HBO discussion

Re: HBO Series

Agreed. I don't think anyone said otherwise. I just can't stand Sookie (which is a retarded name btw), and I really don't get why both of them are fascinated by her. This may sound a bit gay, but both are way above her league.

I was talking about earlier posts but yes, Sookie kind of is a pain in the ***. I'd also prefer that they focus more on the actual vampires. Except for Sam I could care less about any of the side characters.

Just got done watching the 4th episode. I think this season is shaping up to be better than the last one. The vampire hotel was pretty cool and I liked the interaction between Eric and Bill. I have to say that Jessica is now my favorite character. I think she's smokin'. Maybe I just have a thing for redheads.

Hmmm. Why all the Paquin hate? I think she looks pretty good myself. When she first started out as Rogue in the first X-Men movie and even in films like 25th Hour, I didn't find her all that attractive but I think she's blossomed a bit. Definitely has a smokin' body, and if you've watched enough of True Blood to see the liberal amount of it they've shown, you have to be gay not to agree (not that there's anything wrong with that, just sayin').

The show itself is good. Yes, Sookie can be pretty annoying sometimes but she is the main character, period. The books that the show is based on are known as the "Sookie Stackhouse novels" so if you have a problem with her character, you're just going to have to deal with it. The show's good... definitely a better vampire story than any of this Twilight crap. I don't like vampires to sparkle in the sunlight, play baseball or completely swear off of human blood. That's stupid.

I've been enjoying the escalations in the story this season, and I'll agree with anyone who thinks Jessica is an excellent character (though she is not in any of the books) played by a beautiful girl. I love me some redheads! Eric is also shaping up to be a really central part of the story.

I still think Lafayette is the best supporting character in the whole story. His "what yall lookin' at, you bunch of ugly *** 'necks?" line from the last episode made me do a spittake.

On another note, anyone watch Hung and if so, is there any way to have a "Mature Audiences" thread to discuss such a show? It's gold.

I need to see the latest episode still but I am hooked on the show.

Jessica is hot. I love Eric and Lafayette.

Bill's maker was pretty hot also.

While I'm not "hooked" I've watched enough of TB this season to get the first one to understand a little bit of what is going on. From my stand point, I do agree that Sookie has amazing body. Last episode my jaw completely dropped, I didn't know Rogue did nude scenes. Apart from her body, she's got very little talent. When she was yelling at Bill's maker or whatever it was so forced and awful. She basically won an Emmy for her ****. Sorry. As far as characters go, I don't ever know what's going on with him, but Sam seems to be my favorite. The way he delivers "f" words is hilarious to me for some reason.

Also -- Hung? That show makes me MISERABLE. Predictable and sappy in every way.

Finally I agree with Goodwill on something.

:lol: You make that sound like it's painful to admit.

Also -- aside from Sam, I think the guy that runs the Church (you know, the loon that keeps on saying stuff like "You are going to hell, and you are going there today") is a favorite of mine, too. Is he in much of the first season?

:lol: You make that sound like it's painful to admit.

Also -- aside from Sam, I think the guy that runs the Church (you know, the loon that keeps on saying stuff like "You are going to hell, and you are going there today") is a favorite of mine, too. Is he in much of the first season?

He's not in the first season; he's also a favorite of mine and a comics fan to boot.

I have watched Carnivale - superb show, ROME, Band of Brothers, and John Adams.

I am thinking I will watch either Dead Wood or The Wire next. Any suggestions?

I have watched Carnivale - superb show, ROME, Band of Brothers, and John Adams.

I am thinking I will watch either Dead Wood or The Wire next. Any suggestions?

Both of these are great. The Wire is my personal favorite, but Deadwood is also quite good.

As far as I'm concerned, these two are the best things HBO has put out.

There are a bunch of HBO shows coming up I'm excited for - Bored to Death, with Jason Schwartzman as a writer who becomes an amateur detective along with Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis; The Pacific, from the same creative team as Band of Brothers featuring that kid from Jurassic Park; and there's something I can't remember the name of, something Scorsese is doing with Steve Buscemi.

I forgot to mention that I finished season two of Six Feet Under the other day. I love it. I need to watch season three RIGHT NOW.

I had started season two of The Wire but I don't want to watch it... because I know I'm going to get addicted like I did with the second half of season one and I don't want to do that yet because season five hasn't been released here and I don't want to watch all four seasons only to have to wait another year for season five.

Latest posts

Back