Batman and Alfred look so badass. Alfred kind of looks like Allan Quatermain. Superman looks alright I guess.

Maybe they're calling it "Earth One" because it's like "Year One" except not in the mainstream DCU.

I kinda find it annoying the big promo pic for Superman is an angry guy in latex body armour destroying a city street.

Last edited:
I kinda find it annoying the big promo pic for Superman is an angry guy in latex body armour destroying a city street.

Well yeah. He's patriotic, how else do you think the American government staged 9/11? It was superman. Notice he wasn't there to stop the planes yet clearly he can travel around the world so fast it reverse time. That's because he was there, He was punching the ground at the right strength speed and angle to send shock waves across the floor and collapse the buildings.

Duh!

How do you know he's destroying it? Maybe he just landed. YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!! :crazy:

He has totally just landed.

And since Superman can land without destroying a city street, I assume he's a dick and/or bad-ass. Both of which are, big Superman traits.

Well yeah. He's patriotic, how else do you think the American government staged 9/11? It was superman. Notice he wasn't there to stop the planes yet clearly he can travel around the world so fast it reverse time. That's because he was there, He was punching the ground at the right strength speed and angle to send shock waves across the floor and collapse the buildings.

Duh!

:D That's...... just so wrong. so wrong.

Read The Boys yo.

He has totally just landed.

And since Superman can land without destroying a city street, I assume he's a dick and/or bad-ass. Both of which are, big Superman traits.

Not this Superman!

BOLD! NEW! DIRECTION!

DC should hire you for their publicity. I am now excited about this new floor-punching Superman.

Are you kidding? If I had Superman powers I would do that all the time. It's just too bad ass not to.

DC should hire you for their publicity. I am now excited about this new floor-punching Superman.

But wait! There's more! This new Superman is also here to impregnate all our women, because someone told Jor-El Earth girls are easy.

His new catch phrase is "Truth! Justice! And beating Wilt Chamberlain's record!" (Which incidentally, is an exact synonym for his original slogan!)

Last edited:
51Dxjgyf0XL._SS500_.jpg

dccomics.com:
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI • Art by SHANE DAVIS and SANDRA HOPE • Cover by SHANE DAVIS

Forget everything you know about The Man of Steel and brace yourself for a staggering new take on the world's most popular Super Hero.

Best-selling, Hugo Award-winning writer J. Michael Straczynski (BRAVE AND THE BOLD, Thor, Babylon 5) and red-hot rising star artist Shane Davis (GREEN LANTERN, SUPERMAN/BATMAN) team up for this exciting launch of the EARTH ONE graphic novel series. Set in an all-new continuity re-imagining DC's top heroes, EARTH ONE is a new wave of original, stand-alone graphic novels produced by the top writers and artists in the industry. The groundbreaking new line rockets into effect right here with the Super Hero who started it all – Superman!

What would happen if the origin of The Man of Tomorrow were introduced today for the very first time? Return to Smallville and experience the journey of Earth's favorite adopted son as he grows from boy to Superman like you've never seen before!

Superman | 136pg | Color | Hardcover | $19.99 US

On Sale October 27, 2010

Although Amazon has it as November 2, 2010

Last edited:
I only recently learned of the Earth One books, and I'm ecstatic. This is what I've been waiting for DC to do for the past 7 years, since I started reading Ultimate Marvel. A series of self-contained graphic novels is smart (as opposed to an ongoing or series of ongoings), as each story stands on its own merits, but the fact that the universe is shared (meaning events in one could have an impact in the other) is what really has me excited.

I'll definitely be picking these up as they're released. And JMS writing Supes, and Gary Frank drawing Batman? Where's the line start?

Latest posts

Back