Avengers Invincible Iron Man #1-6 "Extremis" discussion [spoilers]

Re: Invincible Iron Man by Ellis & Granov

Fuzzy Birds said:
But anyway, when you look at it, Tony himself hasn't changed all that much. He doesn't have powers. He doesn't have super vision or hearing, he simply controls the suit like an extra limb. The exoskeleton enables him to (I guess) instantly link with satellites and see things through their 'eyes'. He is simply a fusion of man and electronics, although not quite what you'd call a cyborg.
I have yet to pick up this series, but from my understanding of the changes to his powers, he is now more like The Drummer from Ellis' Planetary, or (perhaps more appropriately, considering his political influence) Mitchell Hundred/The Great Machine from Ex Machina. Is that it?

In fact, everything I've read about this series points to it being more like Marvel's answer to Ex Machina: the political overtones, the more grounded dialog, and so forth. Not quite a rip-off, but definitely within the same mode of story-telling.

Well, now that it's over and done with, I'll be able to read the story in one go.

Go back and read everything E said.......now replace his name on the post and imagine I said it. That's how much I agree.

I just read Extremis in the bookstore today and THIS should've UIM. Period. It's absolutely brilliant. Loved the art too. So. Damn. Beautiful.

Like E said....5/5 for the entire thing.

Yes, this would have been the perfect UIM. This is the greatest Iron Man story ever.

ProjectX2 said:
This is the greatest Iron Man story ever.

O man is it!!! Isn't this still ongoing? I could've sworn I say other issues.....or maybe they were other Iron Man comics with Granov's covers.

But to touch on what Compound mentioned---he does seem more like Hundred from "Ex Machina" now. I mean without the armor, from what I understand, he can still talk and control machines. But it's still bloody brilliant.

Iron Man's ongoing, but Granov only does the covers now.

Victor Von Doom said:
Go back and read everything E said.......now replace his name on the post and imagine I said it. That's how much I agree.

I just read Extremis in the bookstore today and THIS should've UIM. Period. It's absolutely brilliant. Loved the art too. So. Damn. Beautiful.

Like E said....5/5 for the entire thing.

:D

Glad you like.

This just arrived for me today :)
But i got lots others to read, 2 Ultimate Invincible Volumes
This will be the 1st ironman book ive ever read (his solo title, ive read Avengers/new avengers)

Well I liked it. It seemed a little short, but the art was cool and the story wll done. I think I'll be re-reading it sometime down the line

What about Knauf's Iron Man? Anyone read that yet?

Baxter said:
Well I liked it. It seemed a little short, but the art was cool and the story wll done. I think I'll be re-reading it sometime down the line

What about Knauf's Iron Man? Anyone read that yet?

I'm reading it. It's OK. He
brought back Sal and Maya
, although I haven't read the issue yet.

Latest posts

Back