Justice League: To the silver screen!

So is this if it is cgi. It's just a 3d one. Like shrek or toy story.

It's hyper realistic cgi. It's so that the characters look almost real, but it's all on the computer. Toy Story and Shrek did have good graphics for their main characters but this would take that up a notch.

CBR:

The rumor from IESB suggests flights and tights. "There will be motion capture used in the film but it will not be an all out 'motion capture production.' Heavy motion capture will be used for the OMACs, the underwater sequences and such. So, all in all, this will be a traditionally made film with some motion capture characters, pretty much like every big fantasy movie these days. So that appears to be the final word on that subject."

They also note a rumor reiterated at Kryptonsite that actor Tom Welling had been approached to get all red and blue for the movie, but their update from producer Al Gough is quick with the debunking. "Completely false. Hasn't been approached. He's under contract to the show through season 8," Gough said.

"We have triple checked this out and all indications are that Tom Welling in fact is a go on the WB side," IESB's Robert Sanchez said. "I rechecked with my sources and they are all still saying yes, yes Tom Welling, yes 'Justice League,' yes production starts early next year and yes 'Smallville' will have to work around it. Believe me, the IESB will be the first to post a retraction on a story if we are proved wrong, but right now, this is what we are hearing."

CBR:

The rumor from IESB suggests flights and tights. "There will be motion capture used in the film but it will not be an all out 'motion capture production.' Heavy motion capture will be used for the OMACs, the underwater sequences and such. So, all in all, this will be a traditionally made film with some motion capture characters, pretty much like every big fantasy movie these days. So that appears to be the final word on that subject."

They also note a rumor reiterated at Kryptonsite that actor Tom Welling had been approached to get all red and blue for the movie, but their update from producer Al Gough is quick with the debunking. "Completely false. Hasn't been approached. He's under contract to the show through season 8," Gough said.

"We have triple checked this out and all indications are that Tom Welling in fact is a go on the WB side," IESB's Robert Sanchez said. "I rechecked with my sources and they are all still saying yes, yes Tom Welling, yes 'Justice League,' yes production starts early next year and yes 'Smallville' will have to work around it. Believe me, the IESB will be the first to post a retraction on a story if we are proved wrong, but right now, this is what we are hearing."

OMACS? Where were they ever mentioned as being in this?

If the movie were to be animated/CGI/etc, what if they did it like A Scanner Darkly? That would be cool.

I personally do not want to see Tom Welling in this film. It's a big "**** you" to Brandon Routh, and it's a bad idea. Audiences would get confused at why they didn't cast Routh. From the look of things, it looks like they might make the JLA movie something like the "young" JLA from Smallville (Superman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg), but that would suck.

These are the JLA-ers that we must have:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash

Green Arrow is optional. Martian Manhunter is a possibility I guess, maybe he could be the focus of the sequel. I'd like to see Darkseid as the main villain of this film.

If the movie were to be animated/CGI/etc, what if they did it like A Scanner Darkly? That would be cool.

I personally do not want to see Tom Welling in this film. It's a big "**** you" to Brandon Routh, and it's a bad idea. Audiences would get confused at why they didn't cast Routh. From the look of things, it looks like they might make the JLA movie something like the "young" JLA from Smallville (Superman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg), but that would suck.

These are the JLA-ers that we must have:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash

Green Arrow is optional. Martian Manhunter is a possibility I guess, maybe he could be the focus of the sequel. I'd like to see Darkseid as the main villain of this film.

I agree to most you say except for the notion to do this like A Scanner Darkly. Make it like a mix of Beowulf and Ultiamte Alliance. I think a steady roster of 8 or maybe even 9 would be the best option for this movie. Add a couple extras later on for the sequel. And yes to Darkseid in this one, I don't see anyone else better.

I agree to most you say except for the notion to do this like A Scanner Darkly. Make it like a mix of Beowulf and Ultiamte Alliance. I think a steady roster of 8 or maybe even 9 would be the best option for this movie. Add a couple extras later on for the sequel. And yes to Darkseid in this one, I don't see anyone else better.

Well, I haven't seen Beowulf, and I haven't played Ultimate Alliance.

DC/WB is already talking about a Teen Titans movie, which should not be made IMO. If they're really serious about this, they need to concentrate only on this (except for the Dark Knight....I wouldn't mind if Man of Steel doesn't get made). But, I guess they do need a lot of funding. I mean, we're talking about the biggest ****ing superhero film of all time here. If they don't get Routh as Superman, then they need to get someone other than Welling.

Brandon Routh needs to be told "**** you." Welling is this generation's Superman.

He may be, but the later seasons of Smallville suck really bad.

"Oh, Mxyzptlk is a Russian exchange student or whatever!"

"Oh, Cyborg is being introduced which is giving off a really bad Super Friends vibe because the only thing Cyborg has to do with Superman is that he appeared in Super Friends for a while! Also, Cyborg is nothing like his comics counterpart! His robotic enhancements are on the inside which makes him teh suxx!"

"Oh, this show sucks!"

But enough of the Smallville dissing, guys.

I think I just told Tom Welling, regardless of whether or not he needed to be told, and in doing so, just told you, Joe Kalicki.

Last edited:
I disagree. In the battle of mopey do-nothing 00's Superman, Welling is the victor.

Again I agree.

Welling was is much better than Routh , but to be fair to Routh it was more of the script than him as I think he could of been good if given good script.

One time I pushed Tom Welling in front of a speeding truck.

It was yesterday. And since he's this generation's Superman (as you pointed out), and since this generation sucks balls (as Random pointed out), he crumbled upon impact with the truck. He's no longer on Smallville. Smallville's been canceled as a result. He's now on Hellville.

Last edited:
I disagree. In the battle of mopey do-nothing 00's Superman, Welling is the victor.
That has to do with directing, not acting abilities. Routh is much better, but I dont feel like agruing this point, Welling should not play the actually superman.

It was yesterday. And since he's this generation's Superman (as you pointed out), and since this generation sucks balls (as Random pointed out), he crumbled upon impact with the truck. He's no longer on Smallville. Smallville's been canceled as a result. He's now on Hellville.
... too much

... too much

Lol, I just started pulling **** out of my ***.

Guys, I don't think they need so many characters. Even 7 members of the JLA seems like a lot, since they have to introduce them and go into their origins and whatnot.

Guys, I don't think they need so many characters. Even 7 members of the JLA seems like a lot, since they have to introduce them and go into their origins and whatnot.

They dont need to introduce anybody, you can work in explanations for newcomers into a few lines at most, the problem is balancing the characters, too much and everything becomes confusing to the viewer.

They did it great in Timmverse (but what don't they do great?). All it takes is a one sentence answer. Flash, "I'm that speedster from Central City, you know the one who got struck by lightning? Oh never mind." and Green Lantern, "I'm from the Green Lantern Corps, long story).

There you go.

Latest posts

Back