Fringe (Spoilers)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Fringe is the new creation from JJ Abrams. It's about an FBI agent, a mad scientist and his son investigating weird paranormal events. I guess it's like an updated version of X-Files, and it seems like it's going to be the new Lost.

The trailer is here.

It should be good.

Re: Fringe

The only thing that scares me is, "From J.J. Abrams and the writers of Transformers!"

I'll hold off my judgment until I manage to see the show, but the trailer wasn't all that gripping.

And JJ Abrams is a man who loves him some airplanes.

Meh. Looks more like the new Alias(total meh) than the new LOST, and really just seems like standard Sci-Fi channel stuff at best, maybe with a little more budget and less comedy. It also seems much more suited to a mini-series than a seasons-long TV show(which the directions LOST has been forced to take due to the demands of dozens of actors' personal lives is starting to convince me might be a much better medium for this sort of thing).

Also, "from J.J. Abrams" could mean he got up, called a friend and said "I had a dream about a guy's face melting on a plane or something last night, and I think there was a cow in a high-tech machine at one part... man, I don't even know. Anyway, write that down and I'll give you some more input after I see a season of the show".

Meh.

Last edited:

Also, "from J.J. Abrams" could mean he got up, called a friend and said "I had a dream about a guy's face melting on a plane or something last night, and I think there was a cow in a high-tech machine at one part... man, I don't even know. Anyway, write that down and I'll give you some more input after I see a season of show."

"Oh. And get the guys who wrote the live-action Transformers movie to work on it!"

The idea is intriguing. A show about mad science. The beginning of the trailer was interesting, but the rest was. . .vague. Anyways, I've heard good things about the pilot script, so I'll give it a try. We'll see if it's worth anything.

I'm more excited about Dollhouse, though.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

Also, seems like this show is also going to have a set of numbers involved... the Fibonacci Sequence.

Some other versions of posters and some new ones (a girl with one leg and a face inside cigarette smoke) can be found here: http://fringe-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38. There are little golden circles everywhere...

Last edited:

[YOUTUBE]6ZSqCskOxm4[/YOUTUBE]​

I'll watch this. Might as well. Now I'll have something to watch on all the big networks, except for CBS.

The pilot has been leaked, 80 something days before the premiere. Downloading now.

I watched the pilot. Wow. I am impressed. It's just as entertaining and interesting as the Alias/Lost pilots. I think this is going to be my new favourite show, especially with all of this weird science going on.

And now Fox will probably cancel it.

I watched the pilot. Wow. I am impressed. It's just as entertaining and interesting as the Alias/Lost pilots. I think this is going to be my new favourite show, especially with all of this weird science going on.

And now Fox will probably cancel it.

Half way through the pilot at that. They won't even finish airing it, it'll just go to commercial and come back as Cops.

Fringe

I swear to god, if Fox cancels this, I'm murdering someone.

This show is everything X-Files should have been. Conspiracies, super science, mysterious government organizations. I absolutely loved it.

Thanks for combining this, I searched and couldn't find an existing thread

Last edited:

I swear to god, if Fox cancels this, I'm murdering someone.

This show is everything X-Files should have been. Conspiracies, super science, mysterious government organizations. I absolutely loved it.

Thanks for combining this, I searched and couldn't find an existing thread

Agreed. This was absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see where this all goes.

I was very impressed. All well done.

But it is funny seeing the comparisons to LOST. An airplane being involved, for one. And like Lost having the different stations, this having what I just call 'different branches' --- leaf, hand, frog, etc. It doesn't bother me, but just noticing it seemed funny.

I can't wait for more. Joshua Jackson did a great job. And having Mark Valley (Keen Eddie) appear was cool, too.

Latest posts

Back