Fantastic Four #554-569 (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Fantastic Four (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

You guys are teh locos.

The series has been great, even with the story diversion from the story. The dialogue is just fine. I can see some flaws with the Anti-Galactus suit, but Millar is once again showing how to make FF (this time 616 FF) a great read.

I'm sure the Nu-Earth story will be picked up again at some point, but I'm fine with how Millar & Hitch are handling the series.

The insane, over-the-top, awesomeness of the F4 is still there.......but the dialouge just seems lacking.

I imagine Doom calls cancer "that thing that reminds me of Richards."

The New Defenders seem pretty cool. I wonder what they want with Doom?

Okay. I'll admit it.

Hulk vs. FF sounds great to me.

this was by far the best issue of the run. I loved it.

I didn't understand the whole time difference thing between on the cameras regarding when Doom showed up.

And do we have any idea who the man was that picked up Ben's ladyfriend?

So... apart from the actual main plot - CAP and the fight with him - I think this was actually pretty damn good. Each of the four are well defined, Hitch's art is INCREDIBLE, and there's some good work in the setting - Nu-World, Sue's charity group, Johnny's girlfriend, etc. So... yeah. I honestly think Millar needs a writing partner to help him just like... I dunno say, "Dude. DO THIS. You're already doing half of it. Do the rest." kinda stuff.

The reason why the comic feels like this is because this is exactly what Millar is doing. He doesn't want to write about the same old villains again (well, except for Doom, but everyone wants to write Doom). Instead, he wants to go back to Lee/Kirby stuff - a new concept and idea each issue. And I like that he's doing that. He's bringing originality back to the FF.

It's just too bad that nobody will ever use this new stuff or if they'll do, well... Xorn.

I'm on a Fantastic Four trip right now.

Should I be getting this?

Bear in mind I hated "Tomb of Namor" and I'm still having trouble putting up with Millar's dialogue.

I'm on a Fantastic Four trip right now.

Should I be getting this?

Bear in mind I hated "Tomb of Namor" and I'm still having trouble putting up with Millar's dialogue.

Hard to say...the dialogue doesn't seem as as Millar-y as Ultimates was.

I'm loving it. I haven't liked the book since the first JMS arc and it hasn't been consistently good since the first 2-3 Mark Waid arcs (yeah, I know we're only a few issues in but it's already more consistently good than it's been in a while).

Hard to say...the dialogue doesn't seem as as Millar-y as Ultimates was.
I'm hoping Millar has matured significantly in handling that aspect of his works, because I just read Civil War, and I was amazed at how devoid of Millar-isms at the same time.

However, based on the first issue of his Fantastic Four run, I feel like the Millar-isms were more noticeable to me and I can't tell whether they ARE there, or I'm just seeing the there that is not there.

E said:
I'm loving it. I haven't liked the book since the first JMS arc and it hasn't been consistently good since the first 2-3 Mark Waid arcs (yeah, I know we're only a few issues in but it's already more consistently good than it's been in a while).
Incidentally, I just picked up Authoritative Action and I quite liked it, in spite of Howard Porter's art not being entirely my cup of tea. God that Doom is an *******.

Incidentally, I just picked up Authoritative Action and I quite liked it, in spite of Howard Porter's art not being entirely my cup of tea. God that Doom is an *******.

I didn't really care for Authoritative Action. It wasn't horrible, just not something I cared for. The art was a big part of it, but I think Reed being so out there was another part of it. The character change wasn't completely unwarranted, just a really huge change that I wasn't crazy about.

Is this the real hulk or some alternate reality ****?

I believe it has a lot to do with the events unfolding in Old Man Logan, as Millar has stated in recent interviews. He's trying to link up all of his current titles with the exception of Kick-***... and maybe 1985 but the jury's still out on that.

I believe it has a lot to do with the events unfolding in Old Man Logan, as Millar has stated in recent interviews. He's trying to link up all of his current titles with the exception of Kick-***... and maybe 1985 but the jury's still out on that.
The connection is between 1985, Wolverine, and Fantastic Four. It's been confirmed already like two months ago or so, as for the last two Marvel previews book has checklists for his work.

Kick-*** also vaguely links to 1985. The villains are invading "our" world and Kick-*** also operates in "our" world.

I've lost a lot of interest for KICK-***, 1985 and FANTASTIC FOUR now that I realise they're all intended to lead to Millar's next big event about Doctor Doom's mentor.

Latest posts

Back