Guitar Hero 3

I'm not sure why you are pissed at Activision because you can't find another Rock Band guitar. Why *should* they allow someone to release unlicensed software that would take money away from them?

That's like getting pissed at Microsoft because Sony won't let them make the 360 controller PS3-compatible.

It's the hardware I want, not software. They should allow unliscensed perifials to go both ways because more units of both will be sold-a mutually beneficial deal!

Both games can be played with 2 guitars. Each game comes with 1 guitar. There is a percieved "savings" in buying the guitar bundled with the game rather than seperately. Also, for the next few months at least, there is NO competition for single additional controllers in the PS3 market. Resonable people will not buy an EXTRA Rock Band Set or and EXTRA GH3 set just to play two player. A reasonable person might buy BOTH games with guitars though. I know I would.

Also:

1. The controllers DO basically the same things. They are functionally identical, yet there is software that keeps them from working right. That is annoying to me since it basically is there to be an inconvienience. Any company that does things specifically to inconvieniance their customers shouldn't be surprised at losing customers.

2. Hamonix and Activision agreed on Guitar perifial standards for compatability purposes. They both kept to these standards. Without any warning, Activision decided to block compatability. (Annoying, still, their decision)

They are welcome to do whatever they want, it's their company--but as a consumer, I have every right to be upset with companies who annoy me through business practices that blatantly ignore both the desires of the consumers and plain smart business sense.

Last edited:
You mean one of those guitars that's like, two guitars?

Because that's the technical term.

SIMPSONS QUOTE FTW!

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

I want to do a picture of that scene from SUPERMAN THE MOVIE where Superman and Lois are flying and Lois thinks, "Can you read my mind?" and put V's head over Superman and Eve's over Lois.

Bass has an advantage though with this game. He was at one point a very successful musician. Here is proof

Heck, Bass was so good at Guitar Hero, they started naming one of the multiplayer mode options after him in GH2, 3, and even Rock Band.

Okay so what songs do you hate on GHIII? For me it's the Sonic Youth song, and "Cult of Personality". Also, they could have chosen a better Red Hot Chili Peppers song.

Okay so what songs do you hate on GHIII? For me it's the Sonic Youth song, and "Cult of Personality". Also, they could have chosen a better Red Hot Chili Peppers song.

I loathe Sonic Youth because they are untalented hacks. I just skipped over that song.

Cult of Personality is OK but is harder than it should be.

The problem is, on hard - you can't 'skip' songs on career. :|

So when you hit a song you can't stand to play and it's REALLY hard to play, you kinda grind to a halt.

Bit like the ice levels on every platformer ever.

So when you hit a song you can't stand to play and it's REALLY hard to play, you kinda grind to a halt.

Exactly.

Ah. I'm still on medium - I'm not brave enough to try songs on hard yet. On medium you're allowed to skip one song per group.

Latest posts

Back