Justice League: To the silver screen!

How come there are rarely ever pictures of shootings and real-life vigilante attacks when they actually happen, then?

(Please, don't anyone post a link to C.O.P.S. or anything similarly retarded like that)

To begin with there aren't real vigilantes in the same vein as Batman. I don't see actual people running around stopping criminals dressed in elaborate costumes. So that pretty much explains why there aren't actual photos of vigilantes stopping crimes. Even assuming that no one is sure that Batman is real, him as an urban legend would warrant interest by the media. He would be front page news and as such everyone would be after a photo/video of him. I was simply saying that in the modern age when you have camera's at every street corner, and people walking around with video phones, eventually there is going to be some pretty conclusive proof that Batman is real. I mean as soon as the Joker goes on TV threatening Gotham unless Batman reveals himself, or whatever, the citizens of Gotham are probably going to assume that the whole Batman thing is real. This doesn't even take into account how much attention and media coverage a large criminal attack by a supervillain would bring.

The issue for me isn't how well known he is, it's about the fact that it's common knowledge that he's an ordinary guy in a mask with a secret identity that can be exposed. And for the cops, they know him in person and can watch him in talking to criminals well-lit rooms and so on.

At some point, it's like why even bother with the "bat" part? It takes a lot away from what makes Batman a cut cooler than most masked vigilantes for me.

The issue for me isn't how well known he is, it's about the fact that it's common knowledge that he's an ordinary guy in a mask with a secret identity that can be exposed. And for the cops, they know him in person and can watch him in talking to criminals well-lit rooms and so on.

At some point, it's like why even bother with the "bat" part? It takes a lot away from what makes Batman a cut cooler than most masked vigilantes for me.

I can see your point when it comes to that.

I can see the newspapers over here now

The Independent - "Masked Vigilante saves city from escaped criminal."

Daily Mail - "Man dressed as a bat stops robbery."

The Sun - "Bat-nipples page 3"
The Mirror - Bats Drunk and Coked Up with Paris Hilton
YES - Batman Upskirt Moment
Star -Masked Avenger, Crazy Parent.

Latest posts

Back