FOX News

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
I haven't gotten to sleep tonight.

Why?

This is why.

It's a bizarre mix of the lamest things ever. Glenn Beck twitters away, generally acting like a *****, rolling out his schtick like he's performing a guest spot on Law and Order, and cries. Yeah. Cries. At least three times. It's so over the top and obviously fake that I had to rewind it a few times to figure out if he was being a sarcastic dick or just a phony dick. Dude puts Billy Graham to shame. In the process, the show flits between Oprah, The 700 Club, and self help infomercial. So then I have to start digging. And it is a ****ing self-help scheme. His whole thing is 9-12 which is nine principles, twelve values, so we can be back to how we were right after 9/11. Seriously. I'm not making this **** up. This is Scientology deep. I'm gonna give you just a little taste, because a whole plate of this **** would melt the brains of lower level thetans like yourself.

The first principle is
"America is good."
Followed by
(wait for it)
"I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life."

I hear you, Glenn.
Viva La Redneck Revolucion!

Last edited:
Great. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight either.

that was really weird. It was actually awkward to watch.

But how are you going to compare Glenn Beck to Billy Graham? If you ever look at Billy Graham's life you will see that he is nothing like this. He's got so much integrity, and is just a genuine guy, not a phony in any sense of the word. You may not hold to the same beliefs that he does, but not everyone who believes in God is an uneducated redneck or hypocrite.

Just for the record, I'm not angry, but you expressed yourself so I'm expressing myself. (here's a smiley emoticon to prove that I'm just trying to good naturedly have a discussion :) )

that was really weird. It was actually awkward to watch.

But how are you going to compare Glenn Beck to Billy Graham? If you ever look at Billy Graham's life you will see that he is nothing like this. He's got so much integrity, and is just a genuine guy, not a phony in any sense of the word. You may not hold to the same beliefs that he does, but not everyone who believes in God is an uneducated redneck or hypocrite.

Just for the record, I'm not angry, but you expressed yourself so I'm expressing myself. (here's a smiley emoticon to prove that I'm just trying to good naturedly have a discussion :) )

I actually meant to say Pat Robertson.

You're right. For a televangelist, Graham's alright.

How is Fox still in business?

I thought all their executives were ground into a fine pink powder.

Ahhhh Torgo's executive powder soother the fire.

I honestly think that there should be a law declaring a moratorium on politicians and pundits using 9/11 for anything.

The US as a country has so utterly and completely got their justice/revenge/whatever that bringing it up should be akin to invoking Godwin's Law.

Unless, of course, they lost a close friend/family member in the tragedy.

I honestly think that there should be a law declaring a moratorium on politicians and pundits using 9/11 for anything.

The US as a country has so utterly and completely got their justice/revenge/whatever that bringing it up should be akin to invoking Godwin's Law.

How? America has yet to find Osama. And yes, I know that's strategically unsound as if finding him will stop everything, but I'd like an explanation as to why you feel that way.

Last edited:
The number of dead enemy combatants in America's two wars during the War on Terror (Afghanistan and Iraq) far exceeds the amount of civilians lost in 9/11. I think something like 5000 jihadis have been killed in Iraq alone. Consider the amount of military combatants and civilians in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't see how American can play the 'victim' card anymore.

It's like someone breaks your nose, and then you cripple their spine and then demand the cripple pay you for pain and suffering.

You get what I mean? :/ I just think Americans not personally affected by 9/11 and politicans and pundits simply shouldn't be allowed to invoke the tragedy for sympathy and rallying when the pound of flesh has been paid.

How? America has yet to find Osama. And yes, I know that's strategically unsound as if finding him will stop everything, but I'd like an explanation as to why you feel that way.

But the problem lies in, we're not actually looking for Osama, hell, the CIA knew where he was in Togo, and we LET HIM GO!

The number of dead enemy combatants in America's two wars during the War on Terror (Afghanistan and Iraq) far exceeds the amount of civilians lost in 9/11. I think something like 5000 jihadis have been killed in Iraq alone. Consider the amount of military combatants and civilians in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't see how American can play the 'victim' card anymore.

It's like someone breaks your nose, and then you cripple their spine and then demand the cripple pay you for pain and suffering.

You get what I mean? :/ I just think Americans not personally affected by 9/11 and politicans and pundits simply shouldn't be allowed to invoke the tragedy for sympathy and rallying when the pound of flesh has been paid.

I see what you are saying about American politicans invoking 9/11, I personally find your rationale to be a bit...well, silly. The idea that there should be some guy out on the battlefield keeping tallies of enemy dead saying, "Ok, it looks like that is number 2,974. Let's go home, it looks like we're done here," is well, ridiculous. While the "War on Terror" has been used to justify things that it shouldn't, Al Qaeda and similar groups remain that threaten our interests. I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. Christ, I think I'm a Neo-Con. :shock:

Last edited:

I think America playing the 'victim' card has to do with the fact that at the end of the day, what the jihadis targeted and killed was a few thousand innocent civilians, men, women, children, etc. as well as the ability to feel safe from being in the middle of an enemy bombing raid while literally sitting in the heart of America.

You're acting like that's now somehow balanced out by the fact that we've killed x-number of jihadi soldiers. It's not "utter justice".

I'll freely admit to being sick of hearing 9/11 tossed around like a carte blanche for extreme behaviour, but you can't put a moratorium on it because in a lot of places it's still a very valid subject.

You're definitely right, just to clarify, it's not "stop the wars" since a lot of the ones responsible are still at large, this doesn't mean we're no justified in pursuing any longer, just that it's incredibly horrible to be using 9/11 to get political points, ratings, or to win an argument.

Oh man, is Glenn Beck crazy. He doesn't have the ******* swagger of O'Reilly or the theatrics of Limbaugh, so I guess he just sets himself apart by being really, really embarrassingly sincere.

Some of us do it more than others....

[youtube]qQ7-3M-YrdA[/youtube]

It's like invoking the Holocaust in an argument, it's an immature trick to make everyone shut up and solemnly agree with you. But can you really put that kind of thing past any politician or pundit?
But the problem lies in, we're not actually looking for Osama, hell, the CIA knew where he was in Togo, and we LET HIM GO!
And plus, Al Qaeda is kind of not a real thing and all.

I see what you are saying about American politicans invoking 9/11, I personally find your rationale to be a bit...well, silly. The idea that there should be some guy out on the battlefield keeping tallies of enemy dead saying, "Ok, it looks like that is number 2,974. Let's go home, it looks like we're done here," is well, ridiculous. While the "War on Terror" has been used to justify things that it shouldn't, Al Qaeda and similar groups remain that threaten our interests. I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. Christ, I think I'm a Neo-Con. :shock:

I think America playing the 'victim' card has to do with the fact that at the end of the day, what the jihadis targeted and killed was a few thousand innocent civilians, men, women, children, etc. as well as the ability to feel safe from being in the middle of an enemy bombing raid while literally sitting in the heart of America.

You're acting like that's now somehow balanced out by the fact that we've killed x-number of jihadi soldiers. It's not "utter justice".

I'll freely admit to being sick of hearing 9/11 tossed around like a carte blanche for extreme behaviour, but you can't put a moratorium on it because in a lot of places it's still a very valid subject.

I'd clarify but...

You're definitely right, just to clarify, it's not "stop the wars" since a lot of the ones responsible are still at large, this doesn't mean we're no justified in pursuing any longer, just that it's incredibly horrible to be using 9/11 to get political points, ratings, or to win an argument.

Random did it perfectly.

I actually meant to say Pat Robertson.

You're right. For a televangelist, Graham's alright.

you think he's bad, you should watch Jack VanImpe and his wife Roxanne!

Gemini said:
How is Fox still in business?

I thought all their executives were ground into a fine pink powder.

Ahhhh Torgo's executive powder soother the fire.

Fox is still in business b/c, believe it or not, there is still a large portion of the North American population that is conservative, you just don't hear about them b/c they only have one media outlet...FOX - and all the other liberal media outlets make fun of it.

Bass said:

Random said:

I think you're probably right (although I'm not familiar with Godwin's Law), however I don't think this was Beck's point. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs, or maybe i misunderstood what you are saying, but from the clip i watched (the one that zombipanda posted) it seemed to me that Beck wasn't trying to win an argument or gain sympathy as much as he was trying to evoke an emotional response from his viewers; to rally them to a cause. After 9-11-01 something absolutely incredible happened. I was living in New York State at the time in a city called Ithaca. Ithaca, NY is one of the most liberal cities in the US and I am politically conservative, a Christian, and a Canadian. Three things for which i got mercilessly teased. (Well, I didn't really get made fun of for being a Christian, I just written off as being 'intolerant' a lot).

9-11 was like America got kicked in the balls. They went from being untouchable to very vulnerable in just a few hours. It shook the spirit of the nation and whitled away a lot of the arrogance that just is a natural part of belonging to the most powerful nation in the world. But it also bolstered national unity and pride. In the six months after 9-11 two things happened, 1) Church attendance increased by something like 50% across the nation, and 2) the sale of American flags soared. Everyone had one...on their car, on their house, on their backpack, etc.

I think what Glenn Beck was getting at in his 9-12 principle is that he wants Americans to get back to the way they felt on September 12th: vulnerable (and feeling like maybe I'm not as secure in this life as I thought I was...maybe I do need God), and really patriotic.

I think Glenn Beck is a bit of a weirdo, and using 9-11 to manipulate emotions is in pretty bad taste, but if i understand where he's going with this based on the little bit that I watched (and maybe I didn't), I can't say that I disagree with him in principle.

I think you're probably right (although I'm not familiar with Godwin's Law), however I don't think this was Beck's point. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs, or maybe i misunderstood what you are saying, but from the clip i watched (the one that zombipanda posted) it seemed to me that Beck wasn't trying to win an argument or gain sympathy as much as he was trying to evoke an emotional response from his viewers; to rally them to a cause. After 9-11-01 something absolutely incredible happened. I was living in New York State at the time in a city called Ithaca. Ithaca, NY is one of the most liberal cities in the US and I am politically conservative, a Christian, and a Canadian. Three things for which i got mercilessly teased. (Well, I didn't really get made fun of for being a Christian, I just written off as being 'intolerant' a lot).

9-11 was like America got kicked in the balls. They went from being untouchable to very vulnerable in just a few hours. It shook the spirit of the nation and whitled away a lot of the arrogance that just is a natural part of belonging to the most powerful nation in the world. But it also bolstered national unity and pride. In the six months after 9-11 two things happened, 1) Church attendance increased by something like 50% across the nation, and 2) the sale of American flags soared. Everyone had one...on their car, on their house, on their backpack, etc.

I think what Glenn Beck was getting at in his 9-12 principle is that he wants Americans to get back to the way they felt on September 12th: vulnerable (and feeling like maybe I'm not as secure in this life as I thought I was...maybe I do need God), and really patriotic.

I think Glenn Beck is a bit of a weirdo, and using 9-11 to manipulate emotions is in pretty bad taste, but if i understand where he's going with this based on the little bit that I watched (and maybe I didn't), I can't say that I disagree with him in principle.

I get that, after 9/11 America really did rally together. You didn't see any big debates or arguments, people were really united. I guess that's what Ozymandias was going for. Too bad Bush ****ed up so bad that unity so bad we went right back to extreme separations of opinions

you think he's bad, you should watch Jack VanImpe and his wife Roxanne!

Oh, I know Jacky Boy. But what's scary about Robertson is his reach. But I'm from the south, son. We've got crazy local nutjobs on the air somewhere all day long.

captaincanuck65 said:
Fox is still in business b/c, believe it or not, there is still a large portion of the North American population that is conservative, you just don't hear about them b/c they only have one media outlet...FOX - and all the other liberal media outlets make fun of it.

Please. FOX doesn't spit news. It spits rhetoric. You can spit all you want about the news being "liberal" but the only liberal outlets are few and far between. Props to Amy Goodman. CNN isn't right-wing. It's not good news. But it's got nothing on the paunchy, white smugness of FOX. Every anchor's a pundit, even if they don't claim to be. But that's all inconsequential, really. They're all whores to their corporate masters.

So he wants people to feel..... shell-shocked?

Really, I think it's a false argument. As an American, what I remember is a rapid, hateful flash of xenophobia. I remember some colorful racial slurs. I remember ignorant and narrow idolatry posing as patriotism.

Putting a flag on your car doesn't make you a patriot.

LEAVE FOX ALONE!! LEAVE IT ALLOOONE!! I'M SERIOUS LEAVE IT ALONE!

Hey, often I do find that Glen Beck can have a point when it comes to money, fiscally I'm of a very conservative mind-set, but basically any time he talks about anything else, I find him to be a fear-mongering ape.

All that is wrong with Fox News in two words:

Sean Hannity

All of Fox's political analysts, seem to get together for a brunch to come up with various ways to re-write history to canonize succesful republican people and ideas, an demonize anything that can be remotley identified as right-wing. they preach about bipartisan ship, but what they really want is a "everybody shut the **** up and listen to me".

I call it "Their stuff is ****, and my **** is stuff" syndrome

Last edited:
I don't know, I thought the thrust of his message was that we should go back to being blindly patriotic and terrified of a vaguely defined enemy.

That attitude really worked for us, didn't it?

Oh wait, no it didn't.

Latest posts

Back