Green Lantern series discussion (Spoilers!)

Seriously, all these new Lanterns seem way too powerful. I just don't see how Green Lanterns can win.

And they will be a Dues Ex Machina, and that scares me.

They've got backup from the Blues, Indigos, and maybe Star Sapphires.

I could see all the Corps teaming up to take down the Black Lanterns.

I can't see Red teaming up with anyone.

Orange won't team up with anyone either, because they are too self centered.

I'm just worried that it's all going to end with a Dues Ex Machina.

I can't see Red teaming up with anyone.

Orange won't team up with anyone either, because they are too self centered.

I'm just worried that it's all going to end with a Dues Ex Machina.

Well the simple fact that Atrocitus has previously searched for the black lantern, I'd say He may try to take control of the black lanterns thus either joining that side or trying to manipulate the other corps into joining the fight. Orange might join for the simple fact he seems to eventually want every ring in his possesion. I could even see an indirect team up.

New issue was pretty good.
I don't really know who this fatality girl is, she kinda popped out of nowhere, i know she was in a couple issues ago, but i did not even know her name.
I felt a bit lost like i should know who this character is, but i have not seen her at all in the whole of Johns run i'm sure of it.
Also i did not see her running around in the Sinestro Corps War story?

Does anyone think Hal will get a Orange ring, he does not strike me as the greedy type?

The orange light feels pretty close to the whole black lantern thing with the constructs kind of being zombie like?

New issue was pretty good.
I don't really know who this fatality girl is, she kinda popped out of nowhere, i know she was in a couple issues ago, but i did not even know her name.
I felt a bit lost like i should know who this character is, but i have not seen her at all in the whole of Johns run i'm sure of it.
Also i did not see her running around in the Sinestro Corps War story?

Does anyone think Hal will get a Orange ring, he does not strike me as the greedy type?

The orange light feels pretty close to the whole black lantern thing with the constructs kind of being zombie like?

When John Stewart got cocky on an alien planet once and found out he couldn't do anything because of the yellow impurity, it resulted in the destruction of the planet.

Fatality was one such species and sore to make him pay for the mistake, and started hunting many Green Lantern's in the process. She got a yellow ring similar to Sinestro's before the Sinestro Corps was started. It was stated in a couple places that she became a member.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to talk about this, but I finally got around to reading Green Lantern: Rebirth

Brilliant stuff, fantastic art, really great stuff.

Though there was alot of continuity stuff I wasn't prepared for, since my proximity to DC characters to this point has been close to nothing. Still read great.

Kinda puts Nova too shame......thats still a good book though, GL fans should give it a chance.

Next up Green Lantern #1

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to talk about this, but I finally got around to reading Green Lantern: Rebirth

Brilliant stuff, fantastic art, really great stuff.

Though there was alot of continuity stuff I wasn't prepared for, since my proximity to DC characters to this point has been close to nothing. Still read great.

Kinda puts Nova too shame......thats still a good book though, GL fans should give it a chance.

Next up Green Lantern #1

yep, it was really great!

Does anyone know if there's a tpb collecting the Emerald Fallout story arc (in which the JLA confront Hal Jordan/Parallax right after he destroys the corps in Guy Gardener: Warrior #18-21)?

same question for Day of Judgement (the miniseries in which Hal's spirit becomes the new host for the Spectre)

More and more people here are getting into GL. It looks like TOG sacrificing all of those virgins is starting to pay off.

I like Agent Orange. Or as the end of the issues says Agent Blue? I wonder how Hal will get his arm back on.

So we seen the origin of Larfleeze, but I wonder if we will see the origin of Orange Lantern? It seems to have been there before.

Nice set-up to Sinestro going to Zamaron and stuff with the Black Lanterns.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

I like Agent Orange. Or as the end of the issues says Agent Blue? I wonder how Hal will get his arm back on.

So we seen the origin of Larfleeze, but I wonder if we will see the origin of Orange Lantern? It seems to have been there before.

Nice set-up to Sinestro going to Zamaron and stuff with the Black Lanterns.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Yeah this was great! I can't wait for BN. This (and GL Corps) has been some of the best reading out there each month for a while now.

It has been hinted at that each color has its own entity that drives it (Ie, Parallax, Ion etc) . That is what I would like to see. Especially for orange and red.

Does anyone know if there's a tpb collecting the Emerald Fallout story arc (in which the JLA confront Hal Jordan/Parallax right after he destroys the corps in Guy Gardener: Warrior #18-21)?

same question for Day of Judgement (the miniseries in which Hal's spirit becomes the new host for the Spectre)

I don't think so.

So I'm slowly getting back into things after a hiatus of just Daredevil keeping me going. I recently picked up all the GLC books, then the Sinestro Corp HCs. I've got Johns run on GL coming in HC too now. The whole multiple Corp idea is too cool for me to pass on. Unfortunatly I think I'll be sticking to the collections on this. Which means I'll be reading Agent Orange in november.

Sigh.

At least Blackest Night should get a quicker collection since its an "event".

And it really bugs me that the latest GLC collection is going to be in HC. I mean I'm a format whore all the way, but god damn it they should match.

Now for some meat.

Tomasi on GLC is great. Gibbons run had a very going through the motions feel. And he didn't have Guy right. He's supposed to be an arrogant ***, but we're supposed to like him, not get annoyed at him showing up. Tomasi hits Guy just right. He's cocky, but only because he's right. And Kyles his partner. Honestly, that would have been enough for me 5 years ago, add in Mongul, the planet of Black Mercies, The Star Sapphires and everything else and I'm sold. Keep the man on it for as long as you can.

The SInestro Corp War was nothing short of epic. When the One Shot came out I was skeptical of The Anti-Monitor being in it, but with the introduction of him being the Guardian of the Sinestro Corp I was sold. Add in everything else from the Battle of Mogo to SuperMan Prime just biding his time on AM. It was great. And Sodam Yat! The Daxamite Lantern! I was chuckling to myself the entire time as he survived everything to everyone elses surprise. I can't imagine what reading it would be like if you didn't know who the Daxamites are. Probably pretty confusing. Lets keep this guy around.

I guess I'm saying I like it. I loved the Rebirth/Recharge minis from a few years ago and I was pretty disappointed in the ongoings that launched out of them. I'm glad things turned around so much.

Next up after GL? Hell, I dunno. I hear Final Crisis reads well collected. And I'm going to have to pick up Legion of Three Worlds since its connected to this and is going to relaunch Adventure Comics.

Its good to be back.

Awesome. The Guardians made a deal with Larfleeze - he would stop fighting and they would tell him where to find a blue ring. He then attacks the Blue Lanterns.

The dead are starting to rise...

Awesome. The Guardians made a deal with Larfleeze - he would stop fighting and they would tell him where to find a blue ring. He then attacks the Blue Lanterns.

The dead are starting to rise...

The Guardians are *****es. They seen how powerful both lights are and want them to destroy each other I think.

I loved how Hal got his ring to work.

And some interesting parts with Fatality and how her home planet plays into the War Of Light.

In Blackest Night next.

Issue 43.

I Love Geoff Johns.
I am so glad i started reading Green Lantern when Sinestro Corps War came about.
This issue is focused on The Black Hand,
From when he was a little kid and his obsession with death.
Stuffing the pet dog and putting it in his room going into therapy .
Finding the device that the red lantern Atrocious drops the device.
Figures out how to use it and fights Green Lanterns and then goes back to sleeping in a grave.

The Current time line with the Green Lantern Reborn with the Spectare destroys his hand and then later gets stolen by the goblin things in the first or second trade.
He gets experimented on, everyone looking for the 'Black'.
They drop him off and then now he can reform his hand by taking the life energy from things.

Current Day William (The Black Hand) goes home to his parents house.
He proceeds to kill his brothers, his dad and then his mum.

Spoiling for the endind which blew me away as a ending i was never thinking about, Johns I Love the Green Lantern series.
Finally to embrace the Black, the Black Hand kills himself with the guardian Scar hovering with the unknown black voice from the end of Green Lantern 25, and Scar revives the Black Hand as a Black Lantern. The End.

Latest posts

Back