Fairy Tail

So Mist-Gun apparently looks just like Gerard. I have no clue whats going on there.

So I recently started reading this. Someone recommended it to me because I like One Piece. And, fair enough, I do like it alot.

But seriously; how can this be so much like One Piece without being (some form of) plagiarism? I get that both mangaka studied at the same artschool, worked together as assistants for Nobuhiro Watsuki and are influenced by the same artists. That would explain similairities in their art work. However I have a hard time believing it would cause their art to look exactly the same, as it does.

And the similarities dont stop there. The story structure, pacing, the way new characters get introduced, flashbacks, its all the same! Im sure some of it can be explained for being part for the shonen genre, but not everything. All the Fairy Tail members have troubled pasts which we learn about through flashbacks? Sounds familiar. Governement/high autority that might be corrupt gives the protagonists a hard time, even when they do the right thing? Again familiar.

When my friend recommended Fairy Tail he said; "its One Piece, but replace pirates with mages". And that is exactly what it is! Should Oda sue?

I think it's more like both mangas use a lot of the same character archetypes that are common to shounen manga as well as similar overall themes (Friendship!). How far are you along?

I think it's more like both mangas use a lot of the same character archetypes that are common to shounen manga as well as similar overall themes (Friendship!). How far are you along?

Really early on. Chapter 36. Just had Grays flashback, which made me go "wait... is this One Piece?" Gray looks way to much like Luffy in close-ups.

And I agree alot of the similarities can be blamed on being part of the genre (emphasis on camaraderie, trying to become the best ______, fighting ever stronger opponents) and alot of the similarities are because they were influenced by the same manga. For example having a thinkheaded, hyperactive main character that likes to eat alot is obviously influenced by Toriyama.

Still, I am enjoying it alot.

Really early on. Chapter 36. Just had Grays flashback, which made me go "wait... is this One Piece?" Gray looks way to much like Luffy in close-ups.

And I agree alot of the similarities can be blamed on being part of the genre (emphasis on camaraderie, trying to become the best ______, fighting ever stronger opponents) and alot of the similarities are because they were influenced by the same manga. For example having a thinkheaded, hyperactive main character that likes to eat alot is obviously influenced by Toriyama.

Still, I am enjoying it alot.

It's a fun manga and the next arc is one of my favorites.

all the way to chapter 107 now.I liked the last arc (tower of paradise) alot! And that Giselle joined Fairy Tail. I thought his interaction with Natsu at the end of the phantom guild story was pretty cool. Hope to see more of that! Maybe in an story where they look for their missing dragon masters?

What is with all the cats in this comic?

There is Happy (obviously)
the cat-guy from the Demon-Island group
The cat-girl from the tower of paradise
and the old cat guy from the council

Hiro Mashima needs to mix more animals into his powersets! The only dog in the series so far looks like frosty's retarded offspring.

all the way to chapter 107 now.I liked the last arc (tower of paradise) alot! And that Giselle joined Fairy Tail. I thought his interaction with Natsu at the end of the phantom guild story was pretty cool. Hope to see more of that! Maybe in an story where they look for their missing dragon masters?

What is with all the cats in this comic?

There is Happy (obviously)
the cat-guy from the Demon-Island group
The cat-girl from the tower of paradise
and the old cat guy from the council

Hiro Mashima needs to mix more animals into his powersets! The only dog in the series so far looks like frosty's retarded offspring.

Plue is actually from Rave Master, but yeah now that you mention it Mashima does seem to have a cat fetish.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming team-up. I feel like we will finally flesh out the rest of the guild world and its' inner workings, and I can't wait to see how Gray and Leon are able to team-up.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming team-up. I feel like we will finally flesh out the rest of the guild world and its' inner workings, and I can't wait to see how Gray and Leon are able to team-up.

Same here, the Luxus arc faltered a bit at the end but this new one is off to a good start.

I decided to go back and reread all the chapters because I couldn't remember who Leon was.

This is still awesome.

Wendy kind of got the short end of the stick, but I could imagine her eating poisonous gases or something gaseous that's more dangerous then air.

This is such a neat idea for a weapon of mass destruction. Everyone in the cast just became a potential ally and a potential threat.

I'm guessing Happy's going to get frustrated at Charle putting him down so much and succumb to Nirvana's effects. Same goes for Erza and/or Gerard for various reasons.

Latest posts

Back