Invincible

icemastertron said:
Well, next time in the comic shop, Im gonna put the order in for the first TPB.

But -- but... It's not Marvel! :D

icemastertron said:
Well, next time in the comic shop, Im gonna put the order in for the first TPB.
No no, you wanna get the hardcover. It collects the same stuff as the first three TPB's and it's packed with extra stuff. Trust me.

vintsukka said:
No no, you wanna get the hardcover. It collects the same stuff as the first three TPB's and it's packed with extra stuff. Trust me.

Yeah I just read about that, issues #1-13 right? Not sure about the extras or whatnot. I also heard the Free Comic Book Day story featuring Invincible was being collected into one of the trades, not sure if it was Vol. 4 or 5 though.

vintsukka said:
Oh, ok. Didn't know there was a HC. I'll make sure to order the first HC than. Thanks! :D

The Hardcovers been out for a while, and just had its second printing released. Thats what you saw on the shipping threads.

As to the Universe question, it happens in what I like to call the IMageverse, wich has Super-Patriot, Savage Dragon, Brit, Noble Causes, and various sundry miniseries.

And buy you that hardcover. It good!

DIrishB said:
Yeah I just read about that, issues #1-13 right? Not sure about the extras or whatnot. I also heard the Free Comic Book Day story featuring Invincible was being collected into one of the trades, not sure if it was Vol. 4 or 5 though.
Yes, it collects issues 1-13. And the FCBD issue, or issue #0, is collected in TPB Vol. 5.

DIrishB said:
I think it comes out either this week or sometime this month. Sometime soon anyway. I think its $34.95 for the price.
The Invincible HC has been available for a while, I got mine about a month ago. Amazon.com sells it for $23.07.

EDIT: Okay, so Baxter was faster. Hey, that rhymes!

Last edited:
vintsukka said:
Yes, it collects issues 1-13. And the FCBD issue, or issue #0, is collected in TPB Vol. 5.

Oh ok, so the FCBD issue and the #0 issue are the same thing?

The Invincible HC has been available for a while, I got mine about a month ago. Amazon.com sells it for $23.07.

EDIT: Okay, so Baxter was faster. Hey, that rhymes!

Gotcha.

DIrishB said:
Oh ok, so the FCBD issue and the #0 issue are the same thing?
That's how I've understood it, yes.

The issue #0 is kind of an introduction to the comic and recaps the main events so far but it also fits nicely in the timeline where they've put it in the TPB. So it's not just an extra they tossed there, it actually works in that order.

vintsukka said:
That's how I've understood it, yes.

The issue #0 is kind of an introduction to the comic and recaps the main events so far but it also fits nicely in the timeline where they've put it in the TPB. So it's not just an extra they tossed there, it actually works in that order.

Oh ok cool, thanks for the info Vint...maybe I will check this title out.

EDIT: Just checked out some info on the trades, and Vol. 4 features the FCBD Summer Special, while Vol. 5 features the #0 issue, so apparently they are separate. Either that or just collected in both volumes for some reason under different names, but I doubt that.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
EDIT: Just checked out some info on the trades, and Vol. 4 features the FCBD Summer Special, while Vol. 5 features the #0 issue, so apparently they are separate. Either that or just collected in both volumes for some reason under different names, but I doubt that.
Ok, I thought they were the same thing but I guess not. Wonder where I got that impression? Anyway, it was the issue #0 I was talking about in my last post, haven't read the FCBD thing. Aren't I glad that the TPB vol. 4 is on its way to me as we speak (or type, whatevah).

vintsukka said:
Ok, I thought they were the same thing but I guess not. Wonder where I got that impression? Anyway, it was the issue #0 I was talking about in my last post, haven't read the FCBD thing. Aren't I glad that the TPB vol. 4 is on its way to me as we speak (or type, whatevah).

Well when it gets to you let me know how it fits in with the rest of the issue. I changed my mind and am actually going to pick up a few of the trades, after all I like Kirkman's Walking Dead, and I'm sure I'm going to like his Marvel Zombies and run on UXM, so why not?

DIrishB said:
Well when it gets to you let me know how it fits in with the rest of the issue.
Got the trade today. Had a quick look and the FCBD thing is inserted in the middle of the book, between issues 15 and 16 (the book collects 14-19 + FCBD). I works well there but it would have worked as well pretty much anywhere else too. It's only eight pages and that includes a quick fight with a villan that has been established earlier, half a page of recap about the events of vol. 3 and a little unnecessary (but still nice) character interaction. If you don't read this thing, you don't miss anything important but for a completist it's a must. Good thing it's in the trade so you don't have to hunt for it.

EDIT: Have to correct myself, the villain debuts in the FCBD Special and only later appears in the regular series, in issue 19. But still, there's nothing in the FCBD Special that you "have to know" to follow the normal issues.

Last edited:
vintsukka said:
Got the trade today. Had a quick look and the FCBD thing is inserted in the middle of the book, between issues 15 and 16 (the book collects 14-19 + FCBD). I works well there but it would have worked as well pretty much anywhere else too. It's only eight pages and that includes a quick fight with a villan that has been established earlier, half a page of recap about the events of vol. 3 and a little unnecessary (but still nice) character interaction. If you don't read this thing, you don't miss anything important but for a completist it's a must. Good thing it's in the trade so you don't have to hunt for it.

EDIT: Have to correct myself, the villain debuts in the FCBD Special and only later appears in the regular series, in issue 19. But still, there's nothing in the FCBD Special that you "have to know" to follow the normal issues.

Cool, thanks Vint.

I finished the TPB vol. 4 and I have to make an addition to the Invincible/Brit references I mentioned earlier. There's a big reference in Invincible #16 to Brit #3. Brit isn't seen in it but the villains from Brit play a part in the issue. If you don't know Brit, leaving the reference open actually works in the style of Invincible (having a monumental cataclysmic event and then having only a small reference to it), but you'll understand it much better if you know Brit.

vintsukka said:
I finished the TPB vol. 4 and I have to make an addition to the Invincible/Brit references I mentioned earlier. There's a big reference in Invincible #16 to Brit #3. Brit isn't seen in it but the villains from Brit play a part in the issue. If you don't know Brit, leaving the reference open actually works in the style of Invincible (having a monumental cataclysmic event and then having only a small reference to it), but you'll understand it much better if you know Brit.

Cool. I have to get around to picking up those trades.

In the new town I'm at, sports a new library for me to peruse, and unlike the old one which had no Graphic Novels, this one has some to chose from.

The first three Invincible trades are here to read, and I have read the first one. I wasn't blown away like people seem to have been, but I'm not disgusted by it either.

I'll read the next two trades, and see if my opinion changes any.

In the new town I'm at, sports a new library for me to peruse, and unlike the old one which had no Graphic Novels, this one has some to chose from.

The first three Invincible trades are here to read, and I have read the first one. I wasn't blown away like people seem to have been, but I'm not disgusted by it either.

I'll read the next two trades, and see if my opinion changes any.

one of the main reasons people were blow away by this, was the fact it wasn't what most people expected. it wasn't that dark, subplotted, on subplot. and more than what-not its about how Mark is dealing with it, and not Invincible.

Latest posts

Back