How many members here are Christians?

I think "darn you" is a euphanism for "d**m you".

You do you keep bringing up the Catholics?

I'm not a Catholic-Catholics are Pagans and idol-worshipers. No where in the Bible does it say that Christians are to worship the Virgin Mary.

It is written in Psalms 97:7:

Let all those be ashamed who serve graven images, Who boast themselves of idols; Worship Him, all you gods.

First of all, never once in any of the services I attended did we ever worship Mary. We revere her as the Holy Mother of God, we don't put her above God at all, there's a difference.

I'm not a Catholic-Catholics are Pagans and idol-worshipers. No where in the Bible does it say that Christians are to worship the Virgin Mary.

Let all those be ashamed who serve graven images, Who boast themselves of idols; Worship Him, all you gods.
I was raised Catholic and I am highly offended by being called a pagan.

Can we ban him now?

I was raised Catholic and I am highly offended by being called a pagan.
I, too, was raised Catholic.

However, unlike McCheese, I don't find it offensive to be called a "pagan" by a narrow-minded fundamentalist like Mavericker.

In fact, the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II) -- which Seldes brought up and I commented on earlier in this thread -- went a long way towards accepting so-called "pagan" rituals, or folk Catholicism (e.g nature worship, the use of totems) as acceptable ways of practicing the Apostolic Tradition -- assuming, of course, it does not contradict or warp the 'mainstream' of Scripture and Tradition, in its teachings. So, if anything, I have nothing but respect for "pagans".

Can we ban him now?
Just ignore him, really. (Either screen out his posts altogether, or just don't respond to them.) I don't think it will make a difference, one way or another.

He never responds to any of our posts in a rational way. He's obviously got a limited viewpoint, and he's content with sticking to it. There's no use in arguing with him.

I don't know whether he believes that he's "evangelizing" or winning over "converts" with his behavior, but his attitude speaks for itself. Even if somebody here agreed with his beliefs, I doubt they'd want to be associated with an individual who conducts himself the way he does.

Last edited:
The Bible is not silent on the proper use of human language. Paul wrote:

"Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for edifying as the need may be, that it may give grace to them that hear" (Eph. 4:29).

It says it Deut.-"You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain. For the Lord will not leave unpunished him who takes His name in vain."

So, using the Lord's name in vain is bad, but where does the Bible say "F-ck you" is wrong?

Is it a sin to call someone a douchebag?

I tried to be nice. I really did.

But Mavericker, you are one of the most ignorant people I have ever had the displeasure of debating with. Next time, try researching the Catholic faith before blindly following the person who told you that. Good day, sir.

I tried to be nice. I really did.

But Mavericker, you are one of the most ignorant people I have ever had the displeasure of debating with. Next time, try researching the Catholic faith before blindly following the person who told you that. Good day, sir.

Yep, I'm Cathiloc and I can say with first hand experience we are not pagans and don't not worship the virgin Mary, though we do think she's a cool chick

Yep, I'm Cathiloc and I can say with first hand experience we are not pagans and do not worship the virgin Mary, though we do think she's a cool chick
Um, yeah, technically, we *do* worship her -- every time we pray the "Hail Mary", or say the Rosary: "... Blessed are you amongst all women/ And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus/ Holy Mary, mother of God/ Pray for us sinners"... "Holy" and "Blessed" are undisputably words of worship.

"Worshipping" her, I should point out, does not mean we (i.e. Catholics, in general) regard her as divine. We believe her Virgin Mother status was an act of God's intercession, and thus regard her as the sacred vessel of God's human incarnation. To me, personally, that's enough reason to have a special prayer dedicated to her, and to seek her help (or, to use the technical term, intercession) in letting our prayers/devotions reach the Lord.

Just the same, I don't quite think this qualifies as "paganism" -- at least how it's popularly understood. I suspect that Mav, as usual, has a very specific definition of the term in mind :roll:

Last edited:
"Worshipping" her, I should point out, does not mean we (i.e. Catholics, in general) regard her as divine. We believe her Virgin Mother status was an act of God's intercession, and thus regard her as the sacred vessel of God's human incarnation. To me, personally, that's enough reason to have a special prayer dedicated to her, and to seek her help (or, to use the technical term, intercession) in letting our prayers/devotions reach the Lord.

Yeah, so basically she's a cool chick

Um, yeah, technically, we *do* worship her -- every time we pray the "Hail Mary", or say the Rosary: "... Blessed are you amongst all women/ And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus/ Holy Mary, mother of God/ Pray for us sinners"... "Holy" and "Blessed" are undisputably words of worship.

Just the same, I don't quite think this qualifies as "paganism" -- at least how it's popularly understood. I suspect that Mav, as usual, has a very specific definition of the term in mind :roll:

And like every other word he considers to be negative, it defines everyone who's not him.

Random said:
Yeah, so basically she's a cool chick

She's way cool. My next door neighbor dated her in middle school.

Last edited:
Honestly I really do think Mavericker is starting to push the boundries of what is acceptable here and what is not. Saying all Catholics are paganists and idol worshippers is like me, a strong atheist, saying all of Christianity is basically just fairy tales and voodoo...
I don't believe in a god and actually have a strong dislike of organised religion in general, but I would never directly attack anothers beliefs (Unless they were Scientologists - in which case all bets are off).

Surely he's got a perma ban waiting for him soon, all nice, warm, lubed up and ready to be inserted rectally.

I mean come on, the guy gets banned withing two days of returning EVERY TIME!

And that's over.
From the bottom of my apparently pagan heart, thank you.
Damn he's banned again!

We should start taking bets on how long he'll last when he comes back :lol:
I thought this one was the long promised perma-ban.
*Prays to lord Bass to smite him. Possibly with a baseball bat with a nail in it*
Fat chance. Bass isn't big on perma-bans and he's always been one of the least critical of Mavericker.

From the bottom of my apparently pagan heart, thank you.

Do you get a cape, and a costume with Pagan Boy on it? Offends narrow minded fundamentalist nutjobs in a single word.

I thought this one was the long promised perma-ban.

God I hope so. We need a parade if it is...

Fat chance. Bass isn't big on perma-bans and he's always been one of the least critical of Mavericker.

Who said anything about Bass perma banning him? I just want him to hit Mavericker with a baseball bat...

Latest posts

Back