FOX News

Value No. 3
I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

Is honesty really such a difficult thing to do that we have to improve on it every day? Is there really that much to chip away in most people's lives?

Last edited:
Value No. 3
I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

Is honesty really such a difficult thing to do that we have to improve on it every day? Is there really that much to chip away in most people's lives?

plus there's a loophole their

It's o.k to be a lying bastard today, if I'm a slightly less lying bastard tomorrow

you think he's bad, you should watch Jack VanImpe and his wife Roxanne!

Yeah, compared to them Robertson looks almost, kinda sane. I've watched these people when I've been up late and there was nothing else on. Creepy ****. As long as we are talking about crazy-*** televangelists I think it would be a shame if we didn't throw John Hagee's hat into the mix. No one can say something as loud as he can, maybe not even O'Reilly.

So he wants people to feel..... shell-shocked?

Really, I think it's a false argument. As an American, what I remember is a rapid, hateful flash of xenophobia. I remember some colorful racial slurs. I remember ignorant and narrow idolatry posing as patriotism.

Putting a flag on your car doesn't make you a patriot.

Sure, that was definitely there too. People lash out in anger and hatred toward those who hurt them. And shell shocked is a good way to describe the initial reaction. Trauma brings out the best and worst in people; it gives you an option: either reflect and readjust your life in a positve way, or hang on to the anger and lash out. A lot of both happened. People turned to God for comfort and to provide answers that life just doesn't give unless you believe in something more than the physical; but people also used God and religion as an excuse to be hateful (something that's happened all throughout history). In the same way some people became fiercely patriotic and others bcame narrow and ignorant and called it patriotism (as you said). The reaction of Americans after 9-11 wasn't as positive as beck is making it out to be, but I don't believe it was as blanketly negative as you are portraying either. I don't know enough about Glen Beck to know if he's just trying to latch onto the positive reactions of Americans or if he's just the manipulative fear-monger like you're making him out to be.

The Overlord said:
But what's more scary, Beck's War Room or Stephen Colbert's Doom Bunker?
oh wait, Beck's the war room guy?

never mind, you're right.

did you guys see The Colbert Report tonight? it made fun of Glenn Beck's 9-12 project...i was laughing so hard i was crying!

The latest FOX news expose was about a system in Massachusetts which pays for other peoples gas and flat tires.

It's called the Care vans, which go around the highways and help stranded people because their cars are broken down. It's awesome and one of the best things Mass has in it.

The way FOX spun it?

"Forgot to fill your tank? Didn't replace that flat tire? No problem, Massachusetts TAX PAYERS will pay that for you! Tonight at ten, we will show you the SECRET TOILET DRAIN OF THE HIGHWAYS!"

The latest FOX news expose was about a system in Massachusetts which pays for other peoples gas and flat tires.

It's called the Care vans, which go around the highways and help stranded people because their cars are broken down. It's awesome and one of the best things Mass has in it.

The way FOX spun it?

"Forgot to fill your tank? Didn't replace that flat tire? No problem, Massachusetts TAX PAYERS will pay that for you! Tonight at ten, we will show you the SECRET TOILET DRAIN OF THE HIGHWAYS!"

Is it not paid for by tax payers?

To be honest, I wouldn't want my tax money going to that.

If they spend all day driving in hopes of a stranded motorists, yeah it's a huge waste. But the way Fox spins it, is just ridiculous

If they spend all day driving in hopes of a stranded motorists, yeah it's a huge waste. But the way Fox spins it, is just ridiculous

It's over the top but I don't think it's ridiculous.

If it's not actually tax funded it is very ridiculous.

As far as I know, it's people working off community service hours. The Vans themselves are probably being funded by the state.

And they are awesome, being someone who did get stranded once on the way home, they are extremely helpful and get the job done quickly and honestly.

Latest posts

Back