Fantastic Four Reboot

Re: Fantasic Four Reboot

It shouldn't be darker. It should be more fantastic if anything.

Fantasti Four... Dark?

What?

Fantastic Four is the last series that needs to go Dark, it needs to get ****ing SMART.

I've been thinking about it and it's just so awful that thought processes that lead to this choice is just so damn childish. Think back to X-men 1, the studios back then could give a **** about the film, they figured they'd green lite it seeing it would make a profit on name alone. So the studios just let the filmmakers do their thing. It was really successful so they green lit a sequel that was hoping for a little more profit. It did phenomenal, but instead of letting the third one play out they decide to capitalize on its success and decide to force a third one out meddling as much as possible and what we got was the bad movie known as X-men 3. Now with Fantastic Four it went pretty much the same way. The first two movies did alright, they were watchable (I think they're pretty good but to avoid the same argument.), so they decide to meddle with a third one as much as possible. All the studios did to come to this decision was think "Hmm, Hulk did great as a reboot, and a dark movie like Dar Knight was 2nd top grossing film of all time. Good + Great = BESTEST THING EVAR!!!!1!"

The Moral of the story, get Fox Studies to hire talented people then STAY THE **** OUT! Hide your head in the sand. Cheap gimmicks like this don't make a great and successful movie, hard work and planning makes great movies.

GOD DAMN ROTHMAN!!!!!!

Fox is rebooting Fantastic Four

SSH! said:
Akiva Goldsman has been hired to oversee the reboot as producer. Michael Green, the co-exec producer of TV's "Heroes" who co-wrote Green Lantern, will write the script for the new Fantastic Four film.

See SHH's full report here (it's not much more than this)

EDIT: see the original article from Variety

Last edited:
Re: Fox is rebooting Fantastic Four

This is sad. Not that the series didn't need a reboot.

I'm sad Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans won't be cast again. Everything else, yay, I guess.

Akiva Goldsman wrote BATMAN AND ROBIN.

That is all.

I don't think Fox should be allowed to do anything with the FF again.

Well, the FF movie franchise can't really get worse can it?

I would like to see a CGI Thing in future movies instead of a guy in a rubber suit.

This feels really desperate. I hope it fails miserably so they stop sinking money into it and Marvel gets it back. Or Disney reacts to this announcement and buys the rights back.

This feels really desperate. I hope it fails miserably so they stop sinking money into it and Marvel gets it back. Or Disney reacts to this announcement and buys the rights back.

But here's the thing, Fox is only making this movie to prevent Disney from getting the rights back. Its very cynical, but someone at Marvel made a very bad deal make in the 90s. I hope Disney's crack team of lawyers can break this deal. Now a Pixar FF film, that would be good.

Last edited:

But here's the thing, Fox is only making this movie to prevent Disney from getting the rights back. Its very cynical, but someone at Marvel made a very bad deal make in the 90s. I hope Disney's crack team of lawyers can break this deal.

well the deal is, "you keep making these movies, you own the rights", so i doubt that will happen.
Variety said:
Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like "Iron Man" and "Thor," Fox controls "Fantastic Four" in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties "X-Men," "Daredevil" and "Silver Surfer." Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

well the deal is, "you keep making these movies, you own the rights", so i doubt that will happen.

Actually, Variety didn't mention several clauses, including the "If property owner [Marvel Entertainment] is unsatisfied with product, all previous agreements are null and void." It's a usual contract rider when the property owner knows the worth of their product. JK Rowling has the same rider on the Potter films.

BTW how do we know that a Disney/Marvel Fantastic Four movie won't be done worse? Simple...The Incredibles was far superior..lol

Additionally, Disney has the resources to, if they decided it would be lucrative enough, buyout those contracts as I am sure a clause exists; and if it doesn't, I am sure there is a price tag somewhere.

Latest posts

Back