Fantastic Four #554-569 (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Fantastic Four (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

I've lost a lot of interest for KICK-***, 1985 and FANTASTIC FOUR now that I realise they're all intended to lead to Millar's next big event about Doctor Doom's mentor.
I haven't read anything about it leading to an event, just that they're all connected through a person.

Last edited:

Millar's next big event about Doctor Doom's mentor.

I just hope it fits in with the Unthinkable prologue that Mark Waid did (F4 #594-ish, but under the vol. 3 numbering). That was great.

From Millar himself:

TABITHA DENEUVE AND AGATHA HARKNESS:

Is it an anagram? Is it a play on words? What links the new FF nanny from the Millar/ Hitchy run with that spooky old witch from the old days?

You might be surprised.

A big high five to anyone who can work this out?

MM

Last edited:

The new nanny is the daughter of Agatha Harness and the Wyncham guy. Or she's a giant robot from the future of Earth-2, coming back in time to impregnate Benjamin Grimm.

The new nanny is the daughter of Agatha Harness and the Wyncham guy. Or she's a giant robot from the future of Earth-2, coming back in time to impregnate Benjamin Grimm.

That's why you don't punch dinosaurs.

As the Fantastic Four maniac of the board, I must say that I would approve of BOTH ideas.

Ah, Ourchair. How I've missed you.

November's solicitation:

FANTASTIC FOUR #563
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by BRYAN HITCH
Mister and Mrs. Thing! And a threat from the world of 1985! Plus: Who are the Masters of Doom?

The crossover begins!!!

Re: Fantastic Four #554-570 (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

Edited title to reflect which issues we're discussing this thread.

Alright, I know trying to figure out 616 continuity is like counting sand on a beach, but why is Banner in control of his Hulk persona here when in his own title he is still a big brute?

Personally, I blame Loeb.

Alright, I know trying to figure out 616 continuity is like counting sand on a beach, but why is Banner in control of his Hulk persona here when in his own title he is still a big brute?

No one knows why yet.

It's probably an alternate Hulk.

It's Hulk from counter-earth

I'm serious
*edit*

I should expand, Banners comment "Defeated by a team he barely recognizes" gave it away

a few years back Doom conquered counter-earth, and probably ran a fowl of this group, on counter earth, The Hulk was more or less in his Professor Hulk persona.

Last edited:

It's Hulk from counter-earth

I'm serious
*edit*

I should expand, Banners comment "Defeated by a team he barely recognizes" gave it away

a few years back Doom conquered counter-earth, and probably ran a fowl of this group, on counter earth, The Hulk was more or less in his Professor Hulk persona.

Interesting. I've never heard of this or "Counter Earth".

Can you tell me a little more about it? What else happened? What book was this in?

Without knowing what is going on with the unconscious Galactus, the idea of it is pretty cool as is the idea that the new Earth is for the rich and connected. Maybe Galactus can eat it.

Can you tell me a little more about it? What else happened? What book was this in?

Without knowing what is going on with the unconscious Galactus, the idea of it is pretty cool as is the idea that the new Earth is for the rich and connected. Maybe Galactus can eat it.

Reed: Oh mighty Galactus, our humble gift to you: this exact replica of our own planet. Eat it, oh destroyer of worlds, to regain your strength and sate your neverending hunger. We only ask that you leave the true Earth alone.

Galactus: Pull the other one.

Reed: ...what?

Galactus: I've come to this planet I don't know how many times, and I don't know why I keep coming back. You guys suck. I'm trying to put an end to my hunger-ridden-angst and maybe abort some Celestials while I'm at it, but no. You guys just keep kicking me while I'm down and being total ****.

Reed: W-wherever did you get that idea, oh great Galactus?

Galactus: The Anti-Galactus suit I can see from here?

Johnny: (in the Galactus suit) Oh yeah, I could definately pick up some chicks in this. Maybe four.

I didn't read the story, it's pretty obscure. But if you look hard enough on wikipedia you can find a summary

basically it's an alternate earth that Doom was banished to for awhile, eventually he became the ruler there, and this counter-earth was more or less similar regular earth except for team rosters, at the time The Hulk was Professor Hulk in 616, as was he on counter-earth, I think he was on that earth's Fantastic Four

eventually Doom escaped (naturally), and I imagagine the New Defenders are people from counter-earth trying to get vengeance or something

interesting. I've never heard of this or "counter earth".

Without knowing what is going on with the unconscious galactus, the idea of it is pretty cool as is the idea that the new earth is for the rich and connected. Maybe galactus can eat it.

Heroes Reborn!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back