Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Iron Man?

• Total voters
Talking dragons work fine.... but any dragon in this franchise would be a very poor idea.

I want to see the Mandarin, in a new improved way. The concept of the Crimson Dynamo has plenty of potential. Either one could be completely revamped and made into an almost original character and work just fine as a villain.

One thing I hope they stick to is not using going out of their way to use supervillain names, like with the Iron Monger. Crimson Dynamo is fine as it's a publicity name, but I could see "the Mandarin" being just slyly used as the alias of the boss of the Ten Rings organization(who I'm totally for being the terrorist from this film).

OK...

There seems to be some heated discussion about the Mandarin and his possible appearance in the sequel to this excellent Iron Man movie. Well...

Why?

The Mandarin doesn't have to be the "classic" Yellow Peril Mandarin from the 1960's. That would just be stupid and useless...

BUT. China has made leaps and bounds in the technology and manufacturing industries. Why not have a Mandarin who is a leader in both, the Chinese Tony Stark who wants to use Stark's ARC reactor technology to power his ten rings. Did I mention, he's also the leader of a multi-national terrorist group?

Because you can be a successful bidness man and also be the leader of a multinational terrorist group. And that makes you seriously F'N evil. Word.

Last edited:
I see where having Fing Fang Foom might not 'fit right' in the franchise, but I think it could still be made to work, even if FFF isn't in the movie for that long.

There's always a chance. And since they already have the mentions of The Ten Rings, it's not hard to lead in to Mandarin from there (although even w/o the mention of it it'd still be easy to transition into).

I think The Mandarin is pretty much a lock. His name has been thrown around since early drafts of this movie.

Cool I hope he makes it to sequel.

With very realistic purple pants.

:lol::lol:

And it could still be awesome, even though the last major motion picture featuring a talking dragon was Dragonheart.

Soon to be the DBZ movie next year with Shenron.:D

I think, instead of Mandarin, we should have Ledger's Joker fight Iron Man in the sequel.

If they use FFF like they are in Iron Man; Viva Los Vegas, I think it could work (he's like a giant golden robot dragon thing)

If they use FFF like they are in Iron Man; Viva Los Vegas, I think it could work (he's like a giant golden robot dragon thing)

That's idiotic. Fin Fang Foom isn't a robot.

His actual origin, being an alien slumbering on Earth for eons, awakened by man and wreacking havoc, is a good one, if a bit "done" at this point.

There's no reason they can't just use that, maybe have Stark drilling somewhere or soemthing and awaking him. It's fine.

That's idiotic. Fin Fang Foom isn't a robot.

His actual origin, being an alien slumbering on Earth for eons, awakened by man and wreacking havoc, is a good one, if a bit "done" at this point.

There's no reason they can't just use that, maybe have Stark drilling somewhere or soemthing and awaking him. It's fine.

That just seems like a waste of special effects money for one fight scene.

If they wanted to use robot instead, they could always go with Ultimo.

However considering mandarin will likely be the villain in the next film and considering his rings of power put him iron Man's league, he doesn't really need FFF or ultimo to fight for him.

It was great.

About five minutes into the movie I realized just how painfully perfect Robert Downey Jr. is as Stark. He's really just the character come to life.

This is probably the first time in a long time that I've totally envied a superhero in a movie. I thought after he tested out the silver suit and crashed through his roof "Y'know, with the kind of fetishization of technology nowadays, it's a perfect time to release a movie like this", which then led me to realize that I would give up several vital organs in order to own my own an Iron Man suit. Peter Parker's life sucks, Bruce Wayne is all dark and tortured, but damned if Tony Stark isn't someone I'd like to be.

The rest of the cast was great.

Not having really read this thread, I had no idea about the scene after the credits and didn't bother to stay after :( . Fortunately, people have bootlegged that **** onto YouTube.

AWESOME.

I can't wait for the Avengers movie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back