Family Guy Discussion (Spoilers)

So, uuhh, we really don't know anything about this show. Isn't all this a little hasty, when all we've seen so far is a video of clips from Family Guy?

Come on ZP. Its the Internet. The sky is always falling.

:D :D :D of course

The thing is, Cleveland is the most likely candidate for a sitcom because there's not much too him. There's a lot to fill in on the character. He's not developed into a gag. "Hah hah! Quagmire's so funny because he'll **** anything!" "Hah hah! Joe's handicapped and angry!" Cleveland's pretty much a blank slate. He's mild, but we have no idea what the spin for the show is going to be. We don't know if it's going to have a particular style or skew parody in a particular angle.

I felt the same way about American Dad, and although it was pretty garbage for a while, it's gotten pretty funny, and has a much tighter structure than Family Guy.

Last edited:
I do think that giggle Cleveland has at the end is hilarious though.

Season starts on Sept. 28th.

The season finale in 2009 is going to have the parody to Empire Strikes Back ("Something, Something, Something Dark Side").

I think this is a good time to mention that I'm starting to actively hate the Family Guy naysaying. I've been making a habit of watching the newer episodes on BBC 3 after work and I can't think of one time I was dissatisfied. Recently, they started repeating the very early ones and do you know what? They're not as good! At that point, they were still attempting a semi-serious, King of the Hill/Simpsons type show where the main appeal was that it was set in Rhode Island. It wasn't the cluster bomb of chaotic comedy it is today.

I think this is a good time to mention that I'm starting to actively hate the Family Guy naysaying. I've been making a habit of watching the newer episodes on BBC 3 after work and I can't think of one time I was dissatisfied. Recently, they started repeating the very early ones and do you know what? They're not as good! At that point, they were still attempting a semi-serious, King of the Hill/Simpsons type show where the main appeal was that it was set in Rhode Island. It wasn't the cluster bomb of chaotic comedy it is today.

Agreed. The pilot was hilarious, but plenty of the very early episodes aren't all that funny. Then the show got funny. Then it got canceled. And when it came back it was really good again. It dipped off in quality again for a little while when they really got bizarre and started leaning too much on recurring jokes and inane non sequiturs, and I lost interest in it, but then they got the magic back.

I do have to admit that sometimes the jokes recur a bit, but I find myself laughing out loud in every episode. It's one of my favorite comedy shows out right now.

I do have to admit that sometimes the jokes recur a bit, but I find myself laughing out loud in every episode. It's one of my favorite comedy shows out right now.

Yeah, but it's not that bad I remember a bunch of recent Simpsons was freaking horrible, specially when a character goes "Whaaaaaaa?"

Re: The All About TV Shows Part Deux

Did anyone see the new Family Guy?

"And boom goes the dynamite" is totally my new orgasm exclamation.

Yeah. I was surprised that it was a Cleveland episode that didn't set him up for his upcoming spin-off. Which just means there'll be another Cleveland-centric episode coming up this season on FG.

Tonight I am watching Chuck and Heroes.

Did Family Guy reference that?

The original video is one of the most painfully hilarious things I've ever seen.

Yeah. I was surprised that it was a Cleveland episode that didn't set him up for his upcoming spin-off. Which just means there'll be another Cleveland-centric episode coming up this season on FG.
Well this was an episode that was done for last season before the news of the Cleveland spin-off.

Poster already created.

SomethingDarkSidePoster.jpg

Did Family Guy reference that?

The original video is one of the most painfully hilarious things I've ever seen.

it's sooo uncomfortable, I find myself squirming in sympathy for the poor guy.

Latest posts

Back