Invincible

Seriously, with his work on Walking Dead, Ultimate X-Men and Invincible (among others), I seriously think that Kirkman is one of the best writers in comics _period_. This guy never fails to deliver a product that comes through. Even with all the criticism of his first few issues of UXM... he manages to turn lead into gold and blur the line between shyt and shinola.

KIRKMAN UBER ALLES!

And thanks for the newest issue of Invincible. It's awesome.

Last edited:
I just finished Vol.7 of the trade. Now come payday I'll grab al the subsequent issues from that and get caught up.

Loving this book. I couldn't get thru the trades fast enough.

Is there any greater feeling than finally catching up with a comic and now being able to share in the current adventures and conversation?

I'm finally caught up on this book and am totally loving it.

Is there any greater feeling than finally catching up with a comic and now being able to share in the current adventures and conversation?

Is there no worst feeling than finally catching up on a comic and no one wants to talk about it? Cause stuff like that happens to me all the time

I actually hate the fact that I've caught up to the current issues. It means that I have to wait a whole month to get a measly 40 pages of Invinci-action, whereas before, I could get hundreds of pages of trade paperbacks at my leisure.

It's still probably the best superhero comic book in the universe, though. :wink:

Invincible is alright, but alright means it can't compete in a world where I only have time to read awesome comics.

Invincible is alright, but alright means it can't compete in a world where I only have time to read awesome comics.

What age are you?

Seriously, I'm seventeen and it's the most relatable comic I've ever read. Maybe it's an age thing.

Everything Mark does or says in his day-to-day life makes sense to me in a way that a comic book character's actions never have before. I seriously can't enough of this comic.

I'm 16 turning 17 soon, and I can relate to Mark for a few things, but having a character that I can relate to in a comic does not automatically make it something I need to read. Even USM in the beginning had a Peter Parker everyone could relate to, and now look at how bad that's gotten.

I really like the art though.

I'm 16 turning 17 soon, and I can relate to Mark for a few things, but having a character that I can relate to in a comic does not automatically make it something I need to read. Even USM in the beginning had a Peter Parker everyone could relate to, and now look at how bad that's gotten.

Point made, I just find that I can relate to Mark on a startling level. I could never relate to Peter Parker and I still have difficulty understanding as to how so many people can. I find Invincible to be the perfect blend of drama, comedy, soap operatics and super heroics. Understandable that not everyone does.

I never base how I like a comic if I can relate to whoever or not. Just if it's a good story or bad.

That said, I haven't read Invincible, there was a time I wanted, but now I just don't worry about it. I think my comic shop still has the first HC.

I think the biggest draw to Invincible, for me anyways, is the feel of balancing Mark's real life.

It's very reminiscant of Spiderman when he first started out.

Also...not many comics focus on the secret identity thing anymore. You rarely see Batman juggling the Bruce Wayne thing anymore. It's all Bats. All the time. When was the last time we had any good Clark Kent drama? So seeing Invincible struggle to hold it all together is a nice touch.

I never base how I like a comic if I can relate to whoever or not. Just if it's a good story or bad.

The stories are awesome. Did I not mention that? Every time Kirkman comes up with something that initially seems like a shark-jump, he just seems to make it work. He's yet to disappoint.

That said, I haven't read Invincible, there was a time I wanted, but now I just don't worry about it. I think my comic shop still has the first HC.

Get it. Now.

Seriously, Invincible and UC are the two things that have brought me back to comics in a big way. Before that, I was getting like one book a month. Now I'm getting two trades and about four titles.

No thanks. Like I said, I'm not intrested in Invicible right now (or maybe anymore). And getting something I don't want in the first place is a dumb move.

Holy crap, I'm older than Project??

See...Invincible can't be compared to Watchmen. No way.

Watchmen is a must read comic. You could live your entire life without even seeing one Invincible panel and be ok. But to go your life without reading Watchmen is to life an unfullfilled life.

I like Invincible for the "realistic" dialogue and the faint reminder of Spiderman's early years.

Latest posts

Back