Family Guy Discussion (Spoilers)

And the Sequel to Blue Harvest.....

[youtube]13Fs65wMOQs[/youtube]

Not much of a teaser trailer...

But to read about SSDS, click here. There are no actual spoilers about the episode, so no fear in reading something you don't want to read.

The known cast:
  • Chris Griffin as Luke Skywalker
  • Peter Griffin as Han Solo
  • Lois Griffin as Princess Leia
  • Ollie Williams as Lando Calrissian
  • Glenn Quagmire as C-3PO
  • Stewie Griffin as Darth Vader
  • Brian Griffin as Chewbacca
  • Cleveland Brown as R2-D2
  • Herbert as Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Ernie the Giant Chicken as Boba Fett

Cleveland should be Lando, not Ollie. The casting in this could so easily work, but as it is, bleeecch.

I just wonder who will be the Emperor. Meg? or did they just toss her out as a gag with the sewer monster in the first one.

And it still makes me cringe that they put one one-note gag like Herbert in the role of Obi-Wan.

Also: Stupid Title.

Either one would be unwatchable.

The only character who I think could handle a spinoff is Brian, or possibly Brian and Stewie together. The episodes that center around their rocky friendship are usually among my favourite.

True, but I honestly think that even the Evil Monkey could handle his own spin off as long as Seth Mcfarlene keeps writing. Even Greased Up Deaf Guy could. All depends on the writer.

True, but I honestly think that even the Evil Monkey could handle his own spin off as long as Seth Mcfarlene keeps writing. Even Greased Up Deaf Guy could. All depends on the writer.

Ugh, I can barely stand the snippets of the Greased Up Deaf Guy as it is.

Seth MacFarlane is like that kid in your class who you think is really funny for the first week of school, but slowly decide to murder over the course of the rest of the year as he beats those same jokes to death, digs up the corpse, has sex with it, hires a voodoo priest to blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Seth MacFarlane is like that kid in your class who you think is really funny for the first week of school, but slowly decide to murder over the course of the rest of the year as he beats those same jokes to death, digs up the corpse, has sex with it, hires a voodoo priest to blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Even though I love Seth Mcfarlene, that was amazing.

I suppose you are right, but you have to think of it this way, the same old jokes are what make up Family Guy. I mean could you honestly be a fan if you didn't appreciate the Evil Monkey or The Chicken...?

All depends on your point of view I suppose. I quite like the classics, except Popsicle Guy, he scares me, he I could do without.

Herbert's creepy, but out of those gags, he's the only one who's actually developed in any way. Honestly, I'm sick of most of the recurring jokes on Family Guy, and I've been watching the show since the Super Bowl pilot.

I'm sick of greased up deaf guy. I'm sick of the vaudevillians. I'm sick of the chicken with the bad coupon. And none of those recurring jokes really showed up until FOX renewed Family Guy after the cancellation.

Bud Killingsworth and the 19th century muscle men are great though.

Last edited:
Even though I love Seth Mcfarlene, that was amazing.

I suppose you are right, but you have to think of it this way, the same old jokes are what make up Family Guy. I mean could you honestly be a fan if you didn't appreciate the Evil Monkey or The Chicken...?

I don't mind the same old jokes so much, it's just the ways and frequency with which they use them and the ones they use. The Vaudevillians were funny, but got they got ruined with extreme overuse. Mr. Pervert and the slow-talking gay guy has only been used moderately but he was borderline intolerable in the first place for me.

The Chicken is an exception. He's still great because of the extent to which they took it. The second outing was a little weak at first because it seemed like a kind of "trying to recreate a mircale" thing, but the third was just plain amazing. However... any more would be pushing it.

Anyway, on the whole I'd say that it's not the repetition so much as what they choose to repeat, as in awkward, tedious and irritating stuff like Herbert, slow-gay, and the GUDG.

Having Cleveland take up an ENTIRE SHOW would be the same.

Last edited:
Those two are my least favorite as well.

and you know what? I would watch an "Adam West, Mayor of Quohog" show... or maybe even a show where he's running for president or something.

Seriously, Quagmire makes sense as a central figure, so does Joe (he even has the whole family set-up already in action, and by focusing on his police work they could even pull that off well), Cleveland makes absolutely the LEAST sense.

Eh, I doubt they're pitching a Cleveland show without having some sort of interesting twist behind it.

And it makes sense for him to get a spin-off. :D He's the token black guy.

Latest posts

Back