Justice League: To the silver screen!

This is exactly why I find it ridiculous when people think EVERY super villain needs to be explained or given an origin or a full-on expository rationale as to why they are super villains.

A character isn't necessarily lacking or one dimensional just because his background hasn't been spelled out, let alone his origin. Character comes from behavior and mannerisms, kind of like how you know everything you need to know about Indiana Jones from his attitude, his demeanor and his philosophy to life than from an expository detailing of how he came to be.

Well in a serial format like a comic, its pretty boring for a character to come in and have no real motive for their action, like with Trapster, why is he criminal, instead of a millionaire who got rich pattening his glue? Why should I care about Trapster when they can't be bothered to expalin his motive.

Some characters can work well without origins, like Bullseye or Joker, but you have to put a lot of effort into making personality shine through without. That works best with insane characters, characters who are jsut greedy, well, they did some explanation on why they don't find an easier way to use their powers for money.

With heroes, though, you need an origin to explain who they, Indy jones isn't a good comparsion example, the general audience will wonder where flash got his speed powers or where GL's ring came from, those are questions you need to address, which is not the case with more down to earth characters.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I find it ridiculous when people think EVERY super villain needs to be explained or given an origin or a full-on expository rationale as to why they are super villains.

A character isn't necessarily lacking or one dimensional just because his background hasn't been spelled out, let alone his origin. Character comes from behavior and mannerisms, kind of like how you know everything you need to know about Indiana Jones from his attitude, his demeanor and his philosophy to life than from an expository detailing of how he came to be.

In fact, the only time such an origin becomes ABSOLUTELY necessary is when it becomes somehow relevant and connected to the plot at present, kind of like you know Eddie Valiant has a past notoriety for taking Toon clients and Toontown cases, despite being grouchy about it all the time, something that doesn't become ORIGIN material until later in the film when it is explained shortly before he drives to the Gag Factory and fights Judge Doom.

I agree. Hannibal Lecter, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett are all characters that lost a lot of appeal after we found out their backgrounds.

I agree. Hannibal Lecter, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett are all characters that lost a lot of appeal after we found out their backgrounds.
Well to be fair, I don't think giving an origin automatically and conclusively makes them lose their appeal. I just think it's not an absolute necessity.

Well to be fair, I don't think giving an origin automatically and conclusively makes them lose their appeal. I just think it's not an absolute necessity.

I'm not saying that an origin makes every character more boring, I'm just saying that I found it to be the case for those three in particular. I would tend to argue that all three lost a great deal of mystery when their histories were filled in.

I'm not saying that an origin makes every character more boring, I'm just saying that I found it to be the case for those three in particular. I would tend to argue that all three lost a great deal of mystery when their histories were filled in.
I wasn't saying you said that. Merely clarifying myself. :)

The fact that those guys' origins were handled really ****ly may also have something to do with it.

I'm all about origin movies and if they decide to make a Superman one? Fine, I'm behind it. I just worry that every time the franchise stops for a couple of years, the movie-making peoplez will feel compelled to make another origin movie to 're-introduce the character to a contemporary audience'.

I got bored so I came up with this.

Story : After been beat by superman in returns and by Batman in the dark knight, Lex Luthor and the Joker decide to team up to help each other out. The joker supplies Lex with his army of criminals one of which (John Corben) Lex and Joker together turn in to a Kryptonite powered cyborg called Metallo.

Metallo while struggling with the fact he can no longer feel sets off to do the impossible. Kill Superman. He succeeds. The man of steel is no more. News of this spreads through the superhero world as their biggest guy has been defeated.

Batman takes the news the worst. He has figured out on his own who superman is and seeing superman he had hopes that his world would not always be darkness.

The flash, Wonder Woman and The Green Lantern team up to form a league of heroes who will work together to try and stop the new found alliance of Lex and the joker.

Batman is waging a one man war but when given the chance to join does so out of respect for the fallen hero superman and so The Justice League is complete and the real battle begins .......

Trailer I made for it (not perfect I know):

[Youtube]TjNNVOyzmo0[/youtube]

Trailer notes :

• Lex has been replaced with Michael Rosenbaum because I didn't lex in returns.
  • The ryan reynolds scene is because he is the flash in it and I figured would show that
  • The guy talking Lex and the guy with the gun are supposed to both be Metallo
  • The end scene is to show superman comes back in the film for the final fight.
  • Cast is not set in stone obviously as flash , wonder woman and green lantern were just to show them live action

I figured Lex and Joker as Batman and Superman have both had movies. Then they can do flash , wonder woman and green lantern movies so Justice leauge 2 = their villains then 3rd could be a big group of everyone's most likely Lex , Joker and the villains from 2 teaming up.

I got bored so I came up with this.

Story : After been beat by superman in returns and by Batman in the dark knight, Lex Luthor and the Joker decide to team up to help each other out. The joker supplies Lex with his army of criminals one of which (John Corben) Lex and Joker together turn in to a Kryptonite powered cyborg called Metallo.

Metallo while struggling with the fact he can no longer feel sets off to do the impossible. Kill Superman. He succeeds. The man of steel is no more. News of this spreads through the superhero world as their biggest guy has been defeated.

Batman takes the news the worst. He has figured out on his own who superman is and seeing superman he had hopes that his world would not always be darkness.

The flash, Wonder Woman and The Green Lantern team up to form a league of heroes who will work together to try and stop the new found alliance of Lex and the joker.

Batman is waging a one man war but when given the chance to join does so out of respect for the fallen hero superman and so The Justice League is complete and the real battle begins .......

Trailer I made for it (not perfect I know):

[Youtube]TjNNVOyzmo0[/youtube]

Trailer notes :

• Lex has been replaced with Michael Rosenbaum because I didn't lex in returns.
  • The ryan reynolds scene is because he is the flash in it and I figured would show that
  • The guy talking Lex and the guy with the gun are supposed to both be Metallo
  • The end scene is to show superman comes back in the film for the final fight.
  • Cast is not set in stone obviously as flash , wonder woman and green lantern were just to show them live action

I figured Lex and Joker as Batman and Superman have both had movies. Then they can do flash , wonder woman and green lantern movies so Justice leauge 2 = their villains then 3rd could be a big group of everyone's most likely Lex , Joker and the villains from 2 teaming up.

Cool trailer Mole. Too bad I think that would be the absolutly wrong way to do a JLA movie.

Did anyone besides bluebeast like the trailer?

Latest posts

Back