House of M series discussion (spoilers)

The whole "Peter has always really wanted Gwen" story was done unbelievably well in the Earth X trilogy which is only a couple of years old. Ground-breaking my ***...

oofta...

That one one good comic book.

like... yeah.

I have to reiterate how much I love Magneto's portrayal

Bass said:
The whole "Peter has always really wanted Gwen" story was done unbelievably well in the Earth X trilogy which is only a couple of years old. Ground-breaking my ***...

Yeah, the Spidey special was excellent.

Bass said:
The whole "Peter has always really wanted Gwen" story was done unbelievably well in the Earth X

Yes, Earth X was awesome. :D

thought it was cool overalll - i'm sure its gwen that pete is married to too!

one thing that kinda narked me tho was that wolverine was still wearing the 'X' on his uniform (belt) though he's an avenger now!

With the whole gwen thing, if gwen had lived, peter would have ended up with her instead of MJ, so if i was Mj, i know i would be kinda 2nd choice!

A little off topic, but I think we should start a thread or somewhere have a reminder every Tuesday or Monday of what House of M stuff's coming out the next comic day.

Also, prior to HOM #1, what were the names of the HOM-related issues and issue #'s that came out?

Sorry if this is way OT, I can't find a better place to put it in. Someone can merge it if they'd like. :D

Decent intro, though I had serious problems with the way Cap was drawn. He looked like an inflatable toy, and his pompous expression and stuffed-shirt idealism in the face of logic was way over the top. A soldier's gotta do what he's gotta do. Bendis just doesn't get the character.

Now, if that was Ultimate Cap, he would have gone rogue and Wanda would have already been iced before the issue began.

Finally, as far as Peter Parker's bedmate, Gwen seems so obvious that the question most likely was already answered by that very series of panels. They literally shouted "Hey look! Gwen's back again!"

But if Bendis REALLY wanted to throw a curve out there, the blonde in the bed could be:

a) Betty (which prompts Archie to become the Green Goblin).

b) J. Jenna Jameson, who's now running the Bugle.

c) The Supergirl from Krypton, Linda Lee Danvers.

d) Aunt May (we're talking serious reality-altering here).

e) Sue Storm and/or Jessica Alba.

d) A mutated embodiment of Gwen, MJ, Black Cat, that secretary at the Bugle, and Kirsten Dunst.

Of course, if they want to really change stuff permanently, it will be Gwen, she will die again (or maybe we'll have an action-packed divorce arc), and Spidey will have several hundred issues to pad out his private life with various romances.

I personally think one of the purposes of this whole House of M reboot is to get Parker single again, since they've run out ideas for Spider-Man's Lois Lane.

Wonder-Man will come back as the Vision, the Sentry will morph back into Thor, um, and Hawkeye will be one of the kids Wanda finally delivers. The other twin will be Ultron.

Peter Parker's wailing new kid? Easy. Uncle Ben.

However, Magneto will be overthrown as the King of Spain by Conan the Barbarian. The Hulk will become a gentle do-gooder except when he gets a little peeved, in which case he transforms himself into an insanely enraged little chemist who keeps shouting "BANNER SMASH!", but who keeps getting kicked to the curb by anybody over 97 pounds.

Reed Richards will finally release the walking formula he'd been jokingly keeping from Prof. X, who will turn the mutant school into a professional dance studio. Dr. Strange will be outed as "The Amazing Kreskin."

Batman will find out everything that has transpired, finally forcing a Glock-wielding Cap to end the Dark Knight's self-pitying misery once and for all. Bruce Wayne finds he's not so fearsome once he gets to hell.

Thus. the fate of two universes will be decided by a jello-wrestling match between Wonder Woman and She-Hulk.

This will lead into Infinite Crisis.

Parthuman said:
Decent intro, though I had serious problems with the way Cap was drawn. He looked like an inflatable toy, and his pompous expression and stuffed-shirt idealism in the face of logic was way over the top. A soldier's gotta do what he's gotta do. Bendis just doesn't get the character.

Now, if that was Ultimate Cap, he would have gone rogue and Wanda would have already been iced before the issue began.

Finally, as far as Peter Parker's bedmate, Gwen seems so obvious that the question most likely was already answered by that very series of panels. They literally shouted "Hey look! Gwen's back again!"

But if Bendis REALLY wanted to throw a curve out there, the blonde in the bed could be:

d) A mutated embodiment of Gwen, MJ, Black Cat, that secretary at the Bugle, and Kirsten Dunst.

Of course, if they want to really change stuff permanently, it will be Gwen, she will die again (or maybe we'll have an action-packed divorce arc), and Spidey will have several hundred issues to pad out his private life with various romances.

I personally think one of the purposes of this whole House of M reboot is to get Parker single again, since they've run out ideas for Spider-Man's Lois Lane.

Wonder-Man will come back as the Vision, the Sentry will morph back into Thor, um, and Hawkeye will be one of the kids Wanda finally delivers. The other twin will be Ultron.

However, Magneto will be overthrown as the King of Spain by Conan the Barbarian. The Hulk will become a gentle do-gooder except when he gets a little peeved, in which case he transforms himself into an insanely enraged little chemist who keeps shouting "BANNER SMASH!", but who keeps getting kicked to the curb by anybody over 97 pounds.

Reed Richards will finally release the walking formula he'd been jokingly keeping from Prof. X, who will turn the mutant school into a professional dance studio. Dr. Strange will be outed as "The Amazing Kreskin."

Batman will find out everything that has transpired, finally forcing a Glock-wielding Cap to end the Dark Knight's self-pitying misery once and for all. Bruce Wayne finds he's not so fearsome once he gets to hell.

Thus. the fate of two universes will be decided by a jello-wrestling match between Wonder Woman and She-Hulk.

I'm lost at words of your post. :neutral:

Damn you Parthuman!

You just spoiled the whole series for me! :D

Firstly Parthuman, I doubt that Gwen will become permanent. Bendis, considering himself an integral artist, would never undercut Stan Lee's story like that. Also, JMS has stated he enjoys the new dynamic of Spidey being with the New Avengers, and it would be extremely bad form for such a major change to occur outside the Spidey books.

Secondly, the reason Cap is all do-gooder idealism is not because Bendis doesn't get Cap, but rather, as you state, this is 616 Cap and not Ult Cap.

Thirdly, I agree with everything else you've said.

Especially the jello-stuff.

Parthuman said:

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ :shock: you are my new god :shock: .................................

Bass said:
Secondly, the reason Cap is all do-gooder idealism is not because Bendis doesn't get Cap, but rather, as you state, this is 616 Cap and not Ult Cap.

Yeah, I know, but it's an extreme 616 Cap. Look at the mean devil Ed Brubaker's been conjuring up over in CA's regular series. He's got Cap jumping out of airplanes without a 'chute, pushing bad guys off of trains to their death. From Disassembled on, this Bendis Cap just seems to stand around and moralize.

Latest posts

Back