!). Thought the last panel was pretty stale but am definitely looking forward to the rest of the arc.

"Change your life"... Love it.

Daredevil #72 Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm no longer recommending this arc to anyone....

... I want it all to myself. This arc is truly for Daredevil fans. Where Bendis is tying in the rest of the Marvel Universe into his other titles. Daredevil stands alone.

Last issue Bullet makes an appearance, Bullet. I mean how cool was that? Now in this issue we don't even see Daredevil. We barely even see Matt Murdock. We get a reflection from a rearview mirror, that's all.

The story of this issue follows a family man who's dad is in prison. He goes to see his dad during a bi-annual visitation. His father beat him as a kid and now the man grew up to be a straight edged family guy who loves his wife and loves his kid. The father asks him to see a man for him. The son accepts. The man he goes to see is what is going to be a familiar character in this arc, the "next kingpin". Now what made this issue very interesting and exciting was the story that the man told the son about the father. The reason his father's nickname was "Bomb" was because he was the man who blew up Matt Murdock's house when the real Kingpin, Wilson Fisk, hired him to do so. Yeah, that's right, if you ever read Born Again, which EVERYONE SHOULD, you would know what I'm talking about here. The father is jail wants to ruin Murdock too but he doesn't want to kill him because when Murdock goes to trial and found guilty for his antics as the vigilante, Daredevil, then everyone he's ever put away will go free. So he wants to do like Fisk did and get Murdock where it hurts. So instead he wants to use a new bomb on Foggy.

I'm not going to tell you how this ends. And I don't recommend this arc anymore. If you ever do become a Daredevil fan and you get around to this, you'll be very pleased with what Bendis is trying to do with this arc.

Dude. This issue was good. I cant believe what they guy did at the end. I love it. I love how Bendis is connecting all the stories.

René said:
Dude. This issue was good. I cant believe what they guy did at the end. I love it. I love how Bendis is connecting all the stories.

Yeah, it really was good. You kind of knew he wasn't going after Foggy. The man was a good guy. Bendis isn't just tying in all of the stories together, as that's evident with the opening of each issue and the support group, but he's tying in different aspects of Daredevil's mythology. Something that is very cool because there are a lot of fans that gave him heat for the whole Golden Age arc.

What I'm looking forward too is the guy at the beginning who was talking about secrets. I really want to see what his story is.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What I'm looking forward too is the guy at the beginning who was talking about secrets. I really want to see what his story is.

Im taking a while guess and saying that this guy used to work for the Kingpin or has some connections to SHEILD and knows all this time about Matt and Daredevil always being one in the same.

Speaking of the Golden Age story arc... what where the good things about it and what where the bad things about it. Im thinking about buying the TPB.

René said:
Im taking a while guess and saying that this guy used to work for the Kingpin or has some connections to SHEILD and knows all this time about Matt and Daredevil always being one in the same.

That's a good theory. I'm thinkin that maybe he's the all new villain Bendis' is introducing.

René said:
Speaking of the Golden Age story arc... what where the good things about it and what where the bad things about it. Im thinking about buying the TPB.

All of it was good. There was just some questionable continuity problems regarding Daredevil appearing in the Yellow Costume in flashbacks and parts where him and Gladiator are in the same panel and shouldn't be. It was all about his history. I really loved the arc and the way it was told though.

I've ben reading Decalogue in the shop, hence my comment. I can't belive that this is the same writter that's doing 4 issues of nothing happens in Ultimate Spider-Man.

I did love this issue. A self containted story, that ties into the overall arc. Bomboy was intresting, and what he did at the end put one hell of a smile on my face.

And supposedly, the 4th DD HC will be out in august, and include most of the arcs up to Golden Age, and dropping the Mack arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's a good theory. I'm thinkin that maybe he's the all new villain Bendis' is introducing.

Where did it say there was a villain for the tale?Or even an all new one?Haven't checked yet but he looks familiar,I was thinkin Bullseye?

Baxter said:
dropping the Mack arc

Proper ****in' order

Patriot said:
Where did it say there was a villain for the tale?Or even an all new one?Haven't checked yet but he looks familiar,I was thinkin Bullseye?
DAREDEVIL #73
MAY 2005

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Alex Maleev.

"Decalogue." A new costumed foe takes to the streets of Hell's Kitchen. Who is he and what will his effect on Daredevil's new status quo be? Did someone say "new super-villian?" Oh, yes. From the writer of New Avengers, it¹s the very, very dark side of the Marvel Universe. Part 3 of 6.

And very interviews throughout.

Daredevil #73 Discussion/Spoilers

Part III of Decalogue seems to begin a 2 parter within' the arc. Parts I and II stood alone but this is the beginning of the tiny story that involves the brand new villain Bendis has created for this arc. I thought the villain would be some kind of human causeing some problems but we're dealing with something that borderline paranormal now. I won't ruin it for you unless you ask but it's pretty creepy. This is the first time the arc hasn't made some reference to Daredevil's past. The Jester was mentioned but it wasn't a significant part to the story. All in all it was another great issue and the battle with the new villain will become very interesting... There was some very dramatic dialogue between the support group and a good Daredevil fight between DD and the "pawn". Never a dull moment and I'm never disappointed.

Best Line: "I came here to find out why he dresses like the devil. Why The Devil saved my life"

Great stuff.

Latest posts

Back