Fantastic Four Reboot

That's a good point, we never seen a proper version of Doom or Galactus, that's why I think if there was a proper version of these characters in these new movies, they would feel different from those previous FF films. On the other hand, the general audience did see a (bad) version of these characters already and first impressions are important, so there is something to be said for having these two villains in the back ground, building up their menace before they before as the main villain for a movie. Using one of the FF's lesser rogues would require some clever writing so they can carry a movie, but then again an FF reboot would require a lot of clever writing to work. Batman and Robin was so bad it almost destroyed the Batman movie franchise forever, but there were some well regarded Batman movies before Batman and Robin, the FF never had a movie that could be considered good.
Batman is a perfect example of your idea of using lesser known villains.

Batman Begins used Ra's al Ghul, who, as far as Batman villains are concerned is one of the BIG villains, but brand-wise was a villain the average non-comic reader knew nothing about, and was presented in such a novel fashion that it worked to the advantage of the film.

If the film makers and producers feel really compelled to make an origin story, just do the same. Reed has any number of intellectual rivals that could be repurposed for the origin -- a mentor Mole Man ala Arthur Molekevic of the Think Tank in UFF, a Red Ghost who is a Russian-American cosmonaut competing with Reed for the same kind of breakthrough space travel, or Esteban de Ablo, a European biophysicist working with Reed to create unstable molecules.

I'm not sure I understand what it is about the Inhumans that anyone would want to see in a movie...
Live action Tonaja/Archeaopteryx. I'd hit it.

Via Bleeding Cool:

Josh Trank's reboot of The Fantastic Four is to be written by Jeremy Slater, the buzzed about, on-the-up scriptwriter behind the Lovecraft-infused Tape 4 and Jake Kasdan's My Spy. According to THR, he's just finalising his deal now.

Neither of the aforementioned films has been produced yet, let alone tested at the box office, but Slater is seen to have geek credentials.

Fox are setting production on Fantastic Four for sometime next year.

Chronicle was really good so I have high hopes for the new Fantastic Four.

Chronicle's Michael B. Jordan Could Be The New Johnny Storm For Josh Trank's Fantastic Four

michael-b-jordan-600x400.jpg

He was great in Chronicle/Friday Night Lights/Parenthood/The Wire. I want to see him as the Human Torch.

I do not approve.

And it's not cuz he's black...it's cuz I can't see him as Johnny. His "brow" always seems too "angry" to play the free-spirited Storm.

Now, on a more stereotypical front, could I see him as Young Avengers' "Patriot"? Yes.

I have a couple of ideas for who could be Johnny...it just depends on the direction I'd go with---classic late 20s, right at 30s 616 Johnny or teen Ultimate Johnny?

I think they should go with the teen Johnny Storm. But Chris Evans killed it as the late 20s Johnny in the first two movies. He was pretty much the only good part of the movies.

Last edited:

Filipinos aren't "things". They're human beings, with feelings and thoughts almost as strong as ours.

Racist.

DiB, you are awful.

I think they should go with the teen Johnny Storm. But Chris Evans killed it as the late 20s Johnny in the first two movies. He was pretty much the only good part of the movies.

It would be great to see a carefree Johnny, akin to what we saw in the Millar FF run, and see something progress toward what we got with Hickman bringing him back as ruler of the Negative Zone. That was such an amazing moment. It kind of mirrors what Waid did with him, when Sue put him in charge of the finances in order to straighten him up and he actually did some pretty amazing things, completely unexpectedly. Both instances displayed pretty amazing growth for the character - it would be great if they did something in the movie and make it matter.

What I really love about the FF is that at any point in any given story, a writer can make any of the 4 seem like the most important or powerful characters in the whole MU. I never see that with any other book, even with the Avengers of X-Men. The characters are very well defined in that way. I hope they convey that in the movie(s).

Filipinos aren't "things". They're human beings, with feelings and thoughts almost as strong as ours.

Racist.

It's not racist, as its not motivated by a fear of different racial background, but instead of the fear of the high prevalence of transexuals in the Phillipines. Therefore I'm worried the re-booted Thing will be both Thing and Ms. Thing rolled into a rocky shell of sexual identity confusion.

Wait... that is racist.

Sorry.

From CBR:

Despite director Josh Trank's earlier denial, Spectacular Now star Miles Teller appears to still be in the mix to play Reed Richards in Fox's Fantastic Four reboot.

Citing "multiple insiders," Heat Vision reports the 26-year-old actor tested for the role on Tuesday, while Kate Mara (The Open Road, American Horror Story) and Emmy Rossum (Shameless) tried out for the part of Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman. A new name to emerge is Christian Cooke (Cemetery Junction, Magic City), who is thought to have tested for Ben Grimm.

Trank's Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan, long rumored to play Johnny Storm, is believed to be the only actor attached to the project so far.

According to Heat Vision, earlier reports that Saoirse Ronan and Elizabeth Olsen were testing to play Sue Storm "proved incorrect," apparently due to changing schedules and interests. Game of Thrones star Kit Harington, previously rumored to be testing for Reed Richards, instead signed on to the period drama Testament of Youth.

I hope they don't **** this up. It shouldn't be that hard to make a great FF movie (and yes, Bass, one that distinguishes itself from the Incredibles).

Out of curiosity, what would everyone like to see from thsi movie?

Last edited:
GOAT LEGS!!!!

But seriously, it's more like what I DON'T wanna see---which is a 90min origin story. Again.

While F4 isn't the most recognizable superhero team to the non-comic person (who shall henceforth be referred to as The Pitied), a quick origin backstory for new fans could be done in a 5 minute exposition montage in the beginning.

Personally, it would shown with security camera and news camera footage and even a mix of personal footage via narrator and when you're "caught up" we see the chronicler is H.E.R.B.I.E, a failed/glitchy early project of Reed's, whom he's grown too busy take the time and fix properly.

Then...onto the current fantastic adventure!

Latest posts

Back