Justice League Unlimited

Random said:
There was a new episode on tonight. It was okay, I thought Kara's reasons were just dumb and forced. But the last line had me on the floor.

Agreed, maybe if it had been a two-parter her reasons could have been a bit more fleshed out, and it wouldn't have seemed too forced.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I love this show. Why are they ending it?
It really sucks, maybe they haven't been getting enough viewers.

I have a feeling she returns quickly enough

The final episode is massive battle against Darkseid, and an unexpected hero returns.

But then again, that could also be AMAZO

Great episode. I hate to say it but even the most random JLU episodes (like last night's) beat the multi-part episodes of the old X-Men and Spiderman cartoons combined.

I don't know why....but I've come to like Supergirl more and more in the comics. So it was good to see her shine in the show.

The Brainiac line at the end was awesome.

I'm surprised people found Supergirl staying in the 30th century forced - I just thought it was hella-obvious from the get-go.

To me though - it doesn't matter how obvious it was, but just to see what they do with it. It seemed sincere to me, and it was an enjoyable episode.

And that last line was ****ing brilliant.

Nice episode, not the best, but nice.

The fifth season finale is okay. The fourth season Lexiac finale was much better.

But damn, do I love this show.

Bass said:
I'm surprised people found Supergirl staying in the 30th century forced - I just thought it was hella-obvious from the get-go.

To me though - it doesn't matter how obvious it was, but just to see what they do with it. It seemed sincere to me, and it was an enjoyable episode.

Nice episode, not the best, but nice.

The fifth season finale is okay. The fourth season Lexiac finale was much better.

But damn, do I love this show.

I loved the last line. That was awesome.

I loved the finale. It was brillant and very intese. Darkseid kicks ***. Superman's speech about cardboard was baddass if you ask me.

Bass said:

Agreed.

Bass said:
My favourite bit was Batman vs Darkseid's Omega Beams.
Same here. It was a great episode, though I didn't like how it ended (at the very end). was okay for a season finale but not a series I'd go into more detial but it hasn't aired yet, I saw it on youtube.

And Supergirl won't return, shes not in the finale episode and I heared there might be a Legion spinoff which would probably suck cause some of those characters looked like crap. So the DCAU may continue.

Also I think the 90's Spider-man and X-men are better shows just because it shows more inner character, JLU is too big for my tastes but still a great show, but if you compare DCAU and Marvel Animated Uniiverse there's no comparison. DC blows Marvel out of the water. Becuase DCAU has the same continuity from Batman TAS 14 YEARS ago! and it may continue with Legion.

Random said:
Same here. It was a great episode, though I didn't like how it ended (at the very end). was okay for a season finale but not a series I'd go into more detial but it hasn't aired yet, I saw it on youtube.

And Supergirl won't return, shes not in the finale episode and I heared there might be a Legion spinoff which would probably suck cause some of those characters looked like crap. So the DCAU may continue.

Also I think the 90's Spider-man and X-men are better shows just because it shows more inner character, JLU is too big for my tastes but still a great show, but if you compare DCAU and Marvel Animated Uniiverse there's no comparison. DC blows Marvel out of the water. Becuase DCAU has the same continuity from Batman TAS 14 YEARS ago! and it may continue with Legion.

I hear there's a legion spinoff too. I think if I looked through my internet history I could probably confirm that too because I think I read it like yesterday.

As for comparing to X_Men and Spider-Man animated series... I love marvel, but this show is so much better.

And guess how the DCAU is rumoured to continue?

With a crappy Legion of Superheroes and The Superman cartoon.

Iceshadow said:
Agreed, maybe if it had been a two-parter her reasons could have been a bit more fleshed out, and it wouldn't have seemed too forced.

It really sucks, maybe they haven't been getting enough viewers.

I don't think so. WB has this weird habit of cancelling shows no matter how high the ratings are if they reached a certain amount of episodes (at least 52). That's why they cancelled Teen Titans even though it was pretty popular, and it's the same with JLU.

This would have been okay if there was a better alternative but so far there's not. The Batman is no match to BTAS. That show was pretty meh and I was expecting a bit more since they touted it as "Ultimate Batman", but actually looks more like anime Batman with all the crazy stuff and gadgets.

Last edited:
Exactly. One of the problems with The Batman (it has a cool theme tune though) is that the Batman TAS looked like nothing else on tv. In fact, it's style spawned rip-offs. It was unique. I was watching The Batman and thought, "Isn't this the Jackie Chan adventure show?" - and it's of course, done by the same team.

Plus, the stories aren't nearly as good. Joker's a ****. And I dislike how every villain has super-jumping-karate-kick moves and speedline-tastic powers.

It's just another bad anime show with the characters dressing up as Batman characters.

I'd not mind the Timmverse continuing in a rather subversive manner - if they did a Spider-Man cartoon, and then an X-Men cartoon, leading into an Avengers Unlimited cartoon. I'd be happy with no more DCAU if it meant they were doing the Marvel universe. That said - I want more Justice League Unlimited.

At least 37 more seasons.

I'm a little excited for The Legion of Superheroes TV show... mostly because they are going to play off of Immortal characters from our era as much as they make up their own villains...

It's in the Timmverse, and therefore this legion is the descendent of Batman Beyond and the DCU...

Hey, we -could- see Impulse on this show... that would rock times a thousand... Or even better, the Tornado Twins (Barry Allen's children).

Hell, we could even see Booster Gold (he IS from the future)

As long as it stays true to the general theme of the previous Timm shows, I'll be happy.

but "The Superman"???

Eww...

Eww times a thousand billion.

Bass said:
Exactly. One of the problems with The Batman (it has a cool theme tune though) is that the Batman TAS looked like nothing else on tv. In fact, it's style spawned rip-offs. It was unique. I was watching The Batman and thought, "Isn't this the Jackie Chan adventure show?" - and it's of course, done by the same team.

Plus, the stories aren't nearly as good. Joker's a ****. And I dislike how every villain has super-jumping-karate-kick moves and speedline-tastic powers.

It's just another bad anime show with the characters dressing up as Batman characters.

I'd not mind the Timmverse continuing in a rather subversive manner - if they did a Spider-Man cartoon, and then an X-Men cartoon, leading into an Avengers Unlimited cartoon. I'd be happy with no more DCAU if it meant they were doing the Marvel universe. That said - I want more Justice League Unlimited.

At least 37 more seasons.

You see I love the animation and the look of the show. I think the villains are fantastic looking. But the story is plain and not that exciting. I like the fact that Joker can go toe to toe with Batman, but Penquin?! No. That sucks.

thee great one said:
You see I love the animation and the look of the show. I think the villains are fantastic looking. But the story is plain and not that exciting. I like the fact that Joker can go toe to toe with Batman, but Penquin?! No. That sucks.

Ed Zachary. :mrgreen:

thee great one said:
I agree its okay to have the Joker be more of a fighter, and Pengiun is just completely and honestly stupid. In Batman TAS he had a lot more depth and wasnt some dumbass comic relief. I REALLY hate this when it happens. They had good on all the essentials (mainly animation and such) and they completely blow it. Its like they have no brain. Its just like the Mtv Spider-man, they had a everything needed except a good plot, story, character developement, dialogue, character interactions, or ANY kind of direction.
GODDMAN IT I'M REALLY PISSED OFF NOW!!!. I wish I had control over the animated shows, I bet you I could make the greatest series ever.

But see...everyone has their own idea about what would be great. That's what revision is all about.

Case in point---look at my Punisher fanfic. A total reimagining that I think is awesome. Instead of a murderous vigilante...I made him into a field interrogator for S.H.I.E.L.D. But he still has his military background. I think this reimagination is awesome...some may disagree. And that's their perogative.

I personally like The Batman. Some of the character reimaginings are great such as The Joker, Killer Croc, Clayface. Some suck such as Penguin, Man-Bat, even Mr. Freeze. I love the fighting animation. It's so much better than Batman TAS............but with new technology and animation effects the JLU fights are much better than The Batman. But you also have to recognize the scale of the fights too. The Batman fights are all low scale. One on one in the alley. But JLU fights are normally a group of heroes fighting a group of villains in space...the air...everywhere. I'm rambling now so I'll just say this:

• I love JLU
  • I love Batman and Superman TAS
  • I like The Batman.............................................like...not love.

Latest posts

Back