Family Guy Discussion (Spoilers)

^^As I've said before, this "event" looks really stupid. If you're going to just recreate an entire movie, why not pick one that hasn't had every single scene from itself and it's sequels parodied to death and back a hundred ****ing times more than every other movie put together?

In other news, just now I saw the 5th season finale, "Meet The Quagmires", for the first time. That's gotta be one of the best episodes ever.

If you haven't seen it, you should know it has virtually nothing to do with Quagmire himself, because usually I can't stand the Quagmire-centric episodes.

Edit: Found it! The whole episode is right here. watch it while you can.

Last edited:
^^As I've said before, this "event" looks really stupid. If you're going to just recreate an entire movie, why not pick one that hasn't had every single scene from itself and it's sequels parodied to death and back a hundred ****ing times more than every other movie put together?

Becouse Star wars is awesome?

In other news, just now I saw the 5th season finale, "Meet The Quagmires", for the first time. That's gotta be one of the best episodes ever.

If you haven't seen it, you should know it has virtually nothing to do with Quagmire himself, because usually I can't stand the Quagmire-centric episodes.

Edit: Found it! The whole episode is right here. watch it while you can.

Is that the one where we get Rick Roll'd?

i can't bring myself to watch family guy anymore, i used to love it (i bought the first 4 seasons on DVD) but now i can't stand it. i probably won't watch a single episode from this season

I just bought volume five on DVD. I was disappointed that it only has 13 episodes, and then I watched the first episode and it sucked. I could barely get through it. Are the rest of the episodes from volume five this bad?

Well, I enjoyed the special. But then again, I love this show anyways, so what do I know?

*Waits for the hate posts*

It was hit and miss. The best parts were when they were on the Death Star and the music jokes. The couch bit got old fast.

I think the only good part from that was when they ran to the Falcon with it.

I loved it when they showed up sitting on it

It was pretty good, I enjoyed the things the background characters, and of course the airplane references

Okay, so my dad and I watched it. I was impressed at how seriously they took it all, with the music and the settings and effects and everything. That really made a difference and reminded me why I like the movie.

It was pretty funny overall. I loved the couch bit, mainly because we were sitting on a couch that we went through the EXACT same situation with not six months ago, so that was great. Most of the stuff on Tatooine was too, and pretty much any of the Stewie scenes or the Peter/Brian stuff.

The problem is that they've still got that disease where they rely on their supposedly-funny brand of drawn-out awkwardness way too much instead of what they should be doing, which is cramming in as many jokes as they can, so if one flatlines you don't even notice because you're still gasping from the last two and then within and few seconds, the next. They used to do that a lot more in the older episodes(before the show got too full of itself) and it was one of the reasons it was so special and great. Now, half the time you can feel a joke bombing three seconds in and have to sit there knowing that it's going to go one for literally ten times that long.

Also, I've never found the old pedophile guy funny. Maybe the first few times in small doses but they've long since killed him and he really dragged this down. You know who should've played Obi-Wan? Peter's father! Right there, that would've made the whole thing fifty times funnier. He could've been berating Chris and the rest of the group the whole time and we wouldn't have had to endure that long, joke-free "Owe it all to you" number.... yawn.

Anyway, I'd give the whole thing a 7/10. It was funny overall and hilarious in a few places, but they should've put a bit more time into the number of jokes.

Yeah, I agree that the old guy just doesn't cut it anymore. It's just.....creepy and makes me shiver.

I mean, I liked the song and dance he did, but still. I'm not a fan of the character. His first appearance was good, and should've been his only. Things took a toll for even worse when he did that daydream about him and Chris. It made me not like him even more.

Latest posts

Back