ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Welcome to Earth One.

I'm really excited for these. JMS and Shane Davis on Superman... and Geoff Johns and Gary Frank on Batman? Awesome!

Last edited:
Sounds like the Ultimate universe only in OGN format.

Not like that is a bad thing though. Hopefully it's the same quality that the Ultimate Universe was.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Ultimate universe only in OGN format.

Not like that is a bad thing though. Hopefully it's the same quality that the Ultimate Universe was.

I think the OGN format is definitely a good thing because it means we'll only be getting them when they have a story to tell, rather than being forced to create a monthly comic and putter out.

I imagine E will be really interested in these.

I'm very interested in this. I wonder how long it would take for DC to try an Ultimate Universe of their own. And I love the OGN release idea.

I have a feeling Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman might be part of this as well... it would allow him to tell his own stories without interfering with Gail Simone's title. And possibly the Geoff Johns/Jim Lee JLA as well?

Also, because the titles are going to be released in graphic novel format, they'll be able to release them in bookstores and the like and be able to target new audiences much more successfully than random single issues.

Last edited:
So this is the final earth of the Multiverse they were talking about. I'm automatically pumped for this and love the costume redesigns. Oh and old Royal Marines Alfred is kickass looking, hopefully he plays a large role in the training of Bruce.

It sounds intresting. I've never been much of a DC reader. But I might check this out.

Hm... I'm kind of on the fence about this.

Edit: I do dig the new Alfred.

Last edited:
On one hand I can't stand the look of Batman...but Alfred looks all sorts of kick-asss. Kinda reminds me of Deuce from Danger Girl.

I'm on the fence about Superman.

While I can't get excited for JMS doing Superman's origin again (especially since we're still in the middle of Secret Origin) I do approve of him writing Superman in general. However, what I'm really looking forward to is Geoff Johns writing the Batman villains. I'm sure that will be fantastic.

On one hand I can't stand the look of Batman...but Alfred looks all sorts of kick-asss. Kinda reminds me of Deuce from Danger Girl.

I'm on the fence about Superman.

I don't mind the design of Batman except for the yellow bat symbol and the pants. It looks a lot like that Ultimate Batman design. Which I would like a lot more

UltimateBatman.jpg

Okay i have to ask what is OGN format? Is it monthly like ultimate Spider-man's tpb, Is it every other month, or is it basically when they can be bothered doing one?

Okay i have to ask what is OGN format? Is it monthly like ultimate Spider-man's tpb, Is it every other month, or is it basically when they can be bothered doing one?
I think one of the interviews said they're aiming for two original graphic novels a year.

Last edited:
This is great news, although I wish Mark Waid had just been allowed to continue his Birthright Superman in this format as opposed to just handing it over to another writer who's going to give us the third Superman origin in less than ten years.

I'm looking forward to Batman as well, although I wish they'd given him the black suit. I'm wary of Johns, though. I hope he sets the story in a gritty real world, although I don't think he will.

So this is Ultimate Superman. The whole, "What if Superman had been invented today" is pretty much the Ultimate lines original tag line.

We'll see.

Latest posts

Back