Justice League Unlimited

thee great one said:
You see I love the animation and the look of the show. I think the villains are fantastic looking.

I think the animation of The Batman is brilliant, and Joker and the rest of the villains look very cool.

My problem is this -

When Batman TAS originally aired nothing on tv looked like it.

When The Batman originally aired, as cool as it looked, it looked like every other cool American-anime cartoon out there.

That's my problem. It looks sweet, but it's just like everything else.

Random said:
I agree its okay to have the Joker be more of a fighter, and Pengiun is just completely and honestly stupid. In Batman TAS he had a lot more depth and wasnt some dumbass comic relief. I REALLY hate this when it happens. They had good on all the essentials (mainly animation and such) and they completely blow it. Its like they have no brain. Its just like the Mtv Spider-man, they had a everything needed except a good plot, story, character developement, dialogue, character interactions, or ANY kind of direction.
GODDMAN IT I'M REALLY PISSED OFF NOW!!!. I wish I had control over the animated shows, I bet you I could make the greatest series ever.

MTV Spidey was stupid. The Timmverse puts the majority of superhero comics to shame. It improved the mythos. It didn't just re-tell it.

Victor Von Doom said:
But see...everyone has their own idea about what would be great. That's what revision is all about.

Case in point---look at my Punisher fanfic. A total reimagining that I think is awesome. Instead of a murderous vigilante...I made him into a field interrogator for S.H.I.E.L.D. But he still has his military background. I think this reimagination is awesome...some may disagree. And that's their perogative.

Thing is, the job of the writer is to make their ideas lovable, by telling them in a way to make people love them as much as they do, which is not the talent of creativity, but of craftsmanship. I mean, Tolkein created a wonderful story and reality, but in my opinion, doesn't tell that story too well.

So it's not so much who thinks what is great, but the writers making the audience appreciate what they think is great as much as they do.

I think I'm rambiling too.

Victor Von Doom said:
But see...everyone has their own idea about what would be great. That's what revision is all about.
I'm not saying that I want to have only my ideas, I just want to be the guy that says "No that's stupid what are you thinking, the Pengiun doing martial arts and actually challenging Batman? What, Mary Jane and Harry get involved with the superhero plot again? What are you high, get out of here!" That's my dream job, to stop the crap and force out good stories.

Bass said:
I think the animation of The Batman is brilliant, and Joker and the rest of the villains look very cool.

My problem is this -

When Batman TAS originally aired nothing on tv looked like it.

When The Batman originally aired, as cool as it looked, it looked like every other cool American-anime cartoon out there.

That's my problem. It looks sweet, but it's just like everything else.

MTV Spidey was stupid. The Timmverse puts the majority of superhero comics to shame. It improved the mythos. It didn't just re-tell it.

Thing is, the job of the writer is to make their ideas lovable, by telling them in a way to make people love them as much as they do, which is not the talent of creativity, but of craftsmanship. I mean, Tolkein created a wonderful story and reality, but in my opinion, doesn't tell that story too well.

So it's not so much who thinks what is great, but the writers making the audience appreciate what they think is great as much as they do.

I think I'm rambiling too.
Couldn't of put it better myself.

This sucks a huge amount of ***.

Though I'm happy for the movies.

Plus, I want more Shining Knight and Vigilante.

AND I want a laser tank.

AND I'm curious as to why people haven't seen Alive or Destroyer. I downloaded them over 2 months ago. :?

AND I want more Justice League Unlimited.

AND Legion of Superheroes, if the Timmverse and "Far From Home" was a 'pilot' for the show, will be rockin'. Especially if Kevin Conroy is Batman in it in some round-a-bout way (such as Batman just shows up without any explanation - this would be fine with me).

AND I want Superman to show up to Brainiac and Supergirl's wedding. With a gun.

AND I want more Justice League Unlimited.

AND I'm downloading Teen Titans so I can enjoy more Timmverse goodness.

AND I rock.

I like Big Barda.

And damn, is Giganta fine.

I wish I were a cartoon superhero, instead of a stupid old Nexus of the World.

I MISS OURCHAIR!

Last edited:
sevensoldiersofvictorypost4gk.jpg

This would make such a kickass series....

(its from Superbuddies)

Although I still like my Birds of Prey idea...

Vigilante is sooooo cool. Patriot Act, the Seven Soldiers JLU episode is one of my all-time faves.

Also, how come virtually the entire lead cast of Firefly have gigs on JLU? Weird. But cool.

Bass said:
Vigilante is sooooo cool. Patriot Act, the Seven Soldiers JLU episode is one of my all-time faves.

Also, how come virtually the entire lead cast of Firefly have gigs on JLU? Weird. But cool.
I thought Shining knight was a dumb third rate character until that episode, so bad ***

Bass said:

Because they're so cool?

Victor Von Doom said:
Weak joke....

game8dw.png

HARSH! :lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
BTW---I found the greatest moment in JLU history!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco&search=justice%20league%20unlimited%20flash%20

There is no denying---it is the best moment. Although I haven't seen the final episode yet so.........

BUT UP TIL NOW THIS IS THE BEST!!!!

It is ****ing sweet.

There's a great moment in the fifth season finale "Destroyer" with
Batman vs Darkseid

But I love Flash.

Flash: "Hey, [the alternate universe Justice League going rouge and taking over their Earth and resulting in armageddon] only happened because their Flash died. So as long as you all focus on keeping me alive, that'll never happen here."

Flash sits there smug. The rest of the League look at him.

Martian Manhunter: "Let's put a pin in that theory for the moment."

Latest posts

Back