Invincible

See...Invincible can't be compared to Watchmen. No way.

Watchmen is a must read comic. You could live your entire life without even seeing one Invincible panel and be ok. But to go your life without reading Watchmen is to life an unfullfilled life.

I like Invincible for the "realistic" dialogue and the faint reminder of Spiderman's early years.
I wasn't comparing Invincible to Watchmen. That was a joke... :?

I tried the first trade of Invincible. I didn't think it was anything special. Just another "kid gets superpowers" kind of thing. People keep saying that the book gets better, but I think that if you can't catch my interest in six issues then I'm not even going to bother.
Holy crap, I'm older than Project??
I am too.

D-does this mean that his whole "old man shtick" was...just a lie??

I just didn't know there were 16-year-olds that intelligent. Besides you, moony. :D (And yes, I know you're now 17.)

I wish there was a ProjectX2 (or moony) at my school. :(

Let me stay at your house and I will move there. I am serious.

Proj, Moony, Djf, Gothamite and I should meet up next summer and make a zany teen comedy where we all try to lose our virginity by the end of the month. With like.... alcohol and stuff in it.
Sounds like a plan.

I picked up the 3 Ultimate Collections of this. It's a really awesome book. Except now I'm stuck. I can either buy the next TPBs and try to catch up with normal issues, or I can wait for another hardcover. I can't decide.

See...Invincible can't be compared to Watchmen. No way.

Watchmen is a must read comic. You could live your entire life without even seeing one Invincible panel and be ok. But to go your life without reading Watchmen is to life an unfullfilled life.

I like Invincible for the "realistic" dialogue and the faint reminder of Spiderman's early years.

Of course they can't be compared. They're too completely different animals. Watchmen was one bleak, brilliant world-altering story, whereas Invincible is a long, branching saga of superhero-silliness and teen comedy/romance.

It's like comparing Buffy to Band of Brothers or something.

The new costume.

I don't think it's that great.
It's not even that different besides the colours.
If it were up to me, I would have given him a cape and made the costume a bit like the "Invincible of the future" costume Walker drew for when Mark is 30 (it's in one of the trades).
Omni-Boy (that must be what he's called) is awesome, however and I have thought that they should definitely do that ever since Mark's little brother was introduced. I'm certain that not everyone will feel the same way, however, as most people hate sidekicks in this day and age.
I have a little brother however. ;)

I'm not a fan of either.

I liked the costume as is. And as far as the sidekick thing goes,
I hoppe that it's not official and it basically turns out to be the brother tagging along against the wishes of Mark. Much like Syndrome/Incredi-Boy to Mr.Incredible on The Incredibles

I'm not a fan of either.

I liked the costume as is. And as far as the sidekick thing goes,
I hoppe that it's not official and it basically turns out to be the brother tagging along against the wishes of Mark. Much like Syndrome/Incredi-Boy to Mr.Incredible on The Incredibles

That's what I'm thinking too.
The new costume is not bad, but i preffer the old one.

Also, I want more of his father. They should show more of him and Allen kicking some Viltrumines' ***.

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking too.
The new costume is not bad, but i preffer the old one.

Also, I want more of his father. They should show more of him and Allen kicking some Viltrumines' ***.

He's got to be in issue 50. They made a point of including him in 25. There's no way he wouldn't be in issue 50.

Latest posts

Back