Fantastic Four #554-569 (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch take over Fantastic Four!

FF GETS NEW TRADE DRESS WITH ISSUE #554

At his blog on the Marvel.com site, Editor Tom Brevoort debuted the new look of the publisher's Fantastic Four which will start with issue #554, the debut issue of the series' new creative team, Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch

New_FF_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

That...looks like TV Guide now.

Terrible! The logo isn't too bad (certainly better than the one they started using on Waid's run) but that text in the upper right is so gaudy and huge.

Terrible! The logo isn't too bad (certainly better than the one they started using on Waid's run) but that text in the upper right is so gaudy and huge.
It is. Very bad design.

But yeah, the logo is cool.

FF GETS NEW TRADE DRESS WITH ISSUE #554

At his blog on the Marvel.com site, Editor Tom Brevoort debuted the new look of the publisher's Fantastic Four which will start with issue #554, the debut issue of the series' new creative team, Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch

New_FF_cover.jpg
Cool logo.

Everything else is ****ing garbage.

Worst. Graphic. Design. EVER.

I like it, though I think the text should be moved to the bottom or something.

I like it, though I think the text should be moved to the bottom or something.

Yeah, it's not the text itself - that's fine. But it looks like a 6th grader did that in MS Paint. It's out of place and the size is all wrong.

While I really do appreciate the time and effort that goes into it, does anyone else think that the flaws in Hitch's artwork are beginning to show?

Why does every single character he draw look so smug? Why always with the heavily angled perspectives? Why are the eyes always crabbishly small or chihuahuishly big?

Last edited:

While I really do appreciate the time and effort that goes into it, does anyone else think that the flaws in Hitch's artwork are beginning to show?

Yes.

Upon closer inspection, the cover art is not very good at all.

Yeah, it's not the text itself - that's fine. But it looks like a 6th grader did that in MS Paint. It's out of place and the size is all wrong.
Please, you insult the sixth graders. They know Photoshop better than anyone eighteen and above.

Soon, we will be relying on people born after 2005 to program our holodecks to not say "12:00" all the time.

I had that thought while looking at the cover. Guess he's not going back for touchups. :lol:

The cover that's not distorted is better than this version.

I can't see how people would think it's shell casings. I mean, how can any casing fly towards the F4 anyway?

I mean, HELLO! Look in the bottom right corner! You'll see a bullet that hasn't even touched Sue's invisible wall yet!

I can't see how people would think it's shell casings. I mean, how can any casing fly towards the F4 anyway?

I mean, HELLO! Look in the bottom right corner! You'll see a bullet that hasn't even touched Sue's invisible wall yet!
I don't think it's a matter of Rob Liefeld being a bad artist criticizing a good one. (Which it is, though).

I think it's a matter of being a stupid person. Which Rob Liefeld is proving he is.

I mean HELLO! They are shell casings because they were crushed by an invisible force field.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think it's a matter of Rob Liefeld being a bad artist criticizing a good one. (Which it is, though).

I think it's a matter of being a stupid person. Which Rob Liefeld is proving he is.

I mean HELLO! They are shell casings because they were crushed by an invisible force field.

:lol:

Who else could put it so eloquently?

Latest posts

Back